• Apr 22nd, 2021 9:27 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 9, 2020
6 posts
4 upvotes

Extra 15% Cash Back with Tangerine Money-Back Credit Card

Today I received an email from Tangerine that I have been pre-approved for a Tangerine Money-Back Credit Card, and if I accept the offer by December 31, 2020 and spend up to $1,000 on everyday purchases in the first 2 months, I will get an extra 15% back in my account (up to $150) on top of the usual Money-Back Rewards. Plus, pay 0% interest for 6 months with a Balance Transfer Fee of 2.50%. Has anyone else received this offer? To me, this is not as good as the $250 Cash Back Bonus they offered earlier this year.
24 replies
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
14440 posts
12314 upvotes
Going to the Moon
It's meh. Did the 15%/$2k MSR last winter...all Revolut reloads.

It's better than nothing if you plan on getting the Tang world MC as part of your rotation...but most of us can't be bothered.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2016
8302 posts
8901 upvotes
The Prairies
It’s not fantastic considering you’ll still get a credit check most definitely, so you’re better off using it on the Amex or big bank offers.
Just because you’re pre-approved, doesn’t even mean you’ll be approved.
That’s the Tangerine difference.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2018
1318 posts
1081 upvotes
0% interest 2.5% fee for 6 months is 5% APR. crazy high.
Jan 26, 2020
139 posts
48 upvotes
titaniumtux wrote: It's meh. Did the 15%/$2k MSR last winter...all Revolut reloads.

It's better than nothing if you plan on getting the Tang world MC as part of your rotation...but most of us can't be bothered.
Did the same, did you cancel the card or are you still keeping it? Im thinking of cancelling incase they have another promo like that again in the future.
Jan 26, 2020
379 posts
87 upvotes
Canada
KyleDoug wrote: Today I received an email from Tangerine that I have been pre-approved for a Tangerine Money-Back Credit Card, and if I accept the offer by December 31, 2020 and spend up to $1,000 on everyday purchases in the first 2 months, I will get an extra 15% back in my account (up to $150) on top of the usual Money-Back Rewards. Plus, pay 0% interest for 6 months with a Balance Transfer Fee of 2.50%. Has anyone else received this offer? To me, this is not as good as the $250 Cash Back Bonus they offered earlier this year.
Good luck phoning them. Its just an endless loop. Nobody on chat either. The message has repeated about 30 times. What kind of moronic company manages their communications like this? Only in Canada. No option to wait for an agent offered at all. Its like walking into a wall. A solid, immovable wall.
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
14440 posts
12314 upvotes
Going to the Moon
Red2hawk wrote: Did the same, did you cancel the card or are you still keeping it? Im thinking of cancelling incase they have another promo like that again in the future.
I still have it because they gave me a high CL, keeping my utilization low during BT's.

Also waiting to see if the rumour of a Tang WE card materializes. I might cancel in a year or two if nothing picks up, but in the meantime...let it collect dust.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 17, 2007
5928 posts
2114 upvotes
Mort Réal
titaniumtux wrote: It's meh. Did the 15%/$2k MSR last winter...all Revolut reloads.

Considering getting the World MC for the 3 categories as part of my replacement scheme for my soon-to-be cancelled Cap1. Do you know if Tangerine does product switching? (the offer if for the regular cash-ack card, not the World).
I don't have debt but I guess if I get a high CL, I might help out family member who does. 0% is better than any other percent.

