Fair Price for Used Lenovo?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 12th, 2021 11:11 pm
[OP]
Jun 8, 2007
13 posts
Vancouver

Fair Price for Used Lenovo?

Hi folks, I'm leaving my employer but they offered to sell me my work laptop on the way out. Any sense of a fair price for it? Their offer was $450. There are about 15 months left on the warranty.

https://psref.lenovo.com/Detail/Think%2 ... 20LD001GUS

Model 20LD001GUS
Product ThinkPad X1 Yoga (3rd Gen)
Machine Type 20LD
Processor Intel Core i5-8250U (4C / 8T, 1.6 / 3.4GHz, 6MB)
Graphics Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620
Chipset Intel SoC Platform
Memory 8GB Soldered LPDDR3-2133
Storage 256GB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe Opal2
Display 14" FHD (1920x1080) WVA 300nits AR (anti-reflection)
Touchscreen 10-point Multi-touch
Pen ThinkPad Pen Pro (Garaged)
Media Reader MicroSD card reader
Ethernet 100/1000M via Optional Adapter
Optical None
WLAN + Bluetooth Intel 8265 11ac, 2x2 + BT4.2
WWAN None
SIM Card None
Smart Card Reader None
Monitor Cable None
Bundled Accessories None
Case Material Carbon Fiber Hybrid
Camera 720p with ThinkShutter
Microphone 2x, 360°
Color Black
Keyboard Backlit, English
Fingerprint Reader Touch Style, Match-on-Chip
NFC None
TPM Discrete TPM 2.0
Battery Integrated 54Wh
Power Adapter 65W USB-C
System Management None
Operating System Windows 10 Pro 64, English
Bundled Software None
Base Warranty 3-year, Depot
Bundled Service None
5 replies
Nov 6, 2014
732 posts
1125 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
My advice, take it. But might not hurt to try and ask if they'd let it go for $400. Great brand/model.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
6502 posts
2210 upvotes
Vancouver
If you need it, not bad at all. Ram is on the low side, if there's an extra expansion slot(1 stick soldered and 1 extra) then I would strongly suggest you upgrade. 8mb is sort of min, unless you only use it for word and web use. Though, if you are into having many tabs open, different browsers, word then that can be low. You should know better what you use it for, since you've had it for a while.
I use voice typing, expect mistakes...
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
5575 posts
2158 upvotes
Debtario
Sounds like a fair price. If you had it since it was new and it has served you well then I'd say go for it, at least you know how it has been handled.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
12936 posts
2225 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Don't call it a Lenovo. ThinkPads have more cachet than the standard Lenovo fair.

As to the fairness of that price, if you posted it on Craigslist, it would be sold the next day. In fact, if you want to sell one, I would give you $500 for it, if it's in really good shape (assuming it's a black one, and not stinky silver :) ).

dazz wrote: If you need it, not bad at all. Ram is on the low side, if there's an extra expansion slot
There isn't. You're stuck with what you bought it with.

PS, if you buy it, make sure it doesn't have any BIOS passwords installed, such as the supervisor password.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2017
1806 posts
1330 upvotes
GTA West
Take a look at sites selling Lenovo refurbs to get an idea of market value. E.g. look at the price list on the Bauer Systems site. They always have a wide range of used Thinkpads for sale.