Cineplex

Famous/Cineplex Mystery Shopper.

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2008 5:31 pm
[OP]
Feb 21, 2003
873 posts
13 upvotes

[Cineplex] Famous/Cineplex Mystery Shopper.

goto the movies a lot??
buy from the concessions a lot??
won't mind doing an evaluation??

then this will be a hot deal for you!!

Famous/Cineplex Mystery Shopper.
It only costs $53.50(tax included) to become a member.
you get:
8 passes.
4 $10 concessions coupons
4 evaluation forms.

how it works is that 4 times a yr famous(cineplex) will send you 2 passes and a $10 concessions coupon, and evaluation to fill out. What you evaluate is the theater you goto. In their FAQ, they say most likely you can goto any theater you want, and any movie you want.

here's the link.
http://www.famousplayers.com/content/in ... eryShopper

Check the link for more info.

=================================================================

:arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd:
Update:
runamuck wrote: new link..deal has been ressurected!

http://www.cineplex.com/Global/Feedback ... r/FAQ.aspx
http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... stcount=95
100 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 28, 2005
6385 posts
418 upvotes
Scarborough
so i have to pay to be a mystery shopper?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 28, 2005
6385 posts
418 upvotes
Scarborough
that's what i was thinking

granite_69 wrote:Shouldnt they pay me to 'work' for them?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2005
5496 posts
31865 upvotes
Montreal
this is BS..many other reputable companies offer "mystery shopper" oppurtunities..and you don't have to pay.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
7408 posts
1557 upvotes
Edmonton
I looked it over, and it reminds me, irritatingly, of the customer service surveys that FS, Home Depot, and Burger King get their customers to fill out, to see if they 'win' a draw, [when they do the on-line survey.] It is VERY cheap mystery shopping personnel for them, and it reeks of cheapness, IMO. Companies like that should be paying real people who go through some kind of an interview process, and not just hiring any old joe blow who wants to fill out a survey. Can you guys just imagine the quality of the surveys they will get? It would be fun to read some of them, I'm sure! :cheesygri

On the other hand - good post - thanks for sharing the info. with us. Some RFD'ers will wish to take part in this; a discount for something they want to do, anyway? Why not?

I was just expressing my irritation at the companies who are seemingly too cheap to hire real mystery shoppers.
Dec 7, 2004
522 posts
3 upvotes
Hey at least it is a good 'deal' on its own.
Deal Fanatic
May 28, 2002
8368 posts
229 upvotes
Kitchener
Not hot at all, Cineplex being cheap.
May 15, 2005
736 posts
It is a hot deal in the sense that you get a near 150 dollar value for 54 dollars. The irritating part is the survey, but I could just BS it anyways haha screw over Ciniplex a bit.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2003
1436 posts
375 upvotes
Ottawa
the deal itself beats any other movie packages out there... not bad
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2005
3192 posts
919 upvotes
Mississauga
Hey, your all thinking it the wrong way. Look at the advantages,
8 passes.
4 $10 concessions coupons

All for only $53.50 BIG PLUS they say most likely you can goto any theater you want, and any movie you want.

ANY MOVIE YOU WANT. There's not like anybody is going to stop you.
If you could see, this is a good deal! Like how much would it be if you paid without this deal? Probably more than $100 plus including the 4 $10 concessions coupons.

All they ask for return is your input for this great deal.
Dec 7, 2004
522 posts
3 upvotes
I just tried to sign up for this. You are asked to select first theatre of choice and second theatre of choice, but there are no theatres listed in Alberta (one in red deer).
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12967 posts
1422 upvotes
other mystery shopper programs pay only like $10-15 per evaluation, thats all and its much harder than watching a movie and buying stuff from the concession stand.
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
FS: Acer Predator G1-710 Gaming PC
Banned
Dec 24, 2004
10708 posts
151 upvotes
i thought new movies usually ban the use of coupons or passes.
Air Canada Aeroplan Super Elite Reservations: 1-800-401-7201 or 514-369-7598
get unlimited calls or other discounts by calling directly to:
Fido Retentions: call 611 then push 7, then push 3 - or Rogers Retentions 1-514-734-7873 or 1-866-228-7109
Telus Mobility: 1-877-279-3100 or 416-279-3100 or 1 416 296 7669 [email protected]
Bell Mobility: 1-866-313-1086
nice chairs http://www.eternitymodern.ca
great value - lol http://www.walmart.ca
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2005
1941 posts
757 upvotes
granite_69 wrote:Shouldnt they pay me to 'work' for them?
actually I retract my previous comment.

if you look at it like work, then yes, the deal is lame...

but if you're looking at it as a deal to see a movie at a discounted rate, then its a pretty good deal - normally 8 movie tickets would cost over $80, plus the $40 in food - so if its something you'd already spend your money on, its a good deal

PLUS - filling out a survey about the theatre's service isn't that big a deal, and you guys have all got to admit - we've all probably done more to save a few bucks!! This is RFD after all!!
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2005
1941 posts
757 upvotes
st7860 wrote:i thought new movies usually ban the use of coupons or passes.
naw, they'd probably send you the admit ones or Platinum passes which are good for the no passes movies
Dec 7, 2004
522 posts
3 upvotes
coolpc wrote:i think its stupid.. what if before they send me the 2nd set of movie package there is a movie out that I want to see?? I think this is not so hot.
This is pretty dumb. You can always just buy some of the other tickets to use inbetween these.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 19, 2003
8124 posts
749 upvotes
the other threads handing out movie tickets are roughly the same price - concessions

[rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=185]HBC[/rfdlink] had tickets + concession coupons as well + more coupons/gift certificates + NO forms to fill out. stock up when [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=185]HBC[/rfdlink] has sales

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)