• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2015 9:29 pm
Penalty Box
Oct 19, 2012
3359 posts
421 upvotes
Toronto

Famous Car Expert Talks Wonders About Infinity G37 & Nissan Maxima

Greg Carrasco, famous car expert, says that the best 2 vehicle he had in his life was a 2009 Infinity G37 and a 2003 Nissan Maxima. He says that both of them are "underrated" and that they are the most reliable things he has ever owned, with superb driving experiences.

I know about the Nissan Maxima being great but not sure about the G37... is it a expensive dud like the Audi A4?
27 replies
Jul 23, 2013
267 posts
128 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Can't speak of the G37, but the 5/5.5 gen Maxima's were great cars, way ahead of their time. Although they had the turning radius of a bus and rusted way too easily. I will always miss the sound of my old vq30de-k :cry:
Deal Guru
Nov 6, 2010
10018 posts
1967 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Well every "car expert" has a different favorite car and car ownership (and woes) will greatly vary per owner and per car so take it with a grain of salt.
Mar 2, 2015
804 posts
161 upvotes
Edmonton
The Infiniti G37 was (and still is) a great car. This car single handedly carried the Infiniti brand on its own by accounting for more than 60% of their sales. It has great value that can not be beat. It is a very reliable car and has the performance you would expect from a German car such as BMW 335, while selling for $10-$15 k less. It is also decent looking, especially the coupe. There is a reason why they sold like hot cakes.
Banned
Apr 5, 2013
5810 posts
3019 upvotes
keenland
he worked for nissan for about 15 years..he drove nissan products only...wtf does he have to compare to?

and btw..he is an "expert car salesman" not a driver or mechanic..and he always had a relatively new vehicle.
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
22438 posts
3065 upvotes
Only the gen 3 - gen 5.5 Maxima. Afterwards the Maxima got a identity crisis and turned into slow mobile

The G35 with the HR motor is crazy for city use when you turn off the nannies on the car, the g37 must be a lot of fun

G35 feels more "cramped" though
May 11, 2015
102 posts
20 upvotes
Unionville, ON
Car expert. LOL.

Another quality Gammatron thread.
Aug 13, 2006
478 posts
257 upvotes
Having owned a 2001 Maxima for just under 15 years - I can tell you that this was a great car. I finally got rid of it after with 430K on the odometer. I've only replaced a handful of parts in it's lifetime. What really stood out for me is after so many years and KM's is the car felt like it was still new. No creaks or squeaks when driving. I really don't think I will ever drive a car manufactured that well again.
Sep 9, 2013
697 posts
594 upvotes
Ottawa
Who? when I Google "Greg Carrasco" not much comes up as famous or expert.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2014
2643 posts
733 upvotes
Ottawa
He is famous in the car world. Very down to earth and has his a show on AM 640.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2011
2207 posts
692 upvotes
Toronto
I wouldn't call this guy famous. I just remember his ads for 401-Dixie Nissan if I remember correctly. He was always on the radio and then switched dealerships
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2007
5962 posts
1066 upvotes
Calgary
Gammatron wrote: Greg Carrasco, famous car expert, says that the best 2 vehicle he had in his life was a 2009 Infinity G37 and a 2003 Nissan Maxima. He says that both of them are "underrated" and that they are the most reliable things he has ever owned, with superb driving experiences.

I know about the Nissan Maxima being great but not sure about the G37... is it a expensive dud like the Audi A4?
Not saying Maxima is a bad car but best vehicle of his life and he is a 'car expert'?
Deal Addict
May 21, 2015
1293 posts
952 upvotes
Sarnia, ON
key words: "his life" . The best car I ever owned in "my life" was a new 1975 Buick Electra 225 coupe. Nary a problem with it , rode like a marshmallow floating down a cotton candy highway, gobs of power, more lights than Broadway at 11 pm and ashtrays for everyone.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
7810 posts
3862 upvotes
Germany
The G35/37 are great cars with the only issue being the VQHR engines can be oil thirsty and are a bit unrefined (thrashy with harsh vibration). I chalk that up to the VQ being bored and stroked to death from its VQ30 days. The other issue is that the G35/37 are disproportionately driven by asshats. I'd say it's top 3 on my list of cars that are ruined by the stigma of their owners.
Temp. Banned
Feb 8, 2005
2335 posts
247 upvotes
unshavenyak wrote: The G35/37 are great cars with the only issue being the VQHR engines can be oil thirsty and are a bit unrefined (thrashy with harsh vibration). I chalk that up to the VQ being bored and stroked to death from its VQ30 days. The other issue is that the G35/37 are disproportionately driven by asshats. I'd say it's top 3 on my list of cars that are ruined by the stigma of their owners.
Oil consumption issue was on the DE engines not the HR.