Tags:
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
16999 posts
6877 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario

Are Fast FC04 crap?

My buddy @McLaren__F1 says they're crap Kijiji replica wheels and wanted me to post to ask. Are they crap? Thinking Face
RFD is love. RFD is life.
16 replies
Deal Guru
Sep 13, 2007
10552 posts
5878 upvotes
Toronto
geokilla wrote: My buddy @McLaren__F1 says they're crap Kijiji replica wheels and wanted me to post to ask. Are they crap? Thinking Face
I just said they are “rep wheels“ that’s all.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
31902 posts
18903 upvotes
Toronto
If you use them for general usage, then they are fine. They are just flow form wheels made in Taiwan or China
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
4627 posts
4880 upvotes
GTA
I'd say that FAST wheels are average quality aftermarket. Not crap, but not high quality either.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
16999 posts
6877 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
booblehead wrote: If you use them for general usage, then they are fine. They are just flow form wheels made in Taiwan or China
I'm tracking them and it's one of the 2 that are hub centric.

Most wheels are made in Taiwan or China. All depends on the factory.
RFD is love. RFD is life.
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12427 posts
2145 upvotes
GTA
geokilla wrote: I'm tracking them and it's one of the 2 that are hub centric.

Most wheels are made in Taiwan or China. All depends on the factory.
that escalated quickly
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
31902 posts
18903 upvotes
Toronto
If tracking, I suggest to take a look at enkei as well
May 24, 2008
296 posts
233 upvotes
Mississauga
They are not the greatest, but they are more than enough for daily use. Also know a few who use on track/autox and they held up fine
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
13104 posts
4706 upvotes
Ontario
I have used them for 2 winters & they have been great. Just got them re balanced and got a wheel that's no longer perfect but then again they are cheap enough that i can just replace it & its not to expensive. I know guys who have used them as racing wheels and they have been good.

They are well made wheels and better then a lot of knock offs & if you damage one then you can replace it and it wont b that expensive.
Images
  • IMG_1575 2.JPG
Deal Guru
Dec 2, 2008
12427 posts
2145 upvotes
GTA
sickcars wrote: I have used them for 2 winters & they have been great. Just got them re balanced and got a wheel that's no longer perfect but then again they are cheap enough that i can just replace it & its not to expensive. I know guys who have used them as racing wheels and they have been good.

They are well made wheels and better then a lot of knock offs & if you damage one then you can replace it and it wont b that expensive.
Golf R. how to get on that level?
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2016
2592 posts
1498 upvotes
Ontario
They are slightly above average aftermarket wheels. I used a couple sets (different style, same brand) for winter wheels on two cars and they lasted fine till car was gone and still looked good. Better finish then some of the aftermarket stuff I saw while looking...
Last edited by IcarusLSC on Jul 21st, 2020 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
·Ï¢årµ§·
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
4113 posts
4317 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
They're great DD wheels, but wont win any awards. They're light and cheap with direct hub centre fit for VW's in certain sizes (I did not want to use hub rings/adapters). I'd definitely put them above the usual replica boat anchor wheels. I have the really cheap replica wheels for my winters and they are noticeably way heavier and worse paint quality than the FC04 despite being only slightly cheaper. If my memory is correct I paid about $500 for the set of 17x7.5 cheap replicas, and about $700 for the FC04's.

Neuspeeds are a better direct fit option but they're considerably more money.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33252 posts
15103 upvotes
These are flow-formed, I don't know how they could be considered crap? Unless the paint is terrible (but not as evidenced by the winter photos), or they have no QC or quality standards, but doesn't seem likely.