F1 (2020/21/22) 2023 Season

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 28th, 2023 10:19 am
Tags:
Jun 30, 2009
757 posts
222 upvotes
Vancouver
mxthor3 wrote: This wasn't a bill for Lewis. It's been circulating the internet for a few days. No one knows who the bill belongs to.
Yeah, there are other pictures of this particular bill around. It's covered by the caption but it says 14 guests. The drivers ate at Hakkasan, which Albon confirmed in an interview. So this bill isn't from that night.
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36455 posts
10770 upvotes
Ottawa
jmason86 wrote: What I had heard was more about Lewis was given the tasks and run-plans to help figure out the 2022 car while they had mostly given George the conservative setups and that's why George was outperforming at the start of the season. Now that they understand the car more then George and Lewis have been driving more equal cars and we've seen Lewis have some more competitive races. That's a theory that I've heard and it makes some sense to me.

I had at first thought George had been able to adjust to the new regs easier than Lewis and maybe Lewis was still smarting from result of 2021 but the above theory also seemed logical to me. But the main thing that I have taken away from this year though is that George is much closer to Lewis than I'd have thought.
I think that sentiment can be said for any of the team mates and their cars.
While Verstappen won the WDC, Perez had a car and the talent to win as well (the caveat here is I think team orders were clear and one team mate abided by them).
Same goes for the Ferrari team mates.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2005
4291 posts
1894 upvotes
Toronto
dchimera wrote: Yeah, there are other pictures of this particular bill around. It's covered by the caption but it says 14 guests. The drivers ate at Hakkasan, which Albon confirmed in an interview. So this bill isn't from that night.
Well shit....

Can't trust everything you see on the internet, eh?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
9461 posts
11235 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
The amount they denied Binotto was going anywhere, told us Binotto was leaving.

Personally I didn’t mind the previous head, the Marlboro Man… Mauruzio Arrivabene. Binotto didn’t seem like a bad guy, but perhaps not suited to the pressures of running a team.

Hopefully they are more competitive next year.
Dec 4, 2009
666 posts
653 upvotes
I like the term - “He Got Quit.”

Arrivabene was the best guy to lead Ferrari since Todt, they should call him up. Maybe Kimi comes back too!
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
16995 posts
12395 upvotes
Toronto
Todd96srv wrote: I like the term - “He Got Quit.”

Arrivabene was the best guy to lead Ferrari since Todt, they should call him up. Maybe Kimi comes back too!
Coincidentally, Maurizio may now be available after resigning from Juventus:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/28/football ... index.html

Another article said he's staying as CEO though until Jan 18th.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... d-28606193

The timeline for a a return to Ferrari would work but he may be too toxic right now.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2006
9177 posts
3220 upvotes
Toronto
cartfan123 wrote: The amount they denied Binotto was going anywhere, told us Binotto was leaving.

Personally I didn’t mind the previous head, the Marlboro Man… Mauruzio Arrivabene. Binotto didn’t seem like a bad guy, but perhaps not suited to the pressures of running a team.

Hopefully they are more competitive next year.
I liked Arrivabene as well and felt they should have kept him another year. However, Arrivabene was in the team principal role for 5 years with limited success. Binotto was his CTO for 2 years before being promoted to Team Principal. He's only been in that role for 3 years. I wonder if the decision to part ways had anything to do with his public spat with Charles Leclerc.
Deal Expert
Oct 5, 2008
16995 posts
12395 upvotes
Toronto
Jimbobs wrote: I liked Arrivabene as well and felt they should have kept him another year. However, Arrivabene was in the team principal role for 5 years with limited success. Binotto was his CTO for 2 years before being promoted to Team Principal. He's only been in that role for 3 years. I wonder if the decision to part ways had anything to do with his public spat with Charles Leclerc.
I think it's exactly that.

Leclerc is a free agent in 2024 and Mercedes could have an open seat.

Rumours are that Vasseur will be the next Ferrari Team Principal and he has history with Leclerc
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2008
1134 posts
324 upvotes
Toronto
Guenther is going to be sad if it's true.
Swerny wrote: Rumours are that Vasseur will be the next Ferrari Team Principal and he has history with Leclerc
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2005
4291 posts
1894 upvotes
Toronto
rumors of Seb returning to be Team Principal at Ferrari
Dec 4, 2009
666 posts
653 upvotes
Repooc wrote: rumors of Seb returning to be Team Principal at Ferrari
LOL. Heavy Silly Season. Seb spent enough time losing in Maranello, why go back for more punishment? No chance this happens.

Broad shoulders and good history with Ferrari will be necessary to get this team out of the ditch.

Vasseur, Brawn or Arrivabene seem to be the short list. Maybe all 3!
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2013
1646 posts
1462 upvotes
St Catharines
Caerus wrote: Ross Brawn retires from F1 Management after 46 years in the sport. Also confirms he will not take Ferrrari role.

https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-news/97038/ross-brawn-f1-retirement/

IMO this is bigger news than Binotto quitting. Brawn is an F1 legend, he's been involved with so many championships, and has had success at many different levels, as technical director, team principal, team owner, and arguably, as F1 director. He masterminded Mercedes' return to F1 as a constructor, and started them on a path to 8 straight constructor's championships. He led Benetton and Ferrari during the Schumacher dynasty, and Brawn GP during their one and only fairy tale season. I will miss him!
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
3881 posts
6224 upvotes
2kfire wrote: IMO this is bigger news than Binotto quitting. Brawn is an F1 legend, he's been involved with so many championships, and has had success at many different levels, as technical director, team principal, team owner, and arguably, as F1 director. He masterminded Mercedes' return to F1 as a constructor, and started them on a path to 8 straight constructor's championships. He led Benetton and Ferrari during the Schumacher dynasty, and Brawn GP during their one and only fairy tale season. I will miss him!
Absolutely, Brawn is a legend. He's done so much for the sport.

He is one of the people that you can say if he was not in F1, the sport would be completely different. It will be the same when Newey eventually retires as well.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2005
4291 posts
1894 upvotes
Toronto
Caerus wrote: Absolutely, Brawn is a legend. He's done so much for the sport.

He is one of the people that you can say if he was not in F1, the sport would be completely different. It will be the same when Newey eventually retires as well.
Same could be said about Bernie as well... LOL
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
9461 posts
11235 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
What’s peoples thoughts these days on the F1TV Pro subscription? Is it worth it? I’m mainly looking at it for commercial free and ability to switch commentating teams.

- working well on all platforms? Roku, Apple TV. Android TV, website etc?
- streaming quality?
- ability to start race at the beginning when it’s mid race (so not spoiling the race)?

Did anyone get the subscription and decide not to renew?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
9461 posts
11235 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
MrMom wrote: No surprise

Corrected for truth

“difficulties presented by the government situation”

But I guess F1 wants to leave the door open to return in 2030 or whenever….

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)