Tags:
[OP]
Mar 25, 2010
86 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto

FASTEST PCR Test in Ontario?

Hi all -

I'm losing my mind a bit trying to find a solution to this travel dilemma for our group of 6.

We need a test 48-hours before arriving at our destination, but our total flight time is 30-hours.

The airline won't let us board without evidence of the PCR test, so we have a 14-hour window in Toronto to get a PCR sample taken and results delivered (flying at 10:30pm).

Does anyone happen to know a place in Toronto that can provide test results same-day?

I've seen a few websites that say same-day if the sample is taken before noon, but they've followed up to say that they cannot guarantee it. There is an express option (3-6 hours), but it's insanely expensive, $350 ($2100 total).

I'm super lost, hoping there's a clinic with reliable produced test results in 6-8 hours or so that someone can share.

The most frustrating part is that the airline and the embassy have given completely different information throughout the last week regarding requirements and what's necessary.

Thank you!
7 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1551 posts
428 upvotes
What country are you flying into? Most countries with the negative PCR test requirement have a 72-hour or 96-hour window.

To my knowledge, any kind of rapid PCR test is going to cost an arm and leg (as you have already found out)
Jun 8, 2019
92 posts
73 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario
Agree - haven't seen any that guarantee such a short-turnaround time in the GTA. I'm also curious to understand which country requires testing within 48 hours and measures from your arrival time? Would the destination accept antigen testing, or is PCR the only allowed test?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2005
5144 posts
1787 upvotes
Mississauga
This doesn't sound right. What country/airline is this so we can verify the info. Are you transiting through another country that is causing the window to be so small?

Though not guaranteed, both SDM and Switchhealth have gotten my results by 2am the next morning.
Apr 25, 2011
339 posts
169 upvotes
48 hours doesn't sound accurate, and even if it is, it should be 48 hours from boarding the flight, not 48 from when you actually land in the country.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2005
6372 posts
1894 upvotes
ticky wrote: 48 hours doesn't sound accurate, and even if it is, it should be 48 hours from boarding the flight, not 48 from when you actually land in the country.
Yeah, the 48/72 hour PCR test result is for boarding... not the time of arrival to the destination country.
Dec 25, 2006
312 posts
95 upvotes
All priority PCR tests are expensive. I recently had one done with Swiftclinics and they were able to get me results in a few hours. It was expensive but saved my last minute travel plans.
Oct 17, 2004
830 posts
501 upvotes
Toronto
Although OP has not detailed their itinerary...

I predict you have long stopovers to get to that long travel time... you likely can do a second test in your transit cities to make up for 'export of your first test.
I'm too poor to buy crap

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)