Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2018

******EXPIRED******LAVA HOT!!!! iPhone 8 64gb OR Galaxy S9 for $0 on Koodo MEDIUM tab (may get GCs)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2018 3:33 pm
Tags:
Sep 13, 2016
376 posts
517 upvotes
Mississauga
I got the iPhone8 and didn't create a Koodo online account or insert the SIM. Does anyone know if I can just call them and cancel?
Jan 20, 2012
482 posts
332 upvotes
LONDON
Dinamo2016 wrote:
Nov 27th, 2018 5:53 pm
I got the iPhone8 and didn't create a Koodo online account or insert the SIM. Does anyone know if I can just call them and cancel?
As long as you have the phone in your possession you can call and cancel.
Please do not PM me with requests for assistance, unless I PM you first, or if I give you permission to. That's what the forums are for!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6504 posts
2417 upvotes
Canada
Other than the long telephone wait, Koodo reps were surprisingly pleasant and uncaring.
Sep 13, 2016
376 posts
517 upvotes
Mississauga
kellmike626 wrote:
Nov 27th, 2018 6:07 pm
As long as you have the phone in your possession you can call and cancel.
Thanks. I've been on hold with them for over an hour now.
Jan 20, 2012
482 posts
332 upvotes
LONDON
Dinamo2016 wrote:
Nov 27th, 2018 9:05 pm
Thanks. I've been on hold with them for over an hour now.
I waited 4 hours for a call back on Saturday. So your wait time doesn't surprise me.

You could always port your number out to a prepaid sim or something like that, or just do the call back through the digital assistant so you don't have to wait on the phone for hours. You just wait for the phone call. That's what I did when I spoke to them Saturday.
Please do not PM me with requests for assistance, unless I PM you first, or if I give you permission to. That's what the forums are for!
Oct 1, 2003
384 posts
36 upvotes
Vancouver
Been waiting for about 50min now.

What time do they close?
Sep 13, 2016
376 posts
517 upvotes
Mississauga
kellmike626 wrote:
Nov 27th, 2018 9:41 pm
I waited 4 hours for a call back on Saturday. So your wait time doesn't surprise me.

You could always port your number out to a prepaid sim or something like that, or just do the call back through the digital assistant so you don't have to wait on the phone for hours. You just wait for the phone call. That's what I did when I spoke to them Saturday.
Just finished cancelling. The agent was great to deal with though he did make me create an online profile before cancelling.
Oct 1, 2003
384 posts
36 upvotes
Vancouver
doobievibes wrote:
Nov 27th, 2018 9:48 pm
Been waiting for about 50min now.

What time do they close?
Just finished cancelling. Only an hour on hold.
Nov 25, 2015
2 posts
Toronto, ON
I'm in the process to cancel the deal and return the phone to them. Were you guys able to keep the same phone numbers?
And what about the phone you got in the original deal (Galaxy s9 in my case), were you able to return in the same store where you bought?

Thanks,

W.
Jan 10, 2007
177 posts
15 upvotes
Calgary
walterbraga33 wrote:
Nov 28th, 2018 1:20 pm
I'm in the process to cancel the deal and return the phone to them. Were you guys able to keep the same phone numbers?
And what about the phone you got in the original deal (Galaxy s9 in my case), were you able to return in the same store where you bought?

Thanks,

W.
Hey let me know if you want to sell it, i missed out the deal and need a new S9
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6504 posts
2417 upvotes
Canada
Dude .. keep the phone. Don't return it, that's an amazing price
Mar 23, 2005
436 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
Can someone PLEASE confirm that I won't lose my bill credits?

- I ordered two phones directly from Koodo off my medium tab plan. I continue to use my out of province medium tab plan
- They both offered $150 bill credits spread over 6 months ($25/month)

Am I going to lose my bill credits for one of my plans? My concern is because I ordered a second phone, will it make a new contract and wipe out the bill credit for the first phone after I ordered a second phone. I really don't want to contact Koodo about this since I dont want to risk losing my out of province plan. Currently on 9gb for $49 and I dont want to give that up. I'm not a hoarder, I just wanted to get another phone for my family.
Sep 20, 2014
234 posts
21 upvotes
Ontario
Question - I signed up for a $450 tab medium Pixel 3XL on BF... So 1290 - 480 activation credits - 360 tab = 450 upfront. Can anyone confirm that if I cancel/port out all I have to pay is my ~week of service, connection fee and 360 tab balance? They won't claw back the $480?

I'm assuming since i'm not a "frequent flyer" so to speak this wouldn't "ban" me from buying a phone from Koodo in the future, the only negative consequence would be rep not getting commission, which sucks, but...

anyway cheers guys
Apr 27, 2016
103 posts
77 upvotes
Strange thing, but when I called in to cancel with Koodo, I actually really enjoyed their service. I am now going to look at switching from my current supplier to Koodo.
Apr 25, 2008
67 posts
14 upvotes
Just got my first bill, didn't get charged the $35 activation fee from Koodo. Am I lucky, or did anyone else not get charged this fee?