Facebook live and koodo network issue?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 7th, 2016 2:21 pm
[OP]
Nov 26, 2013
512 posts
37 upvotes

Facebook live and koodo network issue?

Has anyone ever noticed a facebook live playback issue on the the Koodo network? I have a GS7 and was looking at a facebook live feed yesterday of an event and it loaded maybe 10 seconds and then I got the loading circle and it wouldn't load anymore, it just keeps going round and round. Now my 2 buddies beside me went to watch the same event after mine wasn't working and theirs were working fine. One guy had a galaxy s4 with Virgin Mobile and the other a Galaxy Note 3 with Videotron. All phones were connected to LTE at that time. I understand facebook live streams can get pretty crowded and signal can be cut but why was only my phone being affected and the others were able to watch the feed? I am thinking it would have to do with the Koodo network although Virgin and Koodo should use the same towers which I find strange.
4 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
2605 posts
680 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Have you since tried it?
It can be hardware, network, facebook.
Try on WIFI first to troubleshoot.
[OP]
Nov 26, 2013
512 posts
37 upvotes
I tried multiple streams yesterday but they all did the same thing. Although the streams were all from the same broadcaster. I can try on Wifi but it's hard to find a stream to test it out.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
18141 posts
8001 upvotes
Oakville
Did you try in different locations? How were other streaming options working for you at the time (Youtube, etc). It might not have been specifically FB Live streaming, it might have been all streaming. :)
Lucky Koodo $40/6GB (with $15/10GB add-on) recipient
[OP]
Nov 26, 2013
512 posts
37 upvotes
Ok so I just so happen to watch another live stream from another location today and from a different broadcaster and it did the same thing. Again full LTE bars and video load for 5-10secs and then the continuous loading circle but it doesn't load. As soon as it did that I switched to the YouTube app to see if it would work and it worked fine. I don't know what the issue could be, I tried to clear the data of the facebook app but that didn't fix it.