• Jul 27th, 2020 7:47 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
3788 posts
2327 upvotes
Woodbridge

Exposed aggregate Driveway ( GTA)

I am looking to get my driveway done. I currently have asphalt driveway but looking to upgrade it to exposed aggregate driveway. What will be a reasonable price range for 500 sq ft?
Any recommendations from past experience?
I also had an issue with my current driveway. I park my heavy truck on same spot and it was stand still for more than a year previously. Slowly this articular spot has developed deep sags under all four tires. My driveway sinks upto 4" every summer.
Will I have the same issues with exposed aggregate driveway? Any tips will be appreciated as this is a complete new area for me. TIA
HVAC Pro-Committed to customer, not brand. Past RFD Reviews
2022 Central Air Conditioner & Furnace Group Buy
2 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2014
1208 posts
2190 upvotes
0 downvotes (Maple,O…
It won't sag but the exposed aggregrate will quickly have a crumbled top as you return home on a daily basis in the winter with a salty truck from the salty winter roads dripping on your driveway. Salt on concrete will cause the finish to crack and pop unless you heavy seal it. Use 2 x 2 mesh or rebar to reinforce. When exposed cracks and crumbles its less noticable than a smooth broom finish. If you want a more elegant look instead of concrete, then lay a concrete slab first then stone or unilock on top. The stones won't move because concrete is under and you shouldn't get weeds as there is no dirt under or in between. It would look nicer, last a very long time but is 2x cost (stone/concrete).

Good luck.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2003
4991 posts
829 upvotes
Calgary
$5000 to $10,000 including removal of asphalt.
I apologize for offending sensitivities of alt right, alt left, or anyone in the middle, for humor or perspectives, for my maturity and occasional errors. I apologize for misunderstandings on gender, religion, politics, race or deals.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)