Expired Hot Deals

[Fanatical] Lego City Undercover - Steam - $6.20CAD ($4.83 ymmv)

• Last Updated:
  • May 13th, 2021 2:09 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
8668 posts
5626 upvotes
Toronto

[Fanatical] Lego City Undercover - Steam - $6.20CAD ($4.83 ymmv)

Deal Link:
Savings:
77% off
I was randomly reminded of this game today, really enjoyed it on WiiU and have been meaning to check out the PC port if I ever saw it cheap. Turns out it's at a historical low on Fanatical right now at $6.20 and if you can figure out how to check out of Newegg from Canada then you can get it for $4.83CAD there. I couldn't figure it out and didn't care to over $1.37 but if anyone finds a way please share as that would be the lowest price ever for the game. Lowest it has been on PS4 and Switch is $12 so this is a pretty good deal for the PC port which looks and plays beautifully at 4K/60fps from the bit I've played so far.
10 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2011
2953 posts
5321 upvotes
London, Ontario
The Newegg link takes you to the US site so if you did get the code from them it might be a region-locked US code and might not even work in Canada. I wouldn't risk that to save $1.37 because you could end up losing more than you'd save if you get a key that won't redeem.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
9856 posts
16274 upvotes
SoldierZeroB wrote: The Newegg link takes you to the US site so if you did get the code from them it might be a region-locked US code and might not even work in Canada. I wouldn't risk that to save $1.37 because you could end up losing more than you'd save if you get a key that won't redeem.
US/CAN, both will work together.

I don't recall any issues specifically within North America.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
8668 posts
5626 upvotes
Toronto
IDStorms wrote: US/CAN, both will work together.

I don't recall any issues specifically within North America.
True come to think of it I've bought keys from other US sites countless times and never had an issue. It's unlikely a US key wouldn't work in Canada as well. It's more a concern if you're buying UK/European keys.
Nov 26, 2008
325 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
I paid $7.49 on steam on their last sale (CAD)

Honestly, I would highly recommend this, especially if you got kids.

PC -> 1 xbox controller hooked up + my on the keyboard, great co-op, great storyline, and some hidden adult humour/references, 10/10 for sure.

(Pretty much GTA without the adult content :))
Nov 26, 2003
807 posts
1295 upvotes
Toronto
OP, thanks for this. I was able to purchase it from Newegg USA.

FYI, I used a USA shipping forwarding company's address to register on there years ago. Not sure if that helps checking out from Newegg.com
Images
  • Newegg.png
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
8668 posts
5626 upvotes
Toronto
BioRage wrote: PC -> 1 xbox controller hooked up + my on the keyboard, great co-op, great storyline, and some hidden adult humour/references, 10/10 for sure.
The game is chock full of references to old movies and TV from the 80s-90s and the entire prison chapter early on is basically a homage to Shawshank Redemption. It's easily the most relatable Lego game for adults and probably the one with the best puzzles and gameplay. I'm playing in 4K/60fps on a 65" with a X1 controller and it's so much better than I remember it being on WiiU. I think it got an upgrade because the graphics, textures, lighting and reflections look genuinely impressive.
eternity525 wrote: OP, thanks for this. I was able to purchase it from Newegg USA.
FYI, I used a USA shipping forwarding company's address to register on there years ago. Not sure if that helps checking out from Newegg.com
Nice this is a hell of a good game for $3.99USD and it's probably not going to get any cheaper than that on its own
Sep 17, 2016
53 posts
45 upvotes
It reminds me getting it for $10 on the wii u during Target fire sale. Great deal on a great game.
Sep 23, 2010
580 posts
1727 upvotes
T Dot
BioRage wrote: I paid $7.49 on steam on their last sale (CAD)

Honestly, I would highly recommend this, especially if you got kids.

PC -> 1 xbox controller hooked up + my on the keyboard, great co-op, great storyline, and some hidden adult humour/references, 10/10 for sure.

(Pretty much GTA without the adult content :))
Was actually thinking of buying it for this reason(kids). My oldest just finished the Lego Star wars saga and Lego Batman series on PS3 and he really enjoyed them. Is this a comparable game (let a alone the fact this is 10y newer)?

I was also thinking of buying xbx controllers to use on PC. Can this game be played completely only using xbx controllers? And can this be a 2 person game?

Tia
Nov 26, 2008
325 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
aquaman123 wrote: Was actually thinking of buying it for this reason(kids). My oldest just finished the Lego Star wars saga and Lego Batman series on PS3 and he really enjoyed them. Is this a comparable game (let a alone the fact this is 10y newer)?

I was also thinking of buying xbx controllers to use on PC. Can this game be played completely only using xbx controllers? And can this be a 2 person game?

Tia
Never played the Star Wars or Batman, but we played the ninjago, this one has open world, which I think is huge fact, you can travel anywhere and find hidden Easter eggs and missions to do! Definitely worth it IMO.

It is split screen on the PC, so you can play both on keyboard, or 1 xbox controller + 1 kb or 2 controllers