• Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2017 10:16 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
8692 posts
1397 upvotes
jmweb7 wrote: I forsee BR closing. They always have a sale on.

And as much as this sale interests me...they have no stock on items I want.
They have sales all the time because a blazer is like 400 bucks lol
TEAM CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Guru
Feb 29, 2008
13405 posts
9314 upvotes
joshlock wrote: This is a pretty standard sale that happens probably 10 times a year. The real deals are when they email out coupons that can be stacked on top of these sale prices. They do it just once a year in winter, which already passed. If you missed it, sign up for the email coupons and wait until next winter haha.
Yea, I've seen better deals throughout the year.
Nov 16, 2009
300 posts
51 upvotes
joshlock wrote: This is a pretty standard sale that happens probably 10 times a year. The real deals are when they email out coupons that can be stacked on top of these sale prices. They do it just once a year in winter, which already passed. If you missed it, sign up for the email coupons and wait until next winter haha.
For the monogram blazers, this sale is 25% + 60% off (= 70% off), does that really happen 10 times a year? BF is 50% off flat, and between BF and BD sales are always 40-50% off.

What is the discount of the email coupons? When the coupons come out, do they have the 70% off at the same time?
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2011
1134 posts
694 upvotes
Montreal
TensaZ wrote:
What is the discount of the email coupons? When the coupons come out, do they have the 70% off at the same time?
Exactly! Saying this BD sale at over 70% off happens 10x a year doesn't make sense on multiple levels, especially for the current Monogram items. The fact that the stock is running low also shows that it's not their regular sale and they're actually clearing them out.

I'm thinking where this supposed super email deal could beat the current deal is with the BR picks, which are normally excluded from the regular sale and don't go on sale, but even then it would have to be during a 50% off no exclusions sales, which I've only seen on BF.
Dec 29, 2005
361 posts
70 upvotes
Victoria
Boxing Day is one of the only times of the year I can afford the clothes at Banana Republic. Walked in to the store and found a couple pairs of regular jeans for $35 each. The fact my size was actually available was also a nice surprise.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2011
1134 posts
694 upvotes
Montreal
So my Monogram suit had an estimated delivery date of Dec. 28 and was out for delivery at 11AM but never made it and went back to the depot. Then it was out for delivery today at 6AM and at 530PM it said it was not going to be delivered due to an emergency situation or extreme weather. Not only am I irked because both days I was at home waiting for it in the afternoon, it seems like it was the end of the day and they use the weather as a cop out to delay the delivery again. So now I'm going to have to wait until next Tuesday. Quite the unpleasant experience...

Edit: forgot to add that the item was shipped by UPS
Last edited by molybdenum on Dec 29th, 2017 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 20, 2003
4048 posts
1514 upvotes
molybdenum wrote: So my Monogram suit had an estimated delivery date of Dec. 28 and was out for delivery at 11AM but never made it and went back to the depot. Then it was out for delivery today at 6AM and at 530PM it said it was not going to be delivered due to an emergency situation or extreme weather. Not only am I irked because both days I was at home waiting for it in the afternoon, it seems like it was the end of the day and they use the weather as a cop out to delay the delivery again. So now I'm going to have to wait until next Tuesday. Quite the unpleasant experience...

Gap & BR use Canada Post and their delivery service is terrible. They kept losing my packages in the past or delivered them to the wrong address. I stop buying from Gap & BR online stores because of Canada Post.
I now prefer to only buy from companies who use UPS and FedEx. I'm tired of dealing with Canada Post.

Even the Canadian government does not trust Canada Post. When I renewed my passport, they mailed my passport to my house via UPS.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2011
1134 posts
694 upvotes
Montreal
suziecute wrote: Gap & BR use Canada Post and their delivery service is terrible. They kept losing my packages in the past or delivered them to the wrong address. I stop buying from Gap & BR online stores because of Canada Post.
I now prefer to only buy from companies who use UPS and FedEx. I'm tired of dealing with Canada Post.

Even the Canadian government does not trust Canada Post. When I renewed my passport, they mailed my passport to my house via UPS.
I'm boycotting UPS and you're boycotting Canada Post. :D I'll just buy in store and avoid this type of negative buying experience.

I'm wondering how they work since it didn't make it the first day, they should have made sure it made it the second day but it's like it was at the back of the line again. Like if you can't get your one job right the first time, at least you should make sure you get it right the 2nd time.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 20, 2003
4048 posts
1514 upvotes
molybdenum wrote: I'm boycotting UPS and you're boycotting Canada Post. :D I'll just buy in store and avoid this type of negative buying experience.

I'm wondering how they work since it didn't make it the first day, they should have made sure it made it the second day but it's like it was at the back of the line again. Like if you can't get your one job right the first time, at least you should make sure you get it right the 2nd time.
I know some people complaint about UPS but I have never had any issue with them so far. Fingers crossed.

Canada Post twice sent my packages back to the retailers saying they can't find my address. I called the retailers & the agents looked up my address on Google Maps & were like "I don't understand why Canada Post can't find your house. I can see it on Google Maps. It's not like you live in the boonies." The agents put in a request for Canada Post to send the packages to me. Canada Post again sent them back to the warehouse saying they can't find my address. Seriously! It's not like I live on Mars!
Mar 9, 2014
923 posts
551 upvotes
Ottawa
My BR order was shipped by UPS
suziecute wrote: Gap & BR use Canada Post and their delivery service is terrible. They kept losing my packages in the past or delivered them to the wrong address. I stop buying from Gap & BR online stores because of Canada Post.

Nov 16, 2009
300 posts
51 upvotes
molybdenum wrote: Exactly! Saying this BD sale at over 70% off happens 10x a year doesn't make sense on multiple levels, especially for the current Monogram items. The fact that the stock is running low also shows that it's not their regular sale and they're actually clearing them out.

I'm thinking where this supposed super email deal could beat the current deal is with the BR picks, which are normally excluded from the regular sale and don't go on sale, but even then it would have to be during a 50% off no exclusions sales, which I've only seen on BF.
I went to the store today and noticed some of the in-store sale prices are lower than the online prices (additional ~6-7% off). You do lose out on the ebates though (4%?).

15-30% off + 60% off + GC 20% off = 73-78% off
A $610 monogram blazer becomes $137.

I have a 15% off welcome code, but the site won't take it. I wonder if the email coupons can stack with these discounts.