Tags:
[OP]
Dec 17, 2010
386 posts
174 upvotes

FANTUAN 40-50% OFF GVRD (YMMV)

Savings:
50% OFF
For the month of March, Fantuan is doing 40%-50% off select downtown restaurants. This is available for pick up (So no delivery fee). This list, I believe will change next week.

Street Auntie 50% OFF
Grand Chinese Restaurant 40% OFF
Liu Yi Shou 40% OFF
DaiKichi Sushi shop 40% OFF
Kosoo Korean Chicken & BBQ 40% OFF
Kosoo Korean Restaurant 40% OFF
JoongWon Restaurant 40% OFF
Chimec Fried Chicken 40% OFF
Ishow Kitchen 40% OFF
Weather Tea 40% OFF
Holy Chow 40% OFF
Gong Cha 40% OFF
Glorious Bao 40% OFF
Hula Poke 40% OFF
Happy Lemon 40% OFF
MDG Ma Dang 40% OFF
Bistro Sakana 40% OFF
On Yogurt 40% OFF
Bibiko Korean 40% OFF
Domo Sushi 40% OFF
Sushi GO 40% OFF

Stack this with their sign up bonus of a free bubble tea at Jen Ju Dan with code FREEBBT (Downtown location - Robson and Yaletown) and a $25 referral code (No sharing in this thread).
Last edited by MangoFruit on Mar 3rd, 2021 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
55 replies
Jul 15, 2018
578 posts
685 upvotes
Kind of off topic but my credit card had 5 charges from fantuan in surrey last week and i live in winnipeg, did whoever i had stealing my money off me atleast eat good?
[OP]
Dec 17, 2010
386 posts
174 upvotes
Nubby666 wrote: Kind of off topic but my credit card had 5 charges from fantuan in surrey last week and i live in winnipeg, did whoever i had stealing my money off me atleast eat good?
That sucks. I'm not surprised that it happened in Surrey. And they should be eating good hahaha. Fantuan mainly partners up with Asian restaurants.
Dec 12, 2009
562 posts
120 upvotes
well. if its pick up... probably better.. but their delivery service is horrific... and customer support.. non existent. its one app i've deleted.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2006
2276 posts
203 upvotes
Nubby666 wrote: Kind of off topic but my credit card had 5 charges from fantuan in surrey last week and i live in winnipeg, did whoever i had stealing my money off me atleast eat good?
Did you order from them at all? it's all billed to their headquarter in Surrey.
Jul 15, 2018
578 posts
685 upvotes
Stunt_101 wrote: Did you order from them at all? it's all billed to their headquarter in Surrey.
Never. Didn't even know what it is.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
1556 posts
1127 upvotes
BC
Interesting but hearing how someone who didn't even use them got hacked... Maybe think twice.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9872 posts
66528 upvotes
Ontario
you are not the only one. a few of my friends had charges from fantuan in Burnaby. all of them are in China for the past 5 months.

Something is fishy about this company. I would avoid it and their delivery fees and transaction fees and fantuan fees are more expensive than std or dd or ubereats
Costco is closed today (April 4th 2021) even in Quebec
Oct 1, 2017
45 posts
32 upvotes
I’ve actually read about several instances of other people having random credit card charges associated with Fantuan... what the heck?? Kind of alarming...

I’ve been using it in my city but hopefully nothing happens :/
Jul 15, 2018
578 posts
685 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote: you are not the only one. a few of my friends had charges from fantuan in Burnaby. all of them are in China for the past 5 months.

Something is fishy about this company. I would avoid it and their delivery fees and transaction fees and fantuan fees are more expensive than std or dd or ubereats
Ya, nothing else was supicious or charged to my credit card just this company and i am very careful with my cards and info and don't fall for phishing sites/scams. Very weird. Actually i was mistaken, mine were also charged in burnaby fantuan as well. When i looked on the website to check they were located in surrey but my charges were at burnaby fantuan. Someone must be running quite the fraud operation over there
Last edited by Nubby666 on Mar 2nd, 2021 12:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
[OP]
Dec 17, 2010
386 posts
174 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote: you are not the only one. a few of my friends had charges from fantuan in Burnaby. all of them are in China for the past 5 months.

