Feb 6th, 2019 1:54 pm
This will not go well, OP.

A few things:
- FO76 is an incomplete buggy mess
- FO76 is slated for F2P
- FO76 content updates are quickly being abandoned
- FO76's community is abandoning it quickly

Best to walk away on this one.
Bethesda came out and denied it is going F2P...
Sep 17, 2012
38 posts
15 upvotes
ssjkev16 wrote:
Feb 6th, 2019 1:50 pm
Not sure if this is a repost, but I was just at Costco and they had Fallout 76 for PS4 on clearance price for $19.97!
Which location were you at?
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7961 posts
1048 upvotes
Also:
GameStop aren’t the only German retailer having trouble moving the game, either; the big electronics chain Saturn are also giving copies of the game away with the Fallout 76 Xbox One bundle. Meaning you’d get an Xbox One, a copy of Fallout 76 and then...another copy of Fallout 76.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
May 13, 2015
12 posts
32 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Winkle wrote:
Feb 6th, 2019 8:22 pm
Also:

Are you sure the additional copy is not because of language reasons? In Quebec, Canada, a lot of these xbox bundles come with the English copy strapped to them as they can't sell an English only bundle due to language laws and the French only bundles struggle...
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
2831 posts
1525 upvotes
justotron wrote:
Feb 7th, 2019 7:14 am
Are you sure the additional copy is not because of language reasons? In Quebec, Canada, a lot of these xbox bundles come with the English copy strapped to them as they can't sell an English only bundle due to language laws and the French only bundles struggle...
The one in the box is a download code. They added the physical disc for those that don't have an internet connection ;)
Jun 1, 2017
225 posts
141 upvotes
uklamen wrote:
Feb 7th, 2019 7:32 am
The one in the box is a download code. They added the physical disc for those that don't have an internet connection ;)
It's an online only game...
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
2831 posts
1525 upvotes
NoPistons wrote:
Feb 7th, 2019 10:26 am
It's an online only game...
Whaaaaaat? No....

Sorry, I thought the winky face was universal for sarcasm. I will do better next time. Maybe.. *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge* at the end?
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
11692 posts
12053 upvotes
Is 'Liar Todd' a new Trump meme for 2019? Someone in the loop please update me.

God bless.
Feb 6, 2019
1 posts
1 upvote
redflagdealsguy wrote:
Feb 6th, 2019 1:54 pm
This will not go well, OP.

A few things:
- FO76 is an incomplete buggy mess
- FO76 is slated for F2P
- FO76 content updates are quickly being abandoned
- FO76's community is abandoning it quickly

Best to walk away on this one.
- Game was buggy when released, but updates are regular fixing hundreds of bugs unlike most devs
- it is NOT slated f2p, Bethesda confirmed this
- updates to the game along with communications are regular and ongoing
- fanbase is still strong

Get your facts straight before posting. I paid full price and got over 100hrs of fun out of the game. Thats well worth my $ per hour of entertainment... With more content on the way this game is only going to get better. People should stop bashing things for attention. $19.99 is a steal for this game.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
1988 posts
1596 upvotes
SAINT JOHN
thedealhunter2000 wrote:
Feb 6th, 2019 4:19 pm

https://www.gameinformer.com/2018/12/26 ... nal-essays

Bethesda Allegedly Asking Banned Fallout 76 Mod Users To Write Personal Essays
by Imran Khan on Dec 26, 2018 at 05:15 PM
FacebookPost
TwitterTweet
EmailEmail
CommentComment

There's rarely a week where there's not some news about Fallout 76, Bethesda's online multiplayer take on the Fallout universe, for better or worse. It seems the holidays aren't providing any respite to Bethesda, as a story about an alleged customer service interaction is one more log to throw into the fire.

According to Variety, a YouTube video purporting that Bethesda has been banning users for using mods for Fallout 76 has been making the rounds. Banning for mods in general is kind of a strange thing, as some are used just for getting better accessibility or performance out of software. When these modders tried pleading this case to Bethesda's customer service however, the representatives apparently assigned them homework instead.

The video, created by YouTuber JuiceHead, explains that people who were banned received an email back from Bethesda support asking for an essay about why mods are bad. Allegedly, the email sent back says "If you would like to appeal this account closure, we would be willing to accept an essay on ‘Why the use of third party cheat software is detrimental to an online game community’ for our management team to review."

While it's always possible the email could be fake, Juicehead says that he spoke to other banned players who backed up the wording and sentiment of the email asking for essays in exchange for being unbanned. It's certainly a unique take on discouraging online cheating.

Recently, Bethesda announced that they'll be gifting Fallout classic to owners of Fallout 76 as recompense for the game's rocky launch. You can also find our review for the game right here.

[Source: Variety]

A long time ago, I used to edit essays as a side gig. I am not sure I would ever willingly ask people to give me essays to read on a thing they don't want to do.
Imran Khan
West Coast News Editor
Imran has been playing games since he was five, but it is less the length of time and more the frequency that tends to alarm people.

...Location: GTA North

If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.

GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread

[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100). Please let me know if you have one for sale. Willing to part trade stuff or labour.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
11692 posts
12053 upvotes
Jhnuweb wrote:
Feb 7th, 2019 6:30 pm
- Game was buggy when released, but updates are regular fixing hundreds of bugs unlike most devs
- it is NOT slated f2p, Bethesda confirmed this
- updates to the game along with communications are regular and ongoing
- fanbase is still strong

Get your facts straight before posting. I paid full price and got over 100hrs of fun out of the game. Thats well worth my $ per hour of entertainment... With more content on the way this game is only going to get better. People should stop bashing things for attention. $19.99 is a steal for this game.
You registered just to tell me that? Take a chill pill, Todd.