• Last Updated:
  • Apr 11th, 2021 12:27 pm
[OP]
Oct 23, 2009
28 posts
12 upvotes
Windsor

[Factory Direct] Insane deal on Hisense 55H9G

Just spotted this today. I'm in the market for upgrading my daily TV to something 50+inches and modern specs. I was going to go with an Open Box Hisense 55Q9809. It is the 2019 Hisense flagship. Then I saw the ad online for this set. I thought it was as typo.

https://www.factorydirect.ca/hisense-qu ... android-tv

This set is the US model for 2020 (Q9G in Canada). It's only been out for 2 months or so. It currently retails for $1100-1200 for the 55-inch model (55Q9G/H9G). If you don't mind refurb units, this is an absolutely insane deal. Factory Direct has their issues, but their return policy is great. While you only get a 90-day warranty on these, you can use some of the $500-600 you save to buy a 1-, 2-, or 3-year extended warranty. Costco has the same set, brand new with a 2-year warranty, on sale for $1097. I'll include the link for that. Given that I'm going on year 5 with my refurb Vizio D50u-d1, I'm not worried about refurb units. If this new set lasts me 5 years, that's $120/yr!!

Costco deal:

https://www.costco.ca/hisense-55-in.-4k ... 54589.html
6 replies
Sep 10, 2010
148 posts
111 upvotes
Any issues with it ? Surprised you got no responses.
Jul 15, 2018
59 posts
91 upvotes
I would absolutely steer clear of refurbished products from Factory Direct. I've had absolutely nothing but terrible experiences with items I've purchased.

90%+ of the time refurbished items from Factory Direct are not even actually refurbished. They buy discounted lots of the items from companies that resell customer returns. Even if the item is truely broken, Factory Direct will sell it as "refurbished". The extended warranty is practically pointless because if you receive a broken unit, they will just swap it for another "refurbished" unit that will probably have its own problems. They don't offer refunds, but instead offer your money back in the form of a gift card...

I came back with a ~$20 "refurbished" item that was heavily used, damaged and not working straight out of the box. Factory Direct employee admitted to me he would be surprised if any of them worked from the lot...
Nov 11, 2012
353 posts
618 upvotes
spartan217 wrote: I would absolutely steer clear of refurbished products from Factory Direct. I've had absolutely nothing but terrible experiences with items I've purchased.

90%+ of the time refurbished items from Factory Direct are not even actually refurbished. They buy discounted lots of the items from companies that resell customer returns. Even if the item is truely broken, Factory Direct will sell it as "refurbished". The extended warranty is practically pointless because if you receive a broken unit, they will just swap it for another "refurbished" unit that will probably have its own problems. They don't offer refunds, but instead offer your money back in the form of a gift card...

I came back with a ~$20 "refurbished" item that was heavily used, damaged and not working straight out of the box. Factory Direct employee admitted to me he would be surprised if any of them worked from the lot...
Ditto here. I bought a Vizio M65 a few years back for way too much money. The unit had a few dead pixels we couldn't see at the store and were not covered under warranty. Worst part of it all is that the unit will glitch out, display a bunch of crazy colours and freeze. It has to be unplugged to get it to restart. We contacted factory direct and they told us to mail the 65 inch tv to California for repairs... Which cost an insane amount of money so we just kept it... I bought a smart plug so that I can "unplug it" without having to get off the couch...
Jul 20, 2017
265 posts
267 upvotes
I wouldn't consider this an "insane deal"

Besides seeing TV similar to this going for 50% off all the time, Factory Direct is refurbished.

I am all for refurbished products, but besides the horror stories of Factory Direct, you can get deals similar to this on brand new items if you wait.
Here to buy stuff I don't need
Jun 1, 2017
765 posts
640 upvotes
Mississauga
KDKid wrote: Just spotted this today. I'm in the market for upgrading my daily TV to something 50+inches and modern specs. I was going to go with an Open Box Hisense 55Q9809. It is the 2019 Hisense flagship. Then I saw the ad online for this set. I thought it was as typo.

https://www.factorydirect.ca/hisense-qu ... android-tv

This set is the US model for 2020 (Q9G in Canada). It's only been out for 2 months or so. It currently retails for $1100-1200 for the 55-inch model (55Q9G/H9G). If you don't mind refurb units, this is an absolutely insane deal. Factory Direct has their issues, but their return policy is great. While you only get a 90-day warranty on these, you can use some of the $500-600 you save to buy a 1-, 2-, or 3-year extended warranty. Costco has the same set, brand new with a 2-year warranty, on sale for $1097. I'll include the link for that. Given that I'm going on year 5 with my refurb Vizio D50u-d1, I'm not worried about refurb units. If this new set lasts me 5 years, that's $120/yr!!

Costco deal:

https://www.costco.ca/hisense-55-in.-4k ... 54589.html
Did you end up getting this? They have it for $579 right now
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
14171 posts
29183 upvotes
No such thing as a deal from Factory Direct , specially a TV

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)