When these promos ran in the past, were people able to "accept" the promo through the insights, but actually apply through GCR to get the extra 50$?
I can't afford to buy cheap stuff. Therefore, I'm thirsty for deals on durable goods.
[OP]
Nov 9, 2020
6 posts
4 upvotes
Yeah, I read in another threat about Tangerine cash back MasterCards that lots of people got extra $50 through GCR on top of the promo.
Deal Guru
May 8, 2009
14440 posts
12314 upvotes
Going to the Moon
KyleDoug wrote: Yeah, I read in another threat about Tangerine cash back MasterCards that lots of people got extra $50 through GCR on top of the promo.
Yessir.
May 11, 2016
30 posts
12 upvotes
KyleDoug wrote: Yeah, I read in another threat about Tangerine cash back MasterCards that lots of people got extra $50 through GCR on top of the promo.
I got an identical email and looking for a new credit card as well, did you end up taking this Tangerine offer?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 17, 2007
5928 posts
2114 upvotes
Mort Réal
I did. Got the 50$ CB from GCR (although if I were to do it now I'd use the 100$ promo from a different site) and, I presume I also got the 15% promo (no trace of that anywhere so, waiting for it to actually post).
As previously stated, the offer in my "insights" was for the standard card, but I wanted the World. SO I clicked through the "World" link from GCR and, when I filled out the application on Tang's website, as soon as I entered my income, it popped an optional upgrade to World, which I of course accepted.
I can't afford to buy cheap stuff. Therefore, I'm thirsty for deals on durable goods.
[OP]
Nov 9, 2020
6 posts
4 upvotes
Yeasts wrote: I got an identical email and looking for a new credit card as well, did you end up taking this Tangerine offer?
No, I didn't. However, they sent me the same offer again. I'm not planning to apply for the card unless there is a better offer.
[OP]
Nov 9, 2020
6 posts
4 upvotes
WHO wrote: I did. Got the 50$ CB from GCR (although if I were to do it now I'd use the 100$ promo from a different site) and, I presume I also got the 15% promo (no trace of that anywhere so, waiting for it to actually post).
As previously stated, the offer in my "insights" was for the standard card, but I wanted the World. SO I clicked through the "World" link from GCR and, when I filled out the application on Tang's website, as soon as I entered my income, it popped an optional upgrade to World, which I of course accepted.
Would you like to share which site you would be able to get $100 instead of $50 from GCR?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 17, 2007
5928 posts
2114 upvotes
Mort Réal
Does anyone know how long it takes for Tang to deposit the bonus 150$ ?
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2018
1679 posts
2006 upvotes
Halifax, Nova Scotia
WHO wrote: Does anyone know how long it takes for Tang to deposit the bonus 150$ ?
How long was the intro MSR promo? You should see your cashback within about a month from the end of the promo stated in T&C. Also, intro promo cashback will appear as a CC statement credit even if you have deposit to savings account selected.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 17, 2007
5928 posts
2114 upvotes
Mort Réal
aweawea wrote: How long was the intro MSR promo? You should see your cashback within about a month from the end of the promo stated in T&C. Also, intro promo cashback will appear as a CC statement credit even if you have deposit to savings account selected.
Thanks, it was 2 months so I was expecting it this month but it wasn't there. I'll wait another month.
Contrary to other offers which remain in the "profile and settings" section of the online banking, the CC promo T&Cs are nowhere to be found on my profile and I didn't take a screen shot back in December.
Feb 25, 2015
263 posts
110 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I got the same offer through my insights (150$ back after spending 1000$ in 2 months)
My question:
Is it possible to stack this offer with the $100 gc from that link: https://rates.ca/credit-cards/special-offers. ?

If yes, how to do it? should I select the standard or world MC (if my income permits) from rates.ca offer?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 17, 2007
5928 posts
2114 upvotes
Mort Réal
goal80 wrote: I got the same offer through my insights (150$ back after spending 1000$ in 2 months)
My question:
Is it possible to stack this offer with the $100 gc from that link: https://rates.ca/credit-cards/special-offers. ?

If yes, how to do it? should I select the standard or world MC (if my income permits) from rates.ca offer?
I selected World from GCR even though the Insights offer was for the standard card. While filling out the application, they offered the World so I clicked yes and I got the GCR cashback within like 48 hours. I still haven't received the bonus 15% offered by Tang.

Care to share the T&Cs from the Insights offer?