• Feb 7th, 2023 2:31 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
9192 posts
3236 upvotes
Toronto
Pete_Coach wrote: Or, most likely, not allowed to beat him. There were many races where you could see the frustration in his eyes and actions post race.
Something like with Mercedes??
Definitely not allowed to beat him. Anybody remember the Austrian GP of 2002?
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36455 posts
10770 upvotes
Ottawa
Jimbobs wrote: Definitely not allowed to beat him. Anybody remember the Austrian GP of 2002?
I do, I remember it well. It was not the first or last time. That race also led to F1 supposedly banning teams form openly doing that, so it went underground by using code words for it :).
My point was that Mercedes is still doing this for Hamilton.
Mar 1, 2020
844 posts
237 upvotes
GTA West
On barichello, I think there was even news article in brazil calling him the true winner? And I think he won a race where the was a streaker that went on course? Lol... Am I that old??? (At least I remember). The only one race that i truly remember had such "action" was the 6? Car race which I slept through
(Literally). I dunno why I even bothered then. Back to barichello, I always found him a bit like Mark Webber as sidekick and/or valtierri (again, as sidekick).
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
9192 posts
3236 upvotes
Toronto
LPGA2020 wrote: On barichello, I think there was even news article in brazil calling him the true winner? And I think he won a race where the was a streaker that went on course? Lol... Am I that old??? (At least I remember). The only one race that i truly remember had such "action" was the 6? Car race which I slept through
(Literally). I dunno why I even bothered then. Back to barichello, I always found him a bit like Mark Webber as sidekick and/or valtierri (again, as sidekick).
Ha ha. The race was the 2003 British Grand Prix and it wasn't a streaker: it was Cornelius Horan wearing a kilt. He was protesting about the authorities refusing to warn people about the forthcoming end of the world. Also, something about the Vatican and the secrets of Fatima, IIRC.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
9192 posts
3236 upvotes
Toronto
Sainz at Ferrari:

"Many will say he’s (Sainz) signed as a number two driver, a wingman for Leclerc. This is not the case. Sainz will have equal opportunity. A driver for Ferrari races for the team, first and foremost. Could that mean the team asking Sainz to move over for Leclerc? Yes. But equally it could cut both ways, depending on the situation.

Sure, he’s entering Leclerc’s house, there will be pressure like no other and it is bound to take him time to adjust to his new surroundings. But many would agree we’ve seen enough to suggest he will be able to sternly challenge the Monegasque. Crucially it is a multi-year deal, offering the stability that has allowed Sainz to flourish at McLaren.

The perfect scenario for Ferrari is two drivers capable of winning, offering them stability in the medium to long-term. ..."

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... P00ES.html

And, about Vettel:

"Ferrari never went as far as offering Sebastian Vettel a new contract for 2021, having made its decision about his future during the off-season, The Race has learned.

Furthermore, it has also emerged that the terms of Carlos Sainz Jr’s deal with Ferrari were agreed during the winter, well in advance of what was set to be the first 2020 Formula 1 race, in Melbourne.

Our sources indicate there was no offer made to Vettel because Ferrari boss Mattia Binotto had already made up his mind about Vettel after a 2019 season that featured several points of conflict in the Vettel/Charles Leclerc combination – most infamously in Brazil where the pair made contact, leading to the retirement of both cars.

Vettel is contracted until the end of 2020 but there was never any discussion about him staying beyond the duration of that contract."

https://the-race.com/formula-1/ferrari- ... -contract/
Mar 1, 2020
844 posts
237 upvotes
GTA West
Jimbobs wrote: Ha ha. The race was the 2003 British Grand Prix and it wasn't a streaker: it was Cornelius Horan wearing a kilt. He was protesting about the authorities refusing to warn people about the forthcoming end of the world. Also, something about the Vatican and the secrets of Fatima, IIRC.
LOL... Yes... I didn't know about the details, I certainly remember him waving some multi bright colored flag and Rubenswinning that race.... I dunno why i found the past races more entertaining, maybe bec I have to wake up at 7am here vs when I was in Asia watching them at 8pm Sunday night LOL.... I'm
Old but I still have a hard time waking up at 7 LOL....worst is waking up early and see rain on the track, red flag, etc
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2006
5746 posts
1452 upvotes
Jimbobs wrote: And, about Vettel:

"Ferrari never went as far as offering Sebastian Vettel a new contract for 2021, having made its decision about his future during the off-season, The Race has learned.

Furthermore, it has also emerged that the terms of Carlos Sainz Jr’s deal with Ferrari were agreed during the winter, well in advance of what was set to be the first 2020 Formula 1 race, in Melbourne.

Our sources indicate there was no offer made to Vettel because Ferrari boss Mattia Binotto had already made up his mind about Vettel after a 2019 season that featured several points of conflict in the Vettel/Charles Leclerc combination – most infamously in Brazil where the pair made contact, leading to the retirement of both cars.

