• Dec 29th, 2019 9:01 am
[OP]
Dec 9, 2010
123 posts
30 upvotes
Welland

Factory Direct Black Friday iPhone X $629

https://www.factorydirect.ca/weekly-flyer
Is this a good deal? I do not want to do one of the suggestions of buy at Costco or someplace then cancel plan, pay off phone to me this is dishonest.
9 replies
Dec 13, 2017
244 posts
156 upvotes
as a former FD employee, their quality isn't the best. I would only buy if it was factory refurbished (by apple) and was sealed by apple as well. I wouldn't buy anything that was refurbished by FD. I would also open up in store and check every little thing before paying
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2016
1808 posts
525 upvotes
Does FD actually perform the refurbishing though? I would have thought they just send it to some repair shop and then put them up for sale?
Dec 13, 2017
244 posts
156 upvotes
notfromqc wrote: Does FD actually perform the refurbishing though? I would have thought they just send it to some repair shop and then put them up for sale?
for some products they do it by themselves
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
18862 posts
4955 upvotes
Toronto
Last time I was in Factory Direct looking at a Mac laptop, it looked they had carefully run over each and every one of them.

Phones are also often scratched all to hell or dirty.
[OP]
Dec 9, 2010
123 posts
30 upvotes
Welland
Thank you everyone for taking time to caution me. Based on your feedback I decided to proceed with caution and did not go look at them. Maybe Apple will discount them, not in dire straits for new iphone yet.
Dec 13, 2016
362 posts
208 upvotes
GTA
factory defect.
FreedomMobile
DakilangMangingibig
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
18862 posts
4955 upvotes
Toronto
PCreighton wrote: Thank you everyone for taking time to caution me. Based on your feedback I decided to proceed with caution and did not go look at them. Maybe Apple will discount them, not in dire straits for new iphone yet.
Apple doesn’t do iPhone discounts. There are a lot of carrier discounts on the iPhone XR though.
[OP]
Dec 9, 2010
123 posts
30 upvotes
Welland
EugW wrote: Apple doesn’t do iPhone discounts. There are a lot of carrier discounts on the iPhone XR though.
I use Zoomer, and do not want to change carrier as plan and cost a month works for me at 36@ month. Downside is they do not offer iPhones I brought my 6s with me and sold the phone they sent me. Other carriers seem to be almost double to get an iPhone XR.