Entrepreneurship & Small Business

Facebook reviews are completely broken for me... Is there an alternative where customers can leave me a review?

• Last Updated:
  • May 28th, 2021 4:21 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
11257 posts
2307 upvotes
Durham Region

Facebook reviews are completely broken for me... Is there an alternative where customers can leave me a review?

So, I had a reviews button for my business with around 40+ reviews, all positive, no negatives, actually never has someone left me a negative review.

Customer just msged me asking how to leave a review for me since they loved how fast my service was and how professional everything was. I told them they could leave a review under the reviews tab on my facebook page to which they said it was not there.

Sure enough when I checked it's not there, it's turned off under the tab settings and when I turn it on, it says it is on, I go back to the page, it's not there and when I go back to turn it on it is off again. It's been about a week now and this is a real stupid problem and I don't expect fb to do anything about it including fixing it.

Is there another site out there where people can leave reviews? Quite frankly I'm pretty pissed off about this but I guess I can't really complain since having a page is completely free...
8 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2007
1937 posts
317 upvotes
Calgary
Google is the other big one.

After that you drop to pretty minor players like BBB, or vendor lookup sites like Yelp. Some industries have their own top dogs, for example hospitality.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
11257 posts
2307 upvotes
Durham Region
Just Confused wrote: Google is the other big one.

After that you drop to pretty minor players like BBB, or vendor lookup sites like Yelp. Some industries have their own top dogs, for example hospitality.
I assume I would have to pay google for some sort of business account in order to be left reviews at all?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
5721 posts
3223 upvotes
Toronto
XtremeModder wrote: I assume I would have to pay google for some sort of business account in order to be left reviews at all?
Nope. Anyone with Google account can make business page. Google only charges you if you want to do advertising.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
11257 posts
2307 upvotes
Durham Region
peteryorkuca wrote: Nope. Anyone with Google account can make business page. Google only charges you if you want to do advertising.
Interesting. Will have to look into this. Still going to try and figure out the thing with Facebook as it's quite a bit it positive feedback lost if I can't get it back.
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2007
1937 posts
317 upvotes
Calgary
Just Google your business name. Your business will already be there (most likely). There is a link on the sidebar "Claim this business?" Click that and Presto... you are on your way. Join the rest of us minions... slaves to social media. It has become this generation's advertising cesspool, just like TV was to Boomers. It is McLuhan's "the medium is the message" all over again. Sadly, we can't trust any of it. Here is a disheartening CBC article on it.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
1379 posts
1375 upvotes
Markham, ON
Just Confused wrote: Just Google your business name. Your business will already be there (most likely). There is a link on the sidebar "Claim this business?" Click that and Presto... you are on your way. Join the rest of us minions... slaves to social media. It has become this generation's advertising cesspool, just like TV was to Boomers. It is McLuhan's "the medium is the message" all over again. Sadly, we can't trust any of it. Here is a disheartening CBC article on it.
Just to add to this.
Op MAY have to verify the business.
In the event that you have to verify the business, Google will send you a postcard with a 6 digit code (to confirm that you're indeed the owner of the business -- otherwise anyone can claim ownership of any business).
FIDO, Freedom Mobile, Koodo, Public Mobile, TELUS customer.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
1379 posts
1375 upvotes
Markham, ON
XtremeModder wrote: Interesting. Will have to look into this. Still going to try and figure out the thing with Facebook as it's quite a bit it positive feedback lost if I can't get it back.
It's better to have your customers use Google Reviews instead of Facebook.

Google will display your business page (for free) on the right when people google your business name.

For online presence purposes, I would have free Yelp, Bing Business Lising, YellowPages listng.
FIDO, Freedom Mobile, Koodo, Public Mobile, TELUS customer.
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2007
1937 posts
317 upvotes
Calgary
mrtin905 wrote: Just to add to this.
Op MAY have to verify the business.
In the event that you have to verify the business, Google will send you a postcard with a 6 digit code (to confirm that you're indeed the owner of the business -- otherwise anyone can claim ownership of any business).
You are right. I forgot to mention that... verification will be part of it.