F1 (2020/21/22) 2023 Season

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 28th, 2023 10:19 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2017
1194 posts
1081 upvotes
This will instantly bump up Friday attendance and revenues. Fridays at most gps are sparsely artended.

Bet the sprint race tomorrow will be interesting likely exciting too..
Deal Fanatic
Aug 17, 2008
8924 posts
10046 upvotes
I don't watch the qualifying, but the Sprint race had me tune in. It was entertaining to watch. Perez's luck a shade higher than Bottas'.
Images
  • F1 Silverstone 17July21 Sprint Results.JPG
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2014
1101 posts
802 upvotes
Ottawa
MrMom wrote: I don't watch the qualifying, but the Sprint race had me tune in. It was entertaining to watch. Perez's luck a shade higher than Bottas'.
It was fun to watch the race.. I mean sprint.. but they could do it in half as many laps to put the pressure on them.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2017
1194 posts
1081 upvotes
MrMom wrote: I don't watch the qualifying, but the Sprint race had me tune in. It was entertaining to watch. Perez's luck a shade higher than Bottas'.
F1 quali is often the most exciting part of the weekend tbh
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
3881 posts
6225 upvotes
After watching the Sprint Qualifying, it was pretty neat to see, but I found it gimmicky overall.

I'd rather they stick with how things are and keep one real race.

It basically made regular qualifying seem useless, and found a way to give even more points out for a non-race.

You even had free reign for tire choice beforehand (and by extension, for Sunday's race). It was obvious the Merc plan was to sacrifice Bottas, sprint past Verstappen at the start using the soft compound, then be a wall to slow him down. Even if Verstappen were to eventually pass him again when Bottas' tires aged, it would ensure Hamilton had the real pole + bonus points. Verstappen was just on another level though.

It just seemed so artificial and convoluted for no reason at all.
Dec 31, 2017
83 posts
71 upvotes
Too bad with George Russell getting penalized 3 places for tomorrow's start. Due to the contact with Sainz on the 1st lap. Although Perez definitely came out the worst.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
15264 posts
6327 upvotes
RFD
Driver of the sprint race = Alonso

Loser of the sprint race = Perez
Sep 29, 2010
642 posts
1381 upvotes
well wherever hamilton places today... count that a victory for mercedes....
would of liked to have seen verr race more than a lap today...
Jul 4, 2021
376 posts
197 upvotes
GTA
well, if this ends up with max being hurt (physically, not ego wise LOL) - this is going to be controversial... if not, then I’m curious how the stewards decide this "Case"....
Deal Fanatic
Aug 17, 2008
8924 posts
10046 upvotes
Shades of Schumacher? Nah, Hamilton isn't Schumacher. At least Hamilton didn't move left. Will be controversial for sure.
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2011
3080 posts
2661 upvotes
Toronto
Lewis will be deducted points after the race to make sure this doesnt happen again for safety purposes.
Up votes, down votes, they're all votes for me! I thank you!
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2001
4601 posts
738 upvotes
Toronto
some1not wrote: Lewis will be deducted points after the race to make sure this doesnt happen again for safety purposes.
ROFLMAO, so max was being safe.
You can give a person knowledge, but you can't make them think. Some people want to remain fools because the truth requires change.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2005
4292 posts
1894 upvotes
Toronto
Literally on the edge of my seat watching this race!!
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2001
4601 posts
738 upvotes
Toronto
Hammer laid it down.
You can give a person knowledge, but you can't make them think. Some people want to remain fools because the truth requires change.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2005
4292 posts
1894 upvotes
Toronto
GET IN THERE LOOOOOOOOOOOIS!!!
Dec 31, 2017
83 posts
71 upvotes
That was a fun race to watch, some controversy, but it was racing
Deal Fanatic
Aug 17, 2008
8924 posts
10046 upvotes
I feel bad for Leclerc who made the most of the collision and he might have won were it not for his engine issues. Ferrari and McLaren are inching closer to Mercedes. Alonso has impressed me.

All the talk of Russell on Friday was wasted, as he put his weekend into reverse.
Images
  • Silverstone.JPG
May 29, 2008
622 posts
1047 upvotes
Halifax, NS
some1not wrote: Lewis will be deducted points after the race to make sure this doesnt happen again for safety purposes.
Highly doubt it. Consensus among former world champions and a team principle was that it was a racing incident. Max always drives with his elbows out, you win some and you lose some.
Jul 7, 2020
374 posts
195 upvotes
If you want to beat Schumacher, you have to race and cheat like Schumacher. And people wonder why Hamilton is hated so much.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2013
1646 posts
1462 upvotes
St Catharines
Frugal_in_Halifax wrote: Highly doubt it. Consensus among former world champions and a team principle was that it was a racing incident. Max always drives with his elbows out, you win some and you lose some.
This sums it up perfectly.

It'll get argued for years but at the end of the day, the bolded part is just how it goes.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)