• Dec 5th, 2019 9:17 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
6573 posts
3644 upvotes
Aurora

[Farm Boy] Beyond Meat Beyond Burger $7.99 per pack BOGO = $4 each pack

Sorry, a bit late to report on this but Farm Boy has a buy one get one free special this week until Wed Dec 4 for packages of the Beyond Burger. $7.99 for TWO packages (2 burgers each package) = $4 per pack.

I've never tried them, but for those who like Beyond Meat ...
Capture.PNG
Last edited by DiceMan on Dec 2nd, 2019 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
35 replies
Jul 17, 2007
477 posts
689 upvotes
Montreal
Thanks for sharing gonna scoop some after work tomorow
THE HARDEST THING ABOUT SALES,IS KNOWING WHERE NOT TO WASTE TIME
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
6573 posts
3644 upvotes
Aurora
In4mer514 wrote: Thanks for sharing gonna scoop some after work tomorow
+1 - it seems like a good price point for me to give these a try and see what the hype is about.
Mar 20, 2005
436 posts
127 upvotes
Ottawa
These freeze well too, so could stock up. Rarely see them on sale at such a deep discount.
Sep 4, 2015
275 posts
245 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Have been waiting for them to go on sale. Glad to hear they freeze and thaw well
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2016
1624 posts
2384 upvotes
Deal wise.... its a great price.. 4$ a pack sur beats the 6.99$ locally.
However, am not a fan of the product...there's an overwhelming spice which I can't identify that just ruins it for me.

+1 to the OP for the effort.

Cheers, KH
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2009
1024 posts
360 upvotes
Toronto
Where can I buy Beyond Burgers in downtown Toronto?? Like, not a restaurant, "raw" like this.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
6573 posts
3644 upvotes
Aurora
drew4008 wrote: Where can I buy Beyond Burgers in downtown Toronto?? Like, not a restaurant, "raw" like this.
Farm Boy has a store at Leslie and Lake Shore that would be closest to downtown. Otherwise, Loblaws stocks them at normal price.
Jan 22, 2019
315 posts
237 upvotes
I had this recently but used it for spaghetti. Surprisingly, this stuff was incredible. Still not healthy it's super cool.
Jul 31, 2019
157 posts
175 upvotes
These are tasty, but be warned! Your gut may cause you distress after. These give me the worst gas ever, and my friend has the same issue. Pea protein just doesn't sit well for us, it's horrible. Sorry for the TMI but I'm guessing it may be a common thing since the only other person who I know tried these also had the same gut issue as me.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
6573 posts
3644 upvotes
Aurora
EarthViews wrote: I had this recently but used it for spaghetti. Surprisingly, this stuff was incredible. Still not healthy it's super cool.
sabrunkas wrote: These are tasty, but be warned! Your gut may cause you distress after. These give me the worst gas ever, and my friend has the same issue. Pea protein just doesn't sit well for us, it's horrible. Sorry for the TMI but I'm guessing it may be a common thing since the only other person who I know tried these also had the same gut issue as me.
Do they actually taste like meat hamburgers?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
6573 posts
3644 upvotes
Aurora
LOL, I had a feeling this could be divisive. Downvotes! Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Jul 2, 2011
55 posts
19 upvotes
Thornhill
Aside from all the canola oil, the ingredients seem pretty good (assuming your gut can process pea protein, of course). Judging by the nutrition info, I'd estimate 2/3 of the fat is from canola, or 40% of the calories. Coconut oil is pretty good; too bad they couldn't have gone with more of that. Definitely don't want to eat a canola burger, lol.

And yeah, I expect the canola oil issue to be divisive too.
Dec 15, 2009
299 posts
264 upvotes
Great deal. Let's just leave it at that...
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6623 posts
2717 upvotes
Canada
Great deal, wish I had a farmboys here
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
9151 posts
3405 upvotes
DiceMan wrote: Do they actually taste like meat hamburgers?
Lol, no. You can't fake meat, IMO.

That being said, they are still pretty tasty and make a good burger. There is just no way I could ever in a blind test confuse them for meat.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2007
1123 posts
711 upvotes
London, ON
https://www.beyondmeat.com/about/our-ingredients/

https://www.beyondmeat.com/products/the-beyond-burger/

Ingredients

Water, Pea Protein Isolate*, Expeller-Pressed Canola Oil, Refined Coconut Oil, Rice Protein, Natural Flavors, Cocoa Butter, Mung Bean Protein, Methylcellulose, Potato Starch, Apple Extract, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Vinegar, Lemon Juice Concentrate, Sunflower Lecithin, Pomegranate Fruit Powder, Beet Juice Extract (for color)

*Peas are legumes. People with severe allergies to legumes like peanuts should be cautious when introducing pea protein into their diet because of the possibility of a pea allergy. Our products do not contain peanuts or tree nuts.
Oct 19, 2015
994 posts
1379 upvotes
Vancouver
A&W Beyond Burgers 50% coupon still works, for those who don't want to cook.

Apr 13, 2010
201 posts
325 upvotes
I don't know what conspiracy theory websites the canola haters are getting their information from, but it's actually one of the healthiest oils you can cook with, second only to flaxseed oil in terms of the ratio of omega-3 to omega-6 fatty acid content. It's close to olive oil, but with slightly less saturated fat and oleic acid, a bit more polyunsaturated fat (omega 3 and 6, in other words), and a better 3 to 6 ratio. See Wikipedia for details.

To be clear, I have no vested interested in promoting it, and I actually prefer olive oil, personally, but I don't like seeing misinformation perpetuate itself without anyone correcting it.

As for the Beyond Burgers, they nailed the taste pretty well, and almost nailed the texture. It's easy to feel the difference if you're looking for it, but it's not immediately obvious that they're not meat if you haven't been told to look out for it. I'd recommend trying them at least once, they're way closer than traditional veggie burgers.