Expired Hot Deals

[Shoppers Drug Mart] Far Cry 5 - SDM deal - $25 GC with purchase.

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 30th, 2018 10:40 am
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
1768 posts
1090 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ratatapa wrote:
Mar 27th, 2018 9:35 am
How do you see coupons in the app? All i see is Provigo stuff
The bonus point offer could be targeted
I have a offer via text today, 8000 pts on $30 spent, probably targeted as well
Mar 17, 2013
68 posts
15 upvotes
ON
LostSoul95 wrote:
Mar 27th, 2018 3:42 pm
I’m not sure why it would do that. Here is my receipt if it helps.
Yep exactly how mine worked as well. I got mine from Dundas St in Whitby. No copies left there though I got the only one for xbox
Dec 1, 2013
219 posts
175 upvotes
So even if the points don't go through, or they don't allow you to use, you can call customer service and get the points added. Is that correct? would customer service be able to see the transaction, and award points?
Mar 17, 2013
68 posts
15 upvotes
ON
ThomasocnuR wrote:
Mar 27th, 2018 5:35 pm
So even if the points don't go through, or they don't allow you to use, you can call customer service and get the points added. Is that correct? would customer service be able to see the transaction, and award points?
As long as you scanned your card then yes, you should be able to call and they will just adjust the points balance
Oct 27, 2016
83 posts
21 upvotes
Vancouver
Got this at the SDM in North Van at by capilano mall...took a lot of finesse though, originally it subtracts the $25 GC price from the total so that I couldn’t get the 25,000 points then I showed them the receipt from this thread and the promo code, they tried but their system wouldn’t allow it to go through ...after they made a phone call they got walked though how to do it and I got it.

Paid about $90 with tax but got the $25 GC + 25,000 points

Cheers OP
The Greatest Internet Poster of All Time
Feb 14, 2017
53 posts
31 upvotes
La Prairie, QC
No luck for me. Bought the game and got the 25$ applied to the purchase. But the cashier didn't event have the option to add the coupon for the 25,000 points. So I called PC Optimum when I came home, waited for 35 minutes before someone answered (damn..) and finally they didn't want to apply the 25,000 points to my account because, according to PC Optimum terms that they checked, they cannot add point on a transaction where a gift card was used.

But anyway, got the game for 67$ tax in, so not bad for a day one purchase. Thanks OP!
Apr 7, 2007
613 posts
138 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Scored the deal. Went down like this:

1. Ask cashier for Far Cry 5
2. If they have it, show your PC Optimum card and also the Flyer showing the free gift card
3. Cashier will scan the game and the $25 gift card and apply a $25 discount for the gift card
4. After that is done, say "I think I have a coupon" then show the email with the 25K bonus points
5. Cashier will enter the promotional coupon
6. Pay

The Beacon Hill location in Calgary had the game. Not sure how many they had in stock, forgot to ask :(
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
3603 posts
2190 upvotes
Toronto and London
I was able to get Giftcard, 25K, and my 8k on $30 or above purchase all stacked. In total, 33810k points and a $25 GC!

Amazing deal.
Last edited by RiftOfChaos on Mar 27th, 2018 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2011
3603 posts
2190 upvotes
Toronto and London
djwalsh3000 wrote:
Mar 27th, 2018 10:17 am
Wow what a rollercoaster ride! Ended up getting Far Cry 5 for an effective price of <$32.89 after tax:

1. Got the $25 gift card
  2. Cashier wouldn't apply the 25k point coupon (said I could have either the gift card or the 25k points)
  3. Bought anyways, assuming the 22.5k bonus point coupon from my mobile app would apply
  4. Receipt showed a 10k point bonus (no idea why) but no 22.5k bonus
  5. Called PC Optimum support and they applied the 22.5k point coupon retroactively
  6. $25 gift card + 10,000 point bonus + 22,500 point bonus = $57.50 redeemable (more for super redemption days)
  7. $90.39 (after tax) - $57.50 = $32.89 effective price for Far Cry 5 on release day :O

YMMV on having mobile offers/stacking coupons & gift card/getting coupons applied retroactively, but holy crap what a great deal when the stars align!!!

