Exploding Power Supplies: Gigabyte & Newegg Dumping Unsellable Product

Gigabyte GP-P750GM & 850 Failures:

8 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2003
1802 posts
296 upvotes
Scarborough
I mean, what do you expect from Newegg Shuffle? Of course they're bundling their unsellable stuff (PSUs or otherwise) with their GPUs. It's not illegal, and they'll keep doing it until people stop buying.
Ever wanted to shoot guns legally? See here: http://forums.redflagdeals.com/ever-wan ... n-1185701/
Public Mobile $10/month plan
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2007
2119 posts
1512 upvotes
tritium4ever wrote: I mean, what do you expect from Newegg Shuffle? Of course they're bundling their unsellable stuff (PSUs or otherwise) with their GPUs. It's not illegal, and they'll keep doing it until people stop buying.
Well, technically it is illegal - it is called false advertising.

Business practices that mislead you or give you false hope for the purpose of encouraging you to buy are illegal. They can include:

- false advertising;
- false information provided by the itinerant salesperson verbally or in writing.

--

In this case the PSUs were ranked higher that they could deliver and clearly did not pass quality controls. Even the parts used were inconsistent,.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
7467 posts
4090 upvotes
Debtario
Not false advertising, defective products are not fit for purpose under the sale of goods act.

Unfortunately, if the manufacturer and retailer don't help you your only option is small claims court. Selling defective products, particularly electronics that may catch fire, is quite risky from a liability standpoint. Only once it burns someone's house down will it get taken seriously
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2007
2119 posts
1512 upvotes
M1K3Z0R wrote: Not false advertising, defective products are not fit for purpose under the sale of goods act.

Unfortunately, if the manufacturer and retailer don't help you your only option is small claims court. Selling defective products, particularly electronics that may catch fire, is quite risky from a liability standpoint. Only once it burns someone's house down will it get taken seriously
Agreed. These products are definitely faulty and a large portion of it. I feel bad for all those people who bought these PSUs with the GPUs and installed it in the same system then poof, both PSU and GPU are dead. Too bad that NewEgg (potentially knowingly) decided to offload them like that rather than shipping it back to Gigabyte.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2001
16223 posts
2885 upvotes
What else would you expect from a piece of shit company like NewEgg?
Automatic down-votes: D-Link, TP-Link, Newegg, Canada Computers, any Chinese-owned cellphone, laptop or IoT device.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24325 posts
31195 upvotes
NewEgg and Gigabyte working together for top tier customer satisfaction.

They're only missing Canada Computers for the trifecta.