Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 20, 2003
4048 posts
1514 upvotes

Extra 60% off on sale items

BR’s Boxing Week starts today in-store. New markdowns + extra 50% off sale items.

Update: it’s extra 60% off sale items today. Possibly for today only.
Last edited by suziecute on Dec 24th, 2017 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
30 replies
Nov 16, 2009
300 posts
51 upvotes
Seems like BR is always on sale. Is 25% off + extra 50% off a good deal?

I know we can stack discounted gc and ebates but let's ignore those for now.

Wanna get some good blazers (monogram). Wondering if 62.5% off overall is a good deal. Will outlets offer something much better?
Jul 26, 2017
14 posts
21 upvotes
From what I remember, in stores tomorrow, they usually do 60% sale items (at least based on the last couple years). Assuming it will be the same tomorrow.
Feb 22, 2013
35 posts
9 upvotes
CHARLOTTETOWN
I forsee BR closing. They always have a sale on.

And as much as this sale interests me...they have no stock on items I want.
Mar 9, 2014
923 posts
551 upvotes
Ottawa
jmweb7 wrote: I forsee BR closing. They always have a sale on.

And as much as this sale interests me...they have no stock on items I want.
I always assumed the constant sales were part of their business strategy to price as a premium brand but still appeal to the average person. ON, Gap and BR are all the same product just marketed differently with some overlap but still enough to differentiate between the 3.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
3886 posts
1508 upvotes
bobbyz101 wrote: I always assumed the constant sales were part of their business strategy to price as a premium brand but still appeal to the average person. ON, Gap and BR are all the same product just marketed differently with some overlap but still enough to differentiate between the 3.
Yup, it's what they do. They may close more stores but I doubt they close for good
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2013
1551 posts
1721 upvotes
GTA
Saw a wool coat with hood at the GAP last wk for $110 after 50% off. Now not on gap website but on banana Republic website and the price is $379 minus 50%.

Wow. Exact same jacket too.

/rant.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2011
1134 posts
694 upvotes
Montreal
Now up to 60% off sale items plus 40% off regular priced items.

I picked up a Monogram suit for $270 at over 70% off. Very sad I don't have any gift cards bought at 20% off, would have been an insane deal.

It makes absolutely zero sense to buy from Gap/BR/Old Navy at regular price but it's a better deal than the typical 40% off.

I should also add that I was in store before Xmas and the stock they had in-store was better than the on-line selection so if it's not online it could be in-store.
Feb 22, 2013
35 posts
9 upvotes
CHARLOTTETOWN
There is definitely a lack of stock available...
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2011
1134 posts
694 upvotes
Montreal
TensaZ wrote: Seems like BR is always on sale. Is 25% off + extra 50% off a good deal?

I know we can stack discounted gc and ebates but let's ignore those for now.

Wanna get some good blazers (monogram). Wondering if 62.5% off overall is a good deal. Will outlets offer something much better?
Anything over 50% is a good deal. The typical deal is 40% off with exclusions on BR picks and Monogram. Black Friday it was 50% off with no exclusions. There was another deal recently which was 40% off plus 20% off, which was over 50% in the end, but there were exclusions. The deal right now (esp. at 60% off sale items) is really good because some of the Monogram is already on sale. The suit I just bought was over 70% off and if I had Gift Cards bought at 20% off it would have been a huge discount. Would have been just over 200 for a Monogram suit and the wool should be super 110's or 120's so you can't beat this kind of price regardless of the discount or regular price. However the selection is very very slim at this point. Regarding Outlets, if you research online, you'll find that Gap and BR outlets carry a separate line of clothing so you won't find any of the BR suits at a BR outlet, they'll be completely different suits and it'll be obvious the quality is not the same.
Feb 22, 2013
35 posts
9 upvotes
CHARLOTTETOWN
Not seeing much inventory :(
Feb 25, 2004
509 posts
195 upvotes
I scored a nice summer suit in store today for $100 after tax.
Feb 19, 2017
490 posts
320 upvotes
Used to shop regularly at BR, but have lost interest. For starters it seems like 40% off is pretty much a standard price now. Just show me the real starting price. Also the quality has taken a step back, and when I do have interest in an item it tends to be out of stock. Also the sizing isn't always consistent.
Sep 11, 2006
923 posts
360 upvotes
MoneyHypeMike wrote: Some really good price for that sale, definitely need to pick up a good amount of gift card next time there is a 20% sale.
And never forget your ebates (4% atm) or GCR (5.5% atm)! With all these combined, you are getting a pretty good deal imo.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2011
1134 posts
694 upvotes
Montreal
virtuman1980 wrote: And never forget your ebates (4% atm) or GCR (5.5% atm)! With all these combined, you are getting a pretty good deal imo.
Buying suits without the GC deal kills me, but what can you do... Still a great deal though for quality suits that fit me well.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2005
1806 posts
124 upvotes
Southern ontario
MoneyHypeMike wrote: Some really good price for that sale, definitely need to pick up a good amount of gift card next time there is a 20% sale.
dont stock up on GC unless you consistently use them. Gap, BR, Old navy are in trouble, but dont see them going bankrupt anytime soon.

I scored casual dress pants for $15. originally was $124!
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2005
1108 posts
69 upvotes
Anyone needing some of the GAP/BR/ON gift cards? Stocked up hoping for a decent sale.. unfortunately not seeing anything :(
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2015
4884 posts
2425 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
x95zsk wrote: dont stock up on GC unless you consistently use them. Gap, BR, Old navy are in trouble, but dont see them going bankrupt anytime soon.

I scored casual dress pants for $15. originally was $124!
Yep, I usually stock up before the Christmas season since that is when they have their best sale usually.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2011
1134 posts
694 upvotes
Montreal
joshlock wrote: This is a pretty standard sale that happens probably 10 times a year. The real deals are when they email out coupons that can be stacked on top of these sale prices. They do it just once a year in winter, which already passed. If you missed it, sign up for the email coupons and wait until next winter haha.
I've only been watching for a few months so I dont' know about these email coupons but I definitely wouldn't say it's standard. I got a Monogram suit for 270. That's cheaper than the non-monogram suits. With a GC it would have been 210. I can't imagine it being cheaper than that at any other time since I haven't even seen the monogram on sale in the few months I've been following and it's usually excluded from the regular discount.