Fairmont.com

Fairmont from $99 - must be booked by Aug 9

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 10th, 2007 12:16 am
Tags:
None
Aug 30, 2005
6 posts
Great Deal! Just booked a room at Whistler and Victoria (for our anniversary). Thanks again! :D
Dec 17, 2003
624 posts
80 upvotes
Hamilton
Also just booked a night in TO for my (belated) anniversary. Thanks OP!

"Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories" - Steven Wright
Aug 17, 2004
121 posts
7 upvotes
sandy44 wrote: No intentions to jack the thread/deal; but IMO you can get a far better deal on priceline or hotwire with the great US exchange rate going.
Yes and No.

In my experience, Priceline works amazingly well in the big cities like Toronto or Montreal. Unless the city is hit by a huge convention, there is usually a surplus of rooms that the hotels are eager to get rid of.

Priceline appears to be useless if you need to stay in a smaller town. Case in point: I spent the last month bidding on rooms in New Brunswick. Places like Saint John, Moncton, Edmundston, Saint Andrews, etc. I started the bidding at $40/night and gradually raised the bids up to the point where they almost match the official hotel rates. No luck.

My guess: there is no surplus of rooms in the smaller places, so Priceline does not have any inventory to move.
[OP]
Apr 21, 2006
88 posts
6 upvotes
bkushner wrote: where does it say it expires today?
I copied this quote from my original email: "Call 1 888 741 0411 or click on the destination of your choice to book online by August 9, 2007."
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2003
5729 posts
184 upvotes
Toronto
After 9 nights with 7 of those at assorted campgrounds while I travel the East coast, this would have been a GREAT way to spend my 10th and final night before I head home.

Just my luck, Chateau Frontenac has the bookings for the day before and the day after for $130 .....just my luck> :(

Brent
--------------------------------------------------------------

"Any more irrelevant comments to pull out of your ***** ?"
"Your comments seem to be r ectal plucks." Pete_Coach

HEATWARE.... if you bought from me ... thanks
Aug 31, 2003
792 posts
249 upvotes
White Rock, BC
Deal just expired...shoot!