[Factory Direct] Hisense 55" 4K HDR Smart TV [certified refurb] $379

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 1st, 2019 2:08 pm
[OP]
Nov 28, 2016
12 posts
6 upvotes

[Factory Direct] Hisense 55" 4K HDR Smart TV [certified refurb] $379

I find this to be a pretty great deal. Not often can you find a 55" 4K HDR Smart TV for this price.
Certified refurbished. Can vouch for the quality of Hisense as I personally own one myself.

Westinghouse 55" 4k HDR Android TV also for same price: https://www.factorydirect.ca/westinghou ... -smart-and
Last edited by brandonq on Aug 1st, 2019 2:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
Koodo $39/10GB
16 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2006
3969 posts
1764 upvotes
A price in the title would be great, and maybe attract more people to your thread.
Dec 27, 2007
18714 posts
9843 upvotes
Kitchener
Friends don't let their friends buy high ticketed electronics from factory direct (high usually means > $50).
If it's a must, make sure you unpack, power up and fully inspect the TV before leaving the store, because once you are out of the door you are out of luck (FD has no official "return policy").
Also, note that this TV carries no manufacturer warranty and will carry no extended credit card warranty either.
Product page mentions nothing about "certified refurb" mentioned in the title, this can be anything from store returns (which can be malfunctioning), damaged packaging to display units.
Proceed with caution (if you really must).

edit: definition FD gives for "certified refurbished" is actually pretty misleading (if not just wrong), "certified refurbished" is not product "certified to work"!! "certified refurbished" are products that are refurbished by a facility "certified" by the original product manufacturer to perform the refurbishing process.
[OP]
Nov 28, 2016
12 posts
6 upvotes
^ product page does state certified refurbished, hence why I placed it in the title of this thread. And yes, I encourage everyone to read their policies and read reviews of past customer experiences to be informed consumers.
Koodo $39/10GB
Dec 27, 2007
18714 posts
9843 upvotes
Kitchener
brandonq wrote:
Aug 1st, 2019 3:06 am
^ product page does state certified refurbished
I stand corrected, it's in the checkbox above the product model.
That said, definition FD gives for "certified refurbished" is actually pretty misleading (if not just wrong), "certified refurbished" is not product "certified to work"!! "certified refurbished" are products that are refurbished by a facility "certified" by the original product manufacturer to perform the refurbishing process.
[OP]
Nov 28, 2016
12 posts
6 upvotes
Agreed, that does seem intentionally misleading. Inspecting the TV immediately when able is certainly for the best, but be cautiously optimistic. Well said.
Koodo $39/10GB
Apr 10, 2018
24 posts
8 upvotes
Highly recommend checking the product first, from a first hand account, 1/5 of their products are DOA.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2007
1151 posts
336 upvotes
Toronto
I believe this was $399 at Costco several times.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
15830 posts
5078 upvotes
aasoror wrote:
Aug 1st, 2019 2:56 am
Friends don't let their friends buy high ticketed electronics from factory direct (high usually means > $50).
Hence why the store is often referred to as Factory Defect
Even at a great sale price shopping there is like gambling. I'm not a gambler but some are
All spirits are enslaved that serve things evil
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2013
1096 posts
440 upvotes
Durham
I don't care what the price is. Would never buy from Factory Direct. Maybe a chocolate bar by the cashier, but thats about it.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2008
6112 posts
1739 upvotes
Whitby
aasoror wrote:
Aug 1st, 2019 2:56 am

Proceed with caution (if you really must).
That is good advice if Factory Direct location allows testing......Oshawa store won't allow you to open the box in store and test a tv. Customer isn't getting money back if products defective either, saw a customer exchanging a defective phone and it looked like a convoluted process....product is tested to ensure its defective on return. That takes time....then customer gets another tv to take home.
Do that a few times, burn your weekend away....at end be left with a store credit when the 3-4 tv's in stock are all fubared. Can't imagine working at Factory Direct, begin every conversation with already irate customers by asking "did you drop it?"
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
1882 posts
2055 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Would give up-vote for Hisense, but had to down-vote for "poor merchant reputation" I would not buy anything over $50 from FD and that's pushing it.
Feb 22, 2009
898 posts
843 upvotes
Whitby
factorydirect high priced electonics? lmao... that is a roll of dice right into the gutter.
go to walmart like an adult and get a t.v. with a proper warranty. and knowing it is new.

friends don't let friends buy garbage.
Aug 18, 2018
54 posts
9 upvotes
I got the 58 inch hisense 279 us at. Costco us great tv and great deal I only buy tvs at Costco not worth buying a used tv for not much cheaper then a new tv at Costco
Dec 27, 2007
18714 posts
9843 upvotes
Kitchener
Zamboni wrote:
Aug 1st, 2019 8:59 am
Customer isn't getting money back if products defective either
Correct, they have no "official" return policy, just 10 days exchange and rest of the 90 days is repair only (where you need to wait for them to send your TV for their "repair" center and wait for it to come back), best case you would end up with some store credit.

It's not that I don't shop there, it's just that I restrict myself to new, cheap, as seen on TV products which won't hurt much tossing away if found defective.