Expired Hot Deals

[Fairmont.com] Fairmont Hotels & Resorts gift card promotion: $20 bonus with $100 e-gift card purchase (November 27th, 2pm-5pm)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 12th, 2020 12:41 am
[OP]
Aug 2, 2007
244 posts
94 upvotes

[Fairmont.com] Fairmont Hotels & Resorts gift card promotion: $20 bonus with $100 e-gift card purchase (November 27th, 2pm-5pm)

Deal Link:
Expiry:
November 27, 2020
Retailer:
Fairmont.com
More offers from Fairmont.com
The Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and Willow Stream Spa electronic gift card promotion will take place on Friday November 27, 2020 between 2 p.m. and 5 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”).

To be eligible to receive a bonus e-gift card purchasers must first purchase one or more Fairmont Hotels & Resorts (“FHR”) or Willow Stream Spa (“WSS”) e-gift cards online. Each brand-specific e-gift card purchase must be completed separately, up to a maximum purchase value of $5,000 CAD, USD or EUR (per credit card, per brand-specific shopping cart. Upon approved qualifying purchase the purchaser will receive a separate bonus e-gift card worth 20% of the value and currency of the brand-specific e-gift card(s) purchased up to the maximum purchase value per customer credit card, per shopping cart. Maximum eligible bonus per brand-specific purchase, per customer credit card is $1,000 CAD, USD or EUR.

Example:
- 1. Purchase $100 CAD, USD or EUR in Fairmont e-gift cards and receive a $20 CAD, USD or EUR Fairmont Bonus e-Gift Card;
- 2. Purchase $100 CAD, USD or EUR in Willow Stream Spa e-gift cards and receive a $20 CAD, USD or EUR Willow Stream Spa Bonus e-Gift Card.
Last edited by TomRFD on Nov 4th, 2020 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title
54 replies
Feb 27, 2009
925 posts
933 upvotes
Anyone know how fast you get the 20% bonus

This will work well with there stay one night get one night free
Jan 4, 2007
242 posts
30 upvotes
Taken advantage of this offer for 4 or 5 years now. Bonus gift cards have always arrives immediately.

Using gift cards on promotional rates is a bit of a hassle. Promotions are usually prepaid rates, so you have to prepay with a credit card then on checkout you can pay with gift cards. They will then refund your credit card the prepay amount.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2873 posts
2444 upvotes
Richmond Hill
nocash wrote: Taken advantage of this offer for 4 or 5 years now. Bonus gift cards have always arrives immediately.

Using gift cards on promotional rates is a bit of a hassle. Promotions are usually prepaid rates, so you have to prepay with a credit card then on checkout you can pay with gift cards. They will then refund your credit card the prepay amount.

So when you book and prepaid, you can't use the gift card like any other online shopping??
Bright side of RFD: Often find good deal
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
Nov 22, 2017
232 posts
221 upvotes
Just used the ones I got last year a few weeks ago! Might stock up a small amount again for the next trip. Something is better than nothing right Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Aug 2, 2016
358 posts
423 upvotes
Hellfire wrote: Anyone know if they can be used towards events such as wedding receptions (food & beverages, hall rental, etc..)
https://www.fairmont.com/fairmont-gift-cards-terms/

According to the above link it seems to work for any direct hotel-related charge. However, if you plan on buying several thousand dollars worth, you should ask the booking agent.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
3439 posts
3525 upvotes
GTA
Hellfire wrote: Anyone know if they can be used towards events such as wedding receptions (food & beverages, hall rental, etc..)
Yep, you can use Fairmont Gift Cards for events at Fairmont Hotels!
Jan 4, 2007
242 posts
30 upvotes
You can't from the website - it may be possible by telephone, I've never tried.

It's a simple process to be refunded in person at the desk but can be inconvenient if you're in a rush in the morning.
cheapshopper wrote: So when you book and prepaid, you can't use the gift card like any other online shopping??
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
3439 posts
3525 upvotes
GTA
supplementking wrote: Can u use at the restaurants inside?
Yes, as long as the restaurant is owned and operated by Fairmont:

Fairmont Hotels & Resorts gift cards can also be redeemed at Fairmont Stores (retail locations and online), Fairmont owned and operated golf courses, Fairmont owned and operated food & beverage outlets, Fairmont owned and operated spas and any other outlet pertaining to Fairmont Hotels & Resorts.
Oct 21, 2020
15 posts
13 upvotes
I have a rezzo at a fairmont in January. I can purchase a gift card for 80% of the total cost of my reservation, receive a gc for 20% and then use them both upon checkout to settle up my bill?
Aug 2, 2018
31 posts
41 upvotes
Anybody know if the golf course at Chateau Montabello would accept them? I believe course is owned and operated by Fairmaount but not entirely sure.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
3439 posts
3525 upvotes
GTA
LarryT778370 wrote: Can anyone explain why this is better than the life experience deal at Costco?
Hmm, not showing up on Costco.ca:

https://www.costco.ca/all-tickets-gifts ... cates.html

Edit: Maybe still in Ontario Costco Warehouses only as per @trystee in Various Gift Cards thread:

[ON] - Life Experiences: $100 (1 x $100) GC - $74.99 - SKU 1251947
Last edited by mzmoney on Nov 17th, 2020 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
3439 posts
3525 upvotes
GTA
LarryT778370 wrote: Yes. I saw some a few weeks ago in warehouse. Not available online
Hey Larry, edited my post before I saw this post.

Maybe only in Ontario warehouses, as per @trystee in GC thread?
Apr 2, 2008
661 posts
327 upvotes
LarryT778370 wrote: Can anyone explain why this is better than the life experience deal at Costco?
LE is limited to $1K per room. You can use the GC for charge above $1K.
Save a lot but end up spending more :confused:
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
3439 posts
3525 upvotes
GTA
bluewish wrote: LE is limited to $1K per room. You can use the GC for charge above $1K.
Oh yes, I was told max of 10 LE cards upon Fairmont checkout (vs no max #/amount for Fairmont GCs). You were told/experienced max $1k LE GCs per room?