• Feb 19th, 2018 4:35 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
18599 posts
2978 upvotes
9347934 downvotes

Fatburger 1/4lber combo w/cheese+bacon $9.49

Since a burger combo at McD or anywhere else is usally $9 or so, this is the best fast food value out there given that Fatburger has better quality than true fast food places.

You can upgrade to a normal patty, but it's $2.50 and probably not worth that just to go from a 1/4lb to 1/3lb.

I heard an ad on the local radio so I don't know if it's nationwide.

Adding to the value, if you buy 7 burgers the 8th one is free. (Just the burger is free but you can add on the combo for $)

This is better than thier old value menu because you get a regualar sized fries instead of the dinky small one on the value menu.
Last edited by i6s1 on Feb 18th, 2018 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
14 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3780 posts
2701 upvotes
Toronto
How does it compare to Five guys?
FreezingCanada wrote: We voted him in as God of RFD last month. Where were you during elections...?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
18599 posts
2978 upvotes
9347934 downvotes
CoolDudeClan wrote: How does it compare to Five guys?
I think 5 Guys is a little better but its more money. It's $14 or so for a single bacon cheezeburger, fries and a drink there.

Fatburger has better service - they bring out your food while 5 Guys calls your number and hands you a take-out bag. Fatburger also has a far better menu overall. You can get chicken strips, poutine, avacado as a topping, etc. 5 Guys is just beef burgers, fries, and hot dogs.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2011
1209 posts
955 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone try it with any luck?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
18599 posts
2978 upvotes
9347934 downvotes
I had it for lunch today. Langley location.

And its on thier facebook page. Looks national.

Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
29131 posts
9669 upvotes
Are there any in the GTA anymore? Looks like the one in Thornhill closed down and nothing on the locator within 100km radius... Was way too expensive (back when I went there anyway) and not all that impressive. Looks like by the time they had any deals they closed down, lol.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2525 posts
262 upvotes
Winnipeg
Decent Deal...we quite enjoy FatBurger and usually get off the value menu. Add some seasoning to the fries though, they are pretty bland.

As for 5 Guys vs FatBurger, I like 5 Guys more. More toppings, juicier burger, we split a large fries and it usually comes out the same price for our family of 4 over FatBurger but we are more full at 5 Guys...plus the Peanuts are nice to snack on.

Hope the FatBurger deal stays around for a while.
Feb 25, 2015
926 posts
1135 upvotes
NB
It sounds awfully close to FatBergs

Google "Fatberg London". Bon appétit :)
"Stuff should not be multiplied without necessity"
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
2613 posts
1457 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Good opportunity for me to finally check out Fat burger.

I love Five Guys, so hopefully, this is similar or better.
Vancouver Spotify Premium Family Plan Available! $36/year! 1 Spot Left! PM for details!
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3037 posts
3380 upvotes
The one in Thornhill sucked (always dry and tasteless, despite the appetizing look) hence it closed. Not a good location either. I'm giving the new Greek place less than a year there.Not sure if that is representative of FatBurger as a whole, but I prefer A&W, Harveys, Wendys and even Mcds for the overall taste
Feb 21, 2014
430 posts
260 upvotes
Toronto
thelasthunter wrote: The one in Thornhill sucked (always dry and tasteless, despite the appetizing look) hence it closed. Not a good location either. I'm giving the new Greek place less than a year there.Not sure if that is representative of FatBurger as a whole, but I prefer A&W, Harveys, Wendys and even Mcds for the overall taste
A&W is so expensive now since the minimum wage increase, politics beside this aside unless you have a coupons not worth it.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2003
18599 posts
2978 upvotes
9347934 downvotes
brucered wrote:
Hope the FatBurger deal stays around for a while.
On till April.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2006
1337 posts
305 upvotes
thelasthunter wrote: The one in Thornhill sucked (always dry and tasteless, despite the appetizing look) hence it closed. Not a good location either. I'm giving the new Greek place less than a year there.Not sure if that is representative of FatBurger as a whole, but I prefer A&W, Harveys, Wendys and even Mcds for the overall taste
Surprisingly, McD's Mighty Angus is pretty good!
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10282 posts
2879 upvotes
nambit wrote: Surprisingly, McD's Mighty Angus is pretty good!
the problem with MCDS is that you will go back in a few weeks, craving that burger, and it will be cold, or not as tasty. the quality control is not there. I love MCDS when they are cooked good and fairly fresh off the grill. but that's like 2 out 10 visits, usually its cold/luke warm and underwhelming.

as for fatburger, our local one has been very consistant and good. its pretty expensive though when theres no deals on.