Computers & Electronics

External HD with Thunderbolt connection.

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 2nd, 2012 11:23 pm
Dec 4, 2009
199 posts
59 upvotes
GVRD

External HD with Thunderbolt connection.

Hi guys~
I just got iMac but I didn't go with bigger HD, instead, thinking to get external HD with Thunderbolt connection for the speed.
I can't really find any thread about this topic..maybe I missed one.
Can anyone provide and share some knowledge about this?
Anybody has experience on it? Is it any good? and any recommendation for the shopping?

Thanks in advance guys~
"NOTHING HAUNTS US LIKE THE THINGS WE DON'T SAY."

-MITCH ALBOM
3 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2007
2712 posts
1058 upvotes
MrMichyo wrote: Hi guys~
I just got iMac but I didn't go with bigger HD, instead, thinking to get external HD with Thunderbolt connection for the speed.
I can't really find any thread about this topic..maybe I missed one.
Can anyone provide and share some knowledge about this?
Anybody has experience on it? Is it any good? and any recommendation for the shopping?

Thanks in advance guys~

The only knowledge I have on it is that it is very pricey right now. It sounds pretty awesome, but there is a big premium on it currently (no surprise there). It will come down as more demand arises as it the standard spreads around the industry.

These looks sweeeeeeeeeeeet: http://www.engadget.com/2012/03/22/laci ... dd-review/
Dec 4, 2009
199 posts
59 upvotes
GVRD
jrees wrote: The only knowledge I have on it is that it is very pricey right now. It sounds pretty awesome, but there is a big premium on it currently (no surprise there). It will come down as more demand arises as it the standard spreads around the industry.

These looks sweeeeeeeeeeeet: http://www.engadget.com/2012/03/22/laci ... dd-review/

wow~ that looks epic.
they said it takes just under a minute to transfer 5GB.. wow~
Maybe I have to wait until it pushes the market more aggressively.
"NOTHING HAUNTS US LIKE THE THINGS WE DON'T SAY."

-MITCH ALBOM
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2007
2712 posts
1058 upvotes
Yeah, looks fantastic. Prices just need to come down for it to be a feasable option for most people.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)