F150 - CrewCab 4x4 XLT 300a - 2yr Lease - 0 Down - $299/month + tax

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 1st, 2019 6:50 pm
[OP]
Aug 22, 2007
681 posts
509 upvotes

F150 - CrewCab 4x4 XLT 300a - 2yr Lease - 0 Down - $299/month + tax

I'm looking for a truck (shopping between GMC and Ford mainly) - found this deal @ Barrie Ford and asked my local (Durham area) dealerships to match it and they agreed. Wondering what people's opinion on this deal is? I have 0 plans on keeping the truck at the end of the lease and really am just looking for a short term pickup so I can move a few things around easily from time to time. Tried looking into a lease takeover, but it's becoming a nuisance dealing with the dealerships + HQs and finding a decent deal that doesn't require me to drive 2 hours outside of the GTA.

24 Month $299.00 + HST
0$ Down
2019 Ford F-150 XLT CrewCab 4x4
16000 km per yr

Price shown includes deductions for currently applicable charges for freight, AC Tax, Green Levy (if applicable), additional options and accessories, fuel fill charge, dealer PDI, and administration fees; but excludes charges for licensing (where necessary), PPSA (if financing or leasing), and all applicable sales taxes. Offer expires 6/30/19.

Anyone think this is a decent deal?

Link in case someone wants to have their local Ford Match the same offer:

http://www.barrieford.com/new-lease-and ... tario.html

FYI I emailed Fraser Ford and asked about the 301a package and they said it would be $315/month and the same terms as above. I'm leaning towards the 301a, but will see what kind of deal is available for the 302a as well.
Last edited by h41t3r on Jun 13th, 2019 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
31 replies
May 13, 2010
123 posts
54 upvotes
It's a decent price for a very bare bones truck. Personally, I've always found the sweet spot in the F150 lineup to be the XLT with the 302a package, but if you're good with zero bells and whistles, and are essentially just looking for a work truck, then go for it.
[OP]
Aug 22, 2007
681 posts
509 upvotes
rheimy wrote: It's a decent price for a very bare bones truck. Personally, I've always found the sweet spot in the F150 lineup to be the XLT with the 302a package, but if you're good with zero bells and whistles, and are essentially just looking for a work truck, then go for it.
Thanks for the reply, just looking to make sure cost is in and around the norm and/or better.

It's use will be mainly for house work (hauling dirt, stones, etc) as I'm doing some landscaping in my backyard and the cost for delivery of such things are adding up. I was considering the Ridgeline, but it's too similar to the current Pilot I'm driving and doesn't have that same 'truck' feeling that a Ford or GMC brings.

I will be pushing for the 302a as long as it doesn't add too much to the overall price, $15 extra per month for the 301a, I'm guessing 302a will be an additional $15 which would bring it to ~ $330/month + tax. My guess is based on the cost difference between the 301a and 302a when adding it as an option.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
4351 posts
1294 upvotes
For reference:

The 301A Equipment Group includes all 300A content plus the following features:
• Dual Power Glass/Manual-Folding Heated Mirrors with Integrated Turn Signal and Black Skull Caps
• BoxLink™ Cargo Management System with Locking Cleats
• Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
• Power-Adjustable Pedals (not available with Regular Cab)
• Rear Underseat Storage (not available with Regular Cab)
• Rear-window with Fixed Privacy Glass and Defrost
• 8-way Power Driver Seat, Power Lumbar Driver/Manual Passenger
• 4.2” Driver configurable LCD Productivity screen in Instrument panel
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
4351 posts
1294 upvotes
h41t3r wrote: Thanks for the reply, just looking to make sure cost is in and around the norm and/or better.

It's use will be mainly for house work (hauling dirt, stones, etc) as I'm doing some landscaping in my backyard and the cost for delivery of such things are adding up. I was considering the Ridgeline, but it's too similar to the current Pilot I'm driving and doesn't have that same 'truck' feeling that a Ford or GMC brings.

I will be pushing for the 302a as long as it doesn't add too much to the overall price, $15 extra per month for the 301a, I'm guessing 302a will be an additional $15 which would bring it to ~ $330/month + tax. My guess is based on the cost difference between the 301a and 302a when adding it as an option.
Are you sure that's not bi-weekly?

The 302A should add ~$20/month, just based on the price difference.
[OP]
Aug 22, 2007
681 posts
509 upvotes
jcon wrote: Are you sure that's not bi-weekly?

The 302A should add ~$20/month, just based on the price difference.
Yep, monthly payments. Was a bit of a surprise to me as well. I did reach out to Barrie to confirm and then did the same to Fraser Ford in Oshawa to ensure they could match it.
[OP]
Aug 22, 2007
681 posts
509 upvotes
jcon wrote: For reference:

The 301A Equipment Group includes all 300A content plus the following features:
• Dual Power Glass/Manual-Folding Heated Mirrors with Integrated Turn Signal and Black Skull Caps
• BoxLink™ Cargo Management System with Locking Cleats
• Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel
• Power-Adjustable Pedals (not available with Regular Cab)
• Rear Underseat Storage (not available with Regular Cab)
• Rear-window with Fixed Privacy Glass and Defrost
• 8-way Power Driver Seat, Power Lumbar Driver/Manual Passenger
• 4.2” Driver configurable LCD Productivity screen in Instrument panel

Thanks. 301A at a minimum sounds like a decent deal even if I can't get a decent deal on the 302A (fingers crossed)
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
4351 posts
1294 upvotes
h41t3r wrote: Yep, monthly payments. Was a bit of a surprise to me as well. I did reach out to Barrie to confirm and then did the same to Fraser Ford in Oshawa to ensure they could match it.
That's less than half the cost if you price it out on the Ford.ca website. That's quite the deal.

For example, built a Ford XLT Crew Cab 4x4 with the 300A package. Lease, 16,000kms/year. It shows $731/month for 24 months. Bare, bare bones.
[OP]
Aug 22, 2007
681 posts
509 upvotes
jcon wrote: That's less than half the cost if you price it out on the Ford.ca website. That's quite the deal.

For example, built a Ford XLT Crew Cab 4x4 with the 300A package. Lease, 16,000kms/year. It shows $731/month for 24 months. Bare, bare bones.
Yea, that explains the buyout @ $33,000 :)
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
32028 posts
17916 upvotes
Ottawa
jcon wrote: That's less than half the cost if you price it out on the Ford.ca website. That's quite the deal.

No one pays MSRP...especially for domestics such as Ford.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
4351 posts
1294 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: No one pays MSRP...especially for domestics such as Ford.
The $731 includes the current incentives, so not MSRP.

This is a hot deal, OP. Let us know how it works out.
[OP]
Aug 22, 2007
681 posts
509 upvotes
jcon wrote: The $731 includes the current incentives, so not MSRP.

Will do, will be walking into Ford today after work.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
32028 posts
17916 upvotes
Ottawa
jcon wrote: The $731 includes the current incentives, so not MSRP.

Volume dealers such as Barrie Ford will always get you the better deal than what is priced on Ford.ca
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
4351 posts
1294 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: Volume dealers such as Barrie Ford will always get you the better deal than what is priced on Ford.ca
Agreed. But $299/month is less than half off the current offer.

I wonder if I can find a similar deal out West?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
32028 posts
17916 upvotes
Ottawa
jcon wrote: Agreed. But $299/month is less than half off the current offer.

I wonder if I can find a similar deal out West?
I'm sure you can.
Several members from out West have posted great deals on F150s also.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)