Students

Fanshawe vs Cambrian - Medical Radiation Technology

[OP]
Nov 23, 2013
1 posts

Fanshawe vs Cambrian - Medical Radiation Technology

Hi everybody, I am just looking for some advice in regards to the Medical Radiation Technology program at Fanshawe College and Cambrian College. Currently I am a University student at Queen's University and I am looking at applying to Pre-Health at Cambrian and Fanshawe with the hope of getting into their MRT programs. If anyone has any information regarding these programs it would be greatly appreciated. Such as: if one school is easier to get into or if one is more highly regarded?

Also, I have never been to Sudbury or London so I am just curious as to what student life would be like in these cities?

Of the people who are attending these MRT programs now, is it true that they only accept students who have completed the pre-health program from their particular school?

Is it easy to get student housing in either of these cities as I will be requiring a place to live?

Does anyone know of any student housing blogs for either of these schools?

Thanks for any information you can help me with!
8 replies
Mar 21, 2013
13 posts
3 upvotes
London
I'm a first year MRT student at Fanshawe College. I know last year there was 1800+ applicants for 56 seats. Fanshawe is a highly competitive program but one of the most regarded. We do our placement at all of the major hospitals in the surrounding area. You do not require pre-health to be accepted for the program but you do need postsecondary education. They will take your last 12 marks and the average of your high school prerequisites. Fanshawe's acceptance is based on a point system and you usually need 160 points to get into the program. The student life is great in London and I know there is a lot of student housing in London.
Nov 24, 2011
25 posts
3 upvotes
Montreal
2nd year Cambrian student here. I would like to answer your questions in more depth but a better time for me would be in mid-December, after exams. Feel free to send me a PM around then.
Dec 1, 2013
1 posts
1 upvote
amurphy714 wrote: I'm a first year MRT student at Fanshawe College. I know last year there was 1800+ applicants for 56 seats. Fanshawe is a highly competitive program but one of the most regarded. We do our placement at all of the major hospitals in the surrounding area. You do not require pre-health to be accepted for the program but you do need postsecondary education. They will take your last 12 marks and the average of your high school prerequisites. Fanshawe's acceptance is based on a point system and you usually need 160 points to get into the program. The student life is great in London and I know there is a lot of student housing in London.
Hi, I am a student in pre-health now. I am worried about so many applicants, I want to come into MRT, and I don't know the definite requirement, I am sure I can get Aplus in Physics,and others are A except anatomy, I am not sure whether it's enough. Can you tell me some information? Thanks so much!!
Dec 4, 2013
6 posts
London
Hello
I'm a student currently in pre-health science, and Im interested in applying to MRT at Fanshawe.
I'm sorry that im not too familiar with the point grading system, so i would just want to know what does 160 points translate into percent grade? like is it a mid 80s, high 80s, or 90s?
Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance
alexlmac wrote: Hi everybody, I am just looking for some advice in regards to the Medical Radiation Technology program at Fanshawe College and Cambrian College. Currently I am a University student at Queen's University and I am looking at applying to Pre-Health at Cambrian and Fanshawe with the hope of getting into their MRT programs. If anyone has any information regarding these programs it would be greatly appreciated. Such as: if one school is easier to get into or if one is more highly regarded?

Also, I have never been to Sudbury or London so I am just curious as to what student life would be like in these cities?

Of the people who are attending these MRT programs now, is it true that they only accept students who have completed the pre-health program from their particular school?

Is it easy to get student housing in either of these cities as I will be requiring a place to live?

Does anyone know of any student housing blogs for either of these schools?

Thanks for any information you can help me with!
Sep 20, 2008
6 posts
Markham, Ontario, Ca…
nyx716 wrote: 2nd year Cambrian student here. I would like to answer your questions in more depth but a better time for me would be in mid-December, after exams. Feel free to send me a PM around then.
Hi, I was wondering if you could give me the textbook list for the 1st and second semester of the program. I want to see if I can handle the material in this program. Thanks
Nov 24, 2011
25 posts
3 upvotes
Montreal
sigalac wrote: Hi, I was wondering if you could give me the textbook list for the 1st and second semester of the program. I want to see if I can handle the material in this program. Thanks
Check your Inbox!
Feb 17, 2011
5 posts
Sorry to reply so late... it translates to being something like a mid to high 80's system. You certainly don't need 90's or all A+ grades to get in :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)