Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
EyeBuyDirect.com

Prescription glasses, BOGO free (frames only) + Free Shipping + 5% Rakuten

• Last Updated:
  • May 13th, 2021 3:06 am
Nov 3, 2010
369 posts
580 upvotes
Niagara Falls

[EyeBuyDirect.com] Prescription glasses, BOGO free (frames only) + Free Shipping + 5% Rakuten

Deal Link:
Price:
BOGOFS
Expiry:
May 31, 2021
Retailer:
EyeBuyDirect.com
More offers from EyeBuyDirect.com
Code : BOGOFS
Edit: Don't forget 5% Rakuten right now as well.

So they usually run these sales a lot, but this one has free shipping, which saves $10 from Canada Post.
Depending on the frame and your prescription, it can be really good.
For example, those with lighter prescriptions can choose 1.5 Index lenses which are around $10 on here, and as long as the frame you choose accepts the thicker lens size, you will only pay $10 + $10 for each lens set, and the cost of the first frame.

https://ca.eyebuydirect.com/eyeglasses/ ... al-m-17625

"Lotus" is a pair I had from my previous purchase.
$36 and accepts 1.5 index lenses, making the total cost for 2 pairs shipped to your door 36+10+10 = $56 + tax
10 replies
Jan 4, 2019
90 posts
163 upvotes
T3h 2l4
Looks like I can't buy frames only, they force lenses on me.
I don't get it.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
2456 posts
2953 upvotes
Toronto, ON
OP has an avatar of Reboot

I blindly trust in his judgement now, no questions asked
Nov 3, 2010
369 posts
580 upvotes
Niagara Falls
twoloop wrote: Looks like I can't buy frames only, they force lenses on me.
I don't get it.
https://ca.eyebuydirect.com/faq

"Want to get some glasses and don't require a prescription? Choose "Non-prescription" lenses while in the "Usage" section of our lens selection process.

You should also select this option if you plan on taking your frame to an optician and have your lenses fitted by them since EYEBUYDIRECT does not offer frames without lenses.

You can remove your lenses at home once your order has arrived."

Never tried it, but says that in the FAQ.
Jan 4, 2019
90 posts
163 upvotes
T3h 2l4
thatsnasty wrote: https://ca.eyebuydirect.com/faq

"Want to get some glasses and don't require a prescription? Choose "Non-prescription" lenses while in the "Usage" section of our lens selection process.

You should also select this option if you plan on taking your frame to an optician and have your lenses fitted by them since EYEBUYDIRECT does not offer frames without lenses.

You can remove your lenses at home once your order has arrived."

Never tried it, but says that in the FAQ.
Right, but they charge extra money for the lenses that I will throw away!
Dec 15, 2018
40 posts
37 upvotes
Thanks, good deal. I bought EBD before, good stuff.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2006
1568 posts
2866 upvotes
blackston3 wrote: OP has an avatar of Reboot

I blindly trust in his judgement now, no questions asked
Guardian 452. I'm buying too!
Feb 4, 2015
670 posts
2467 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Not going to downvote, but EyeBuyDirect is owned by Luxottica - if you haven't heard of them they are basically the biggest monopolistic crap company out there. Lots of youtube videos on how they basically extort other companies and put others out of business etc. if you buy from this site just realize you are supporting this.

Don't really see why this is such a hot deal either.. for instance check out Zenni ( https://ca.zennioptical.com/ ). You get free 1.57 index lens (ie, better than the ones listed here) and frames start from $10. Shipping is $10 so if you bought 2 pairs with no extras its $30. If you add anti-reflect to match EyeBuyDirect it's +$14 or $44. May cost more depending on the frame you like, but this is just their everyday pricing.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2006
1568 posts
2866 upvotes
Verdic wrote: Not going to downvote, but EyeBuyDirect is owned by Luxottica - if you haven't heard of them they are basically the biggest monopolistic crap company out there. Lots of youtube videos on how they basically extort other companies and put others out of business etc. if you buy from this site just realize you are supporting this.

Don't really see why this is such a hot deal either.. for instance check out Zenni ( https://ca.zennioptical.com/ ). You get free 1.57 index lens (ie, better than the ones listed here) and frames start from $10. Shipping is $10 so if you bought 2 pairs with no extras its $30. If you add anti-reflect to match EyeBuyDirect it's +$14 or $44. May cost more depending on the frame you like, but this is just their everyday pricing.
I get this cringey feeling whenever I hear Essilor/Luxottica. I try to tell people it's a mega monopoly, and even the independent shops are forced to buy from them. I actually really liked watching Adam Ruins Everything, but feel that their shock value can't keep up with enough topics.

However, for my needs- I managed to get 2x prescription sunglasses (who even steals prescription sunglasses) for a decent price.
Nov 3, 2010
369 posts
580 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Verdic wrote: Not going to downvote, but EyeBuyDirect is owned by Luxottica - if you haven't heard of them they are basically the biggest monopolistic crap company out there. Lots of youtube videos on how they basically extort other companies and put others out of business etc. if you buy from this site just realize you are supporting this.

Understand where you're coming from, but ultimately I just buy whatever I like best, and sometimes it lands on eyebuydirect.
I wasn't huge on Zenni's frame selection, but otherwise, it's pretty similar, agreed.
I also bought the Kits.ca free pair as well, with no coating or upgraded lenses for the $10 (just pay shipping) deal, which is still going on.

Updated:
Also it's 15% off and BOGO now as well. Pretty hard to beat 2 completed pairs for like $80 though, but ultimately finding frames you like is more important than the few dollar differences between them.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)