Home & Garden

Extended labor Warranty - HVAC

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 8th, 2021 10:47 pm

Poll: Extended warranty

• Total votes: 10. You have voted on this poll.
Extended warranty not required

40%
Prices have an inbuilt extended warranty

10%
Optional for reasonable prices

50%

This poll will close on Sep 27th, 2021 9:09 pm.

[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
3019 posts
1361 upvotes
Woodbridge

Extended labor Warranty - HVAC

Folks just wanted to see what RFD'ers feel about extended labor warranty for HVAC equipment. I understand that it depends upon the product and the brand. If you are picking a well-known brand with a long history of reliability, will you prefer an extended labor warranty as long as it's reasonably priced?
Yay or nay ? Please share your thoughts.
Most HVAC equipment comes with 10 years parts warranty from the manufacturer.

P.S: No one can provide free extended warranties for products. It comes out of the buyer's pocket.
Last edited by newlyborn on Sep 8th, 2021 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HVAC Professional. Committed to customer, not brand.
Furnace & Central AC Group Buy 2021
2 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
11811 posts
3471 upvotes
Ontario
i prefer extended warranty simple because the newer HVAC equipment parts are getting more expensive, blower motors can be close to or around $1,000 to replace in a furnace & then you have dual stage AC's which again I'm sure is expensive. While the new technology is nice it comes at a premium price when it fails and it will fail as electronics are made less reliable we see it in every industry not only HVAC.

So for that reason I would rather pay a bit more (within reason) to be fully covered for many years. The last thing you want is a $1,000 bill when you have Mortgage/Car payments to make
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
3019 posts
1361 upvotes
Woodbridge
Thank you for your input. I should have mentioned that I was referring to an extended labor warranty. Parts are covered by the manufacturer anyways for 10 years.

Edited my original post to include "labor extended warranty"
sickcars wrote: i prefer extended warranty simple because the newer HVAC equipment parts are getting more expensive, blower motors can be close to or around $1,000 to replace in a furnace & then you have dual stage AC's which again I'm sure is expensive. While the new technology is nice it comes at a premium price when it fails and it will fail as electronics are made less reliable we see it in every industry not only HVAC.

So for that reason I would rather pay a bit more (within reason) to be fully covered for many years. The last thing you want is a $1,000 bill when you have Mortgage/Car payments to make
HVAC Professional. Committed to customer, not brand.
Furnace & Central AC Group Buy 2021