Oh dang that really sucks. I've used them for over a year now and I haven't gotten sketch charged yet. I just know that they are being used at pretty much all Asian restaurants. I only order from them when there is a sale hahaha.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
4979 posts
4024 upvotes
m6life wrote: well. if its pick up... probably better.. but their delivery service is horrific... and customer support.. non existent. its one app i've deleted.
how so? i use it in GTA and find their delivery service great and definitely better than uber (no multi stops) and they've called me a couple of times (once was to remind me to go pick up my food before restaurant closes and another was when restaurant didn't acknolwedge order

what issues have you had? they also have lowest fees which is fixed $1.50 and not 10% like DD or UE
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
4979 posts
4024 upvotes

their fees are way cheaper than UE or DD

fantuan service fee is flat $1.50... way cheaper than the 10% of UE or DD. their delivery fee is distance based...it's $2.99 for 7km or less, then it goes up by $2 increments by distance

Here are a few orders I've gotten delivered from them. You can see service charge is flat $1.50 ..way cheaper than DD or UE who have 10% service fee and if below $12 (or $15?), UE charges extra $2 for small order (I think DD does too but don't rmb)

UE also charges you the service fee based on full value of order before any coupons/discounts and tax on full value as well. Fantuan has flat rate service fee and their taxes are charged on discounted value of order unlike UE
Screenshot_20210302-010114_Fantuan Delivery.jpg
Screenshot_20210302-010329_Fantuan Delivery.jpg
Last edited by StatsGuy on Mar 2nd, 2021 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
18847 posts
2118 upvotes
My wife uses Fantuan a lot and I haven't noticed any sketchy charges yet. However, their service can great occasionally but terrible other times. Food can sit waiting for 40 minutes and getting cold before a driver picks it up and they drive around town before dropping it off. We've actually had a driver pick up ice cream last summer and did some detours probably doing 2 other deliveries before dropping of our order.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Jul 27, 2017
189 posts
233 upvotes
Keep your eyes peeled. I pulled up Daikichi Japanese restaurant's online menu for a quick price comparison since it's a place I know.

Dynamite combo:

Fantuan: $16.53 original price, $9.92 after 40% off
Restaurant: $10.75.

Tuna and Salmon Combo:
Fantuan: $16.53 original price, $9.92 after discount.
Restaurant: $11.75

I literally LOL'd at Fantuan's markup. $16.53 for tuna and salmon combo? Might as well add a few bucks and order Minami.

Although at the end of the day you are saving a bit of money but it's hardly "40%", not to mention this is pickup only (could just ring up the restaurant). If this pattern holds for the other restaurants, I wouldn't break my back trying to cash in on this deal.
Last edited by nochill on Mar 2nd, 2021 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
4979 posts
4024 upvotes
nochill wrote: Keep your eyes peeled. I pulled up Daikichi Japanese restaurant's online menu for a quick price comparison since it's a place I know.

Dynamite combo:

Fantuan: $16.53 original price, $9.92 after 40% off
Restaurant: $10.75.

Tuna and Salmon Combo:
Fantuan: $16.53 original price, $9.92 after discount.
Restaurant: $11.75

I literally LOL'd at Fantuan's markup. $16.53 for tuna and salmon combo? I can get better food at Minami for less.

Although at the end of the day you are saving a bit of money but it's hardly "40%", not to mention this is pickup only (could just ring up the restaurant). If this pattern holds for the other restaurants, I wouldn't break my back trying to cash in on this deal.
?? You do know it's restaurants who choose what price they enter right?

Have you ever used a delivery app? Seems like you haven't as you're totally clueless about who enters the price?

More like the restaurant you chose decided to massively markup their price in the apps, did you ask restaurant why they marked up way more than what fantuan charges them?

Eg here's one I've ordered from where the restaurant chose not to enter a markup price for fantuan
Screenshot_20210302-015556_Maps.jpg
Screenshot_20210302-015602_Fantuan Delivery.jpg
Last edited by StatsGuy on Mar 2nd, 2021 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 27, 2017
189 posts
233 upvotes
StatsGuy wrote: ?? You do know it's restaurants who choose what price they enter right?

Have you ever used a delivery app? Seems like you haven't as you're totally clueless about who enters the price?
Why do I care who enters the price? They can price it at whatever they want. All I'm saying is the "40%" in the app is not as sexy as claimed. You are still saving money but not all that much.

Sure, do delivery and pay the fee if you like, my point still stands.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
4979 posts
4024 upvotes
nochill wrote: Why do I care who enters the price? They can price it at whatever they want. All I'm saying is the "40%" in the app is not as sexy as claimed. You are still saving money but not all that much.

Sure, do delivery and pay the fee if you like, my point still stands.
Only for your particular restaurant who chose to inflate their price to discount it, so has nothing to do with the app if they choose to be sketchy that way

Has nothing to do with fantuan . Eg look at what I just posted, no markup but still 30% discount from app on same price as menu in restaurant
Jul 27, 2017
189 posts
233 upvotes
StatsGuy wrote: Only for your particular restaurant who chose to inflate their price to discount it, so has nothing to do with the app if they choose to be sketchy that way

Has nothing to do with fantuan . Eg look at what I just posted, no markup but still 30% discount from app on same price as menu in restaurant
That's why I said "keep your eyes peeled", and "if the pattern holds" for other restaurants then it's not a great deal. Seems like a reasonable reminder, no?

Not sure why you are so quick to jump to conclusions and jump out to defend FT when I'm not even dissing them, seems a bit sus to me.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)