Home & Garden

Extra large capacity, column, or twin fridge options?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 16th, 2017 11:06 am
[OP]
Jan 15, 2011
485 posts
273 upvotes
Mississauga

Extra large capacity, column, or twin fridge options?

Does anyone have experience/suggestions on an extra large capacity fridge?
I'm looking right now at the Thermador columns, 2 of the 30" side by side.
But I see that there is Electrolux twin fridge, fridgidaire gallery twin fridges, or I could even get fisher-paykel doubled up, which would give me the ice/water feature on one side?
My walk-in pantry has a full upright freezer, so I'm looking for a good option for my kitchen. I realize if I want the water/ice, I would need a freezer component, but I don't need a lot of storage for it, I'm mainly looking for max capacity in the fridge part.
6 replies
Deal Addict
May 21, 2015
1233 posts
854 upvotes
Sarnia, ON
In our kitchen we have just a Frigidaire All-Fridge and around the corner in the laundry area we have a Frigidaire frost free upright. It would be nice if they could be side by side but that would require re doing the cabinets.. Still in all we like the all fridge and it's no big deal for a few extra steps to go to the freezer. Ice making or water dispenser is not a priority here though it might be for some folks.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2004
2796 posts
429 upvotes
Ontario GTA
petitallegra wrote: Does anyone have experience/suggestions on an extra large capacity fridge?
I'm looking right now at the Thermador columns, 2 of the 30" side by side.
But I see that there is Electrolux twin fridge, fridgidaire gallery twin fridges, or I could even get fisher-paykel doubled up, which would give me the ice/water feature on one side?
My walk-in pantry has a full upright freezer, so I'm looking for a good option for my kitchen. I realize if I want the water/ice, I would need a freezer component, but I don't need a lot of storage for it, I'm mainly looking for max capacity in the fridge part.
Those are very different style fridges.
the thermador are built in fridges and sit flush with your cabinets and are panel ready where the others are not.

i'm sure there is a big price difference as well between your options too.

nevertheless two 30" columm's should provide amble store space.
[OP]
Jan 15, 2011
485 posts
273 upvotes
Mississauga
Yes, I like the look of the flush, but there is a $5000 difference between the Thermador and the fridgidaire, so I'm wondering if that's worth the price difference?
My top choice is the double fisher-paykel, but I don't know the brand very well. Anyone have one of their fridges?
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
3097 posts
472 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
there is frigidaire professional line as well. all in less than $5k delivered with 4 years warranty at lowes when on sale.
signature removed for inappropriate content
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
18559 posts
13356 upvotes
Markham
If you're in the area, consider going to Costco Business location in Scarborough near Warden and Eglinton. They have commercial fridges there for sale and you get Costco warranty. I didn't make any notes of brands or sizes or pricing.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)