Locked: Extreme fear of being judged by coworkers - need help

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 10th, 2021 11:31 pm
[OP]
Feb 1, 2020
220 posts
79 upvotes

Extreme fear of being judged by coworkers - need help

I have extreme social anxiety and I have a lot of fear of being judged by my coworkers. As a result I try not to talk about my self. I am embarassed of telling people that i went to a private school for fear of them judging me as rich. I am embarassed of talking about my family also. I need a lot of help. I am in therapy but its not getting better
7 replies
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2002
12172 posts
646 upvotes
I'm not sure what you're looking for here. It sounds like you're taking the right track in terms of getting therapy, hopefully you'll have a breakthrough there.

Try to remember that EVERYONE is thinking about what others are thinking about them more than they are thinking about others. Which means, for you, that people aren't judging you, worrying about you, or thinking about you for more than a few moments during interactions while at work. If you're in an office, try wearing the same outfit for a month straight and see if anyone even notices.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7173 posts
9145 upvotes
The NORTH
VanillaIce1992 wrote: I have extreme social anxiety and I have a lot of fear of being judged by my coworkers. As a result I try not to talk about my self. I am embarassed of telling people that i went to a private school for fear of them judging me as rich. I am embarassed of talking about my family also. I need a lot of help. I am in therapy but its not getting better
Do you need a blog?
May 31, 2007
516 posts
128 upvotes
Toronto
Op, try CBT and see if that works for you. MindBeacon.io has a free 12wk trial, not sure if it's still on though. Best of luck!
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2008
13006 posts
9961 upvotes
Edmonton
Again with this? You need to find a new counsellor or better meds. Anonymous advice from a coupon clipping website isn’t going to help.

C
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
4462 posts
26416 upvotes
What kind of job are you in?

Most of the time people don’t ask you about your schooling or family unless you get into deep conversation and you don’t really need to disclose the truth.

If you work in a chauvinistic work environment then I can see this possibly happening with a younger crowd of frat boys.

Just continue doing what you are doing or as suggested above and if you feel like you aren’t making progress look for another doctor, maybe look into CAMH, check out the link below.

https://www.camh.ca/en/professionals/tr ... -disorders
__
Want to know the latest Costco Clearance items and prices in Ontario.. check out my thread here.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2017
1068 posts
1183 upvotes
Cmon man, another one of these threads??? :facepalm:

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)