• Last Updated:
  • Feb 7th, 2020 7:50 pm
[OP]
Banned
May 9, 2018
287 posts
114 upvotes

Extreme Way to avoid Child Support

In an Ottawa Superior Court hearing last week, Bruce McConville, 55, told a judge he withdrew about 1 million Canadian dollars -- about $750,000 USD -- in 25 separate withdrawals from six separate bank accounts. He claimed he then burned the cash in two bonfires – $743,000 on Sept. 23 and $296,000 on Dec. 15, Ottawa Citizen reported.

McConville, who ran for mayor of Ottawa in 2018, claimed to have receipts to prove he withdrew the money. He said he did not record the bonfires and no one witnessed him set the cash ablaze.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/canada-bu ... llion-cash
5 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
4585 posts
5087 upvotes
I'm with the judge on this one. This behavior is absurd and can we all agree to disagree when it comes to the children? Their needs come first.
For legal topics and discussions, the opinion, guidance, and thoughts provided are my own and are not considered to be legal advice, in any manner.
[OP]
Banned
May 9, 2018
287 posts
114 upvotes
Indeed....kids need come first and any money received should be used for the kid and not by the receiver for frivolous stuff or in some cases on their new partner.

If people don't want to end up paying child support...then keep it in your pants or stay away from people with kids
angryaudifanatic wrote: I'm with the judge on this one. This behavior is absurd and can we all agree to disagree when it comes to the children? Their needs come first.
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
13454 posts
8835 upvotes
Markham
So basically judge believes the guy hides money somewhere?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2011
7205 posts
9195 upvotes
The NORTH
smartie wrote: So basically judge believes the guy hides money somewhere?
Either that or the moron burned almost a million dollars...
Deal Fanatic
Nov 14, 2003
5873 posts
4419 upvotes
LaLaLand
Liar, liar, pants (not money) on fire!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)