Careers

Failed interview to a bad interviewer.... I'm so upset..

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 15th, 2012 5:46 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2005
1360 posts
112 upvotes
Why are you puting all the blame on the interviewer? You're just as to blame for failing to communicate effectively with a difficult person. Think about what you could have done differently.
Apr 2, 2012
47 posts
5 upvotes
I have had some interviews before where the person interviewing me was awful. For example, I had an interview at a very small non-profit organization once, and it was the manager/director of the organization that interviewed me. She was an older lady who I just knew I wasn't going to click with right off the bat. She criticized previous jobs, and even the job I currently had! ("Well, I am sure you'll be happy when you don't have to work at ***** anymore") Anyways, it was just really bad, but when I walked out, all I could think was "Wow, that didn't go well, and I am totally not getting the job and that is completely fine with me."

I've also had interviews at places where they just seem completely unorganized and don't have their ***** together.. no thank you! I can't stand places like that. This has mostly been at retail/service industry jobs, not any of the more "professional" interviews I have had since I have been finished school.