Vettel is contracted until the end of 2020 but there was never any discussion about him staying beyond the duration of that contract."

https://the-race.com/formula-1/ferrari- ... -contract/
Damn, so basically it was a 1-sided decision, sucks for Vettel then.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
9192 posts
3236 upvotes
Toronto
TruE SkiLLS wrote: Damn, so basically it was a 1-sided decision, sucks for Vettel then.
Seems that way, doesn't it? Guess we'll have to wait until Vettel decides to tell his side of the story.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
9192 posts
3236 upvotes
Toronto
The Honda Indy Toronto will not be held on the originally scheduled date of July 10-12, 2020 at Exhibition Place in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.

“In anticipation of the municipal guidelines announced today for holding events, preparations and discussions have been ongoing with the City of Toronto, Exhibition Place, Honda Canada and IndyCar to explore alternate date options for 2020."
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
9192 posts
3236 upvotes
Toronto
Latest calendar:

Jul 5: Austria
Jul 12: Austria
July 19: Free weekend
Jul 26: Britain or Germany
Aug 2: Britain or Germany
Aug 9: Hungary
Aug 16: Free weekend
Aug 23: Spain
Aug 30: Belgium
Sep 6: Italy
Sep 13: Free weekend
Sep 20: Azerbaijan
Sep 27: Russia
Oct 4: China
Oct 11: Japan
Oct 18: Free weekend
Oct 25: USA
Nov 1: Mexico
Nov 8: Brazil
Nov 15: Free weekend
Nov 22: Vietnam
Nov 29: Free weekend/Bahrain
Dec 6: Bahrain
Dec 13: Abu Dhabi
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
9192 posts
3236 upvotes
Toronto
Great story here on the disfunctionality at Ferrari.

https://the-race.com/formula-1/why-ferr ... end-badly/

"Last week’s announcement of the forthcoming end to the Ferrari-Sebastian Vettel partnership rings a few historical bells. Talismanic lead drivers, who have previously been the embodiment of Ferrari’s hopes, rarely depart from the Scuderia on uncontroversial terms. Regardless of who is in charge, the pressure created by any Ferrari underperformance seems to put such relationships under unbearable strains. The end of a beautiful friendship seems to be the common motif. It can be read as one long narrative. The people change, the precise circumstances differ, but themes repeat. ..."
Mar 1, 2020
844 posts
237 upvotes
GTA West
Jimbobs wrote: Great story here on the disfunctionality at Ferrari.

https://the-race.com/formula-1/why-ferr ... end-badly/

"Last week’s announcement of the forthcoming end to the Ferrari-Sebastian Vettel partnership rings a few historical bells. Talismanic lead drivers, who have previously been the embodiment of Ferrari’s hopes, rarely depart from the Scuderia on uncontroversial terms. Regardless of who is in charge, the pressure created by any Ferrari underperformance seems to put such relationships under unbearable strains. The end of a beautiful friendship seems to be the common motif. It can be read as one long narrative. The people change, the precise circumstances differ, but themes repeat. ..."
As they say, win=no problem, lose=find easy scapegoat... I don't know if it's just Ferrari but things seem to be more "dramatic" within this group... Italian "passion" maybe??? (Was never a fiat fan :P)
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
9192 posts
3236 upvotes
Toronto
LPGA2020 wrote: As they say, win=no problem, lose=find easy scapegoat... I don't know if it's just Ferrari but things seem to be more "dramatic" within this group... Italian "passion" maybe??? (Was never a fiat fan :P)
Heaven in Europe is where:
the English are the policemen
the French are the cooks
the German are the mechanics
the Italians are the lovers
and the Swiss organize everything

Hell in Europe is where:
the German are the policemen
the English are the cooks
the French are the mechanics
the Swiss are the lovers
and the Italians organize everything
Mar 1, 2020
844 posts
237 upvotes
GTA West
Jimbobs wrote: Heaven in Europe is where:
the English are the policemen
the French are the cooks
the German are the mechanics
the Italians are the lovers
and the Swiss organize everything

Hell in Europe is where:
the German are the policemen
the English are the cooks
the French are the mechanics
the Swiss are the lovers
and the Italians organize everything
LOL.... Let's see if Lewis cooks well and Leclerc can fix his fiat500 :P
Deal Guru
Jan 31, 2007
12768 posts
445 upvotes
Toronto
you guys seen this?

One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36455 posts
10770 upvotes
Ottawa
Aznkid2000 wrote: you guys seen this?

"Video unavailable
This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by a third party."
Deal Guru
Jan 31, 2007
12768 posts
445 upvotes
Toronto
Pete_Coach wrote: "Video unavailable
This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by a third party."
One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36455 posts
10770 upvotes
Ottawa
Aznkid2000 wrote:
Well, that was a total waste of 1:30 of my life....I could not bear to go on with the remainder. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes :facepalm:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
9192 posts
3236 upvotes
Toronto
FIA OFFICIALLY APPROVES MAJOR F1 RULES OVERHAUL

"The FIA World Motor Sport Council has ratified Formula 1’s new regulations, including the reduced $145m cost cap for 2021, limitations to power unit upgrades and a sliding scale for aerodynamic testing. ..."

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)