• Last Updated:
  • Jul 21st, 2020 2:54 pm
[OP]
Apr 25, 2019
877 posts
1518 upvotes
YXE, Sask.

[Factory Direct] Refurb Moto One Action $199

I know it's a refurbished product, but the price is really good for the specs.
Specs:
https://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_one_action-9739.php
Koodo BF 2022 $30 20 GB ($25 for first 5 months!)
Samsung Galaxy A53 owner.
26 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
15017 posts
4850 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Battery life would be the biggest turn-off.
Jul 2, 2016
772 posts
1935 upvotes
Rogido wrote: Battery life would be the biggest turn-off.
I think buying a product from factory direct is the biggest turn-off. I wouldn't trust spending $199 there.
Apr 8, 2020
715 posts
460 upvotes
George1616 wrote: I think buying a product from factory direct is the biggest turn-off. I wouldn't trust spending $199 there.
Agree , unless something changed
Aug 21, 2005
244 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto
Bought this (brand new) from Costco not long ago. Excellent phone, great value. Worth buying used with the right warranty.
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
15017 posts
4850 upvotes
VANCOUVER
George1616 wrote: I think buying a product from factory direct is the biggest turn-off. I wouldn't trust spending $199 there.
I meant about the phone.
Dec 13, 2016
906 posts
611 upvotes
GTA
Factory DefectSmiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
FreedomMobile $50/30gb F&F
Fido $40/50gb
DakilangMangingibig
May 17, 2006
76 posts
144 upvotes
Pretty sure these are just Costco returns. They are still $299.99 at Costco. Good deal at $100 off.
*wink*
Oct 26, 2008
433 posts
389 upvotes
Here is my Factory Direct Strategy ( and it’s not never buy from them). I’ve done quite well on several electronic purchases.

The price has to be near what you would pay on Kijiji or in a used market. On Kijiji you basically have little to no recourse on a purchase. At factory direct you often have 90 days. If the price is in line with the used market AND you’d consider buying it used then you are better to get some protection buying at FD.

Also, they’ll usually let you try things out in store. I firmly suggest when possible taking this approach.

I’ve been very happy over the years with dozens of electronics purchases through them, but would not willingly commit more than say 200-300 on any one item.

I also always try to get a manufacturer’s warranty and have on occasion been successful, but this is ymmv.

I only see one of these on Kijiji for $250, I’d buy the FD one for less.

Good luck
LIVING IS EASY WITH EYES CLOSED
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2013
6075 posts
1861 upvotes
Manila, Philippines
This will great phone for my GrandDadMa... Motololo Motolola.
Last edited by d1ulove3 on Jul 21st, 2020 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
FreedomMobile 35% Friends & Family
Deal Fanatic
Nov 29, 2007
5573 posts
5273 upvotes
No Bum Deals
HelloMoto
. 🢂 4x Telus Endless 25GB - Shared Pool 100GB [$30] | 2x CAN-US 200min [$0] | 5x CAN-US PoM Tablet+Data [$0] | 1x PoM Watch Cellular [$0] 🢀
🢂
Bodgers Bus. Grade 500u 3yr [$50] 🢀
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
7521 posts
7836 upvotes
Toronto
ydmf wrote: Pretty sure these are just Costco returns. They are still $299.99 at Costco. Good deal at $100 off.
Why is it a good deal to spend $199 on something not new and defective that has been repaired and might or might not work?
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Apr 13, 2008
264 posts
408 upvotes
Bancroft
roblombardi wrote: Why is it a good deal to spend $199 on something not new and defective that has been repaired and might or might not work?
Isn't it a good deal because you can return it within the warranty period?
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
24373 posts
33374 upvotes
Toronto
To echo what @organic_panic said "Also, they’ll usually let you try things out in store. I firmly suggest when possible taking this approach."

Basically assume it is final sale and you'll never see them again. Bring your bluetooth headphones, charger, sim and micro SD card, etc. Test every single element of the phone at store to ensure you're 100% happy. If so, go for it. This is a pretty decent phone at a good price from a shady retailer. 2 guaranteed years of security and OS updates is icing on the cake

I'm serious as cancer when I say rhythm is a dancer.
Apr 13, 2008
264 posts
408 upvotes
Bancroft
shade69 wrote: Bought a phone from Factory Direct last year for my son, total trash. Do yourself a favor look elsewhere.
When did you realize that it was trash?
Why didn't you return it?
Feb 18, 2019
569 posts
789 upvotes
This is a pretty good deal for this phone, even if it is a "refurb". Phone was released less than a year ago, so these are in all likelihood just retailer returns.
But obviously be slightly wary of FD. Do not order online, go in and give the phone a solid once over and play with it for a while, as once you've purchased it, returns aren't easy (if at all).
If you get a good as new unit that someone just opened and didn't like, this is a good deal at $199.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
7521 posts
7836 upvotes
Toronto
eebest wrote: Isn't it a good deal because you can return it within the warranty period?
Nope, you're just getting charged less for a repaired, possibly defective and 2nd hand unit

A real deal is to pay less for a new unit... but pay less for something not new, defective, repaired? pfttt
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Mar 17, 2014
43 posts
34 upvotes
WATERDOWN
I actually purchased this phone as a back up for $179 from FD when they had a coupon and truthfully it is a Motorola refurbished phone, meaning it appeared brand new with included accessories. It is a good phone for the price and because it is technically Android One as soon as I turned it on I got an upgrade to Android 10. My main phone is a Pixel 4XL and this phone is very similar in terms of no bloat and a true Android experience. Battery life is Ok, meaning it should last you a full day under normal use; Android Auto works well as does, WIfi and LTE on Rogers. Actaully I have better reception on LTE with the Motorola than I have with the Pixel, go figure. I agree you need to be careful buying stuff from FD, but my last 2 purchases were fine (also bought a Hisense 55" 4K H9F which was a factory refurbished unit that appeared to be brand new and exceeded my expectations). So there you have it, someone that has actually purchased the item the OP is posting.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)