Thanks OP, smoking hot deal!
isnt option 6 and 7 either or but not both?

the way you rationalize the cost, either you saved 57.50 immediately or better yet, use that for a redemption (but price of the game is still $90+).
Apr 7, 2015
457 posts
296 upvotes
Vancouver Island
stevstevd wrote:
Mar 27th, 2018 5:12 pm
Do you mean plus 56000 points, and minus 170000 points? You must have had to redeem to get for 280.
Nope, he means $280 - there was a price error last year.
Mar 25, 2018
3 posts
Alberta
LostSoul95 wrote:
Mar 27th, 2018 3:02 pm
Got my copy from Taunton & Harmony with $25 GC and 25,000 points. I think they still had a lot of copies, I might have been the first one to get the game from this location.

The 25k points offer didn't work at first because the cashier forgot to scan my PC optimum card first so he scanned it and entered the coupon code again and it went through without a problem.

If you come across a cashier that says the points coupon cannot be used with the $25 GC or if they're unsure about it, make sure to show them the coupon there are instructions right under the promo coupon ID for the cashier to enter and it will go through.

LostSoul95 is bang on with this. I went in twice and bought both copies they had at two different times today. First time I hadn't seen LostSoul95's comment and the cashier could not apply the 25k points, only give me the GC. After being at work and seeing the above comment, I went back again and bought the second copy, this time walking the cashier through the instructions on the coupon and she gave me both the 25k points and the GC. I will call Optimum tomorrow to see if they can retro the first purchase.
Nov 9, 2010
686 posts
792 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
RiftOfChaos wrote:
Mar 27th, 2018 9:00 pm
isnt option 6 and 7 either or but not both?

the way you rationalize the cost, either you saved 57.50 immediately or better yet, use that for a redemption (but price of the game is still $90+).
You're right, I still paid $90.39 out of pocket. The way I rationalize it, that $57.50 will be spent on things that I will need to buy anyways. So in the end I will have spend $90.39 total, but will have gotten $57.50 worth of stuff I was going to get anyways. That's equivalent to having spent $32.89 on Far Cry 5 and $57.50 on essentials.

Another way to look at it is getting $147.89 worth of stuff for $90.39, or about 39% off everything.

Mental gymnastics allow you to justify purchases in many different ways. It's a beautiful thing!
PSN/XBL/Steam/Origin: djwalsh3000
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2006
3152 posts
273 upvotes
Wallboy wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2018 9:43 pm
Well I was speaking more about those who own a gaming PC already. Besides exclusives for consoles, I don't see why one would choose the console version if it's available for PC.

And yes I wouldn't recommend building a gaming PC right now with all the mining shenanigans going on. Though when the collapse of that happens (and will happen), there will be a lot of cheap GPUs popping up on Kijiji/Craigslist.

All comes down to traffic of gamers. There aren't many PC gamers put there these days. Most of my friends are on consoles, unless more games copy fortnite's cross platform feature, then it would make sense investing on a gaming PC.
====================================
Mar 31, 2008
716 posts
427 upvotes
Airdrie
I picked it up with the $25 gift card yesterday. I had a 10k points on $50 purchase on my account which added automatically. The cashier said he couldnt enter the 25k because of that one.

I took it and sent in a points inquiry, hopefully they'll top me up 15k points.
Dec 1, 2013
219 posts
175 upvotes
I ended up getting the game last night, and I might have actually made money from buying it because of their error. I used the $25 gift card, 25k points bonus, and the 8k points bonus. The error they made was the cashier forgot to add points, so they had to refund me, but they messed up and refunded me the total BEFORE the $25 gift card. Checked my bank today and sure enough, got an extra $25 when they refunded my initial purchase. For a total of ~$85 off.