None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2008
1268 posts
437 upvotes
Toronto

Extension cord for Danby 7.1 cu ft chest freezer

I just bought a chest freezer only to realize the cord is not long enough to reach the outlet. I didnt realize buying extension cords for heavy duty electronics are this complicated. Here is the model number: DCF070A1WDB

What should I look for when buying an extension cord so I dont damage the freezer?
Zoomer for phone + Carrytel for internet + Tangerine bank account + Stack debit card + Great Canadian rebates, ebates, drop and paymi for rebates.
5 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2008
12209 posts
8614 upvotes
Edmonton
Get as heavy an extension cord as you can. Something rated for 15A. And get it as SHORT as you can. Don't go buying a 100' cord just cause you got a great deal on it. If you can get away with a 3' cord, buy that. And then don't plug anything else into the extension cord, no matter how tempting it is.

C
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7747 posts
2706 upvotes
ON
As short as possible, minimum 14ga or better (gauge is in reverse if you're not familiar with it. 18 is very small, 16 is still too small, 14 is what's probably in your outlet already, 12 is thicker still)
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
20048 posts
7396 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Short and low gauge as mentioned. The idea is to reduce energy losses in the wire, under volting motors is not good for them.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburders eat people
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2008
1268 posts
437 upvotes
Toronto
I stuck the cord to the wall with packing tape. Its been 10 mins and its already coming off. Any suggestions on how to make it stay at a specific spot? I googled and found out these exist https://www.amazon.ca/CableWholesale-Ca ... B000I97FHY Can someone tell me how to pick the right size for them. Thanks again for all your help! I would just be walking around in circles without your help!
Zoomer for phone + Carrytel for internet + Tangerine bank account + Stack debit card + Great Canadian rebates, ebates, drop and paymi for rebates.