Favourite Burger Joint and why?????

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2019 3:22 pm
Banned
Jun 3, 2019
12 posts
10 upvotes

Favourite Burger Joint and why?????

Back in my country we didnt had so much options when it comes to burger joint but when i moved to toronto and its been few years now, i enjoy the options i get to choose from. But out of all the options the one that visit the most is Wendy's!!!! I mean their value menu is cheap and i just can't compare the test!!!! If i am feeling a little cheap then obviously its MacD!!!
What are your frequents and cheap thrills??
135 replies
Banned
Apr 5, 2013
5810 posts
3019 upvotes
keenland
Suzanne1234567 wrote: Back in my country we didnt had so much options when it comes to burger joint but when i moved to toronto and its been few years now, i enjoy the options i get to choose from. But out of all the options the one that visit the most is Wendy's!!!! I mean their value menu is cheap and i just can't compare the test!!!! If i am feeling a little cheap then obviously its MacD!!!
What are your frequents and cheap thrills??
cheap thrills...Johnny's Hamburgers Vic Pk/Sheppard....the special ..burger fries and pop for like $7 (about that , been a while)...I love the fries too
Last edited by Guest49293848 on Jun 7th, 2019 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2005
1749 posts
1361 upvotes
Suzanne1234567 wrote: What are your frequents and cheap thrills??
hooters

oh you mean burgers? It used to be the burger king whopper like 15 years ago. Also liked the mcchicken burgers at mcds but the last few times I had it, it was gross.
Personally I find home grilled burgers tasting the best.
Always hungry ;)
May 12, 2019
38 posts
16 upvotes
cardguy wrote: cheap thrills...Johnny's Hamburgers Vic Pk/Sheppard....the special ..burger fries and pop for like $7 (about that , been a while)...I love the fries too
i have seen that johnny's burger at vic park and sheppard lot of times but have been skeptical about trying it....how is it taste wise?
Banned
Apr 5, 2013
5810 posts
3019 upvotes
keenland
NyankoS75131 wrote: i have seen that johnny's burger at vic park and sheppard lot of times but have been skeptical about trying it....how is it taste wise?
kind of like a harveys...flame broiled commercual puck..they havew fried onions as a free topping and overall ok for $7..i been going for over 40 years
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
33237 posts
21168 upvotes
Toronto
NyankoS75131 wrote: i have seen that johnny's burger at vic park and sheppard lot of times but have been skeptical about trying it....how is it taste wise?
+1 on Harvey. really nothing special, IMO. If people rave about it, then it's just hype.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2017
1885 posts
1292 upvotes
Manitoba
George's, our local burger joint here in town will be #1, next will be A&W, then it will be a toss up between DQ and McD.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
Good burger - Love Burgers Priest in the GTA

Cheap Burger - Burger King Whopper all day long. Wendy's 1/4 Single is a close 2nd.
Aug 8, 2006
267 posts
147 upvotes
Halifax
A&W, find BK and Wendy's pretty bland these days.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2015
2243 posts
871 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC
This is an easy one for me, A & W.
Their Teen burgers are great and they've also come out with a new version, but I don't recall the name of it. It's as good or better than the regular Teen.
And they have good coffee and good root beer.
No political content in signatures (Who did I offend?)
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10717 posts
5521 upvotes
Toronto
A&W for ff burger.
Mama's Boys Burgers is the best burger I've had in TO. just discovered this place recently
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2007
2758 posts
858 upvotes
Whitby
Butchies in Whitby.
Peanut butter bacon burger with pickles and hot peppers. Side of fries and hushpuppies. Awesome.
Images
  • butchies.jpg
It's pronounced Throat Wobbler Mangrove
May 12, 2019
38 posts
16 upvotes
raymondly wrote: Butchies in Whitby.
Peanut butter bacon burger with pickles and hot peppers. Side of fries and hushpuppies. Awesome.
Oh Lord why does that sound so delicious, i mean peanut butter <3 bacon and pickles thats all my fav food in one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2005
4103 posts
362 upvotes
After a month of nothing but Baconators at wendy's my favourite burger would have to be from Swiss Chalet of all places but its now about $15 which is insane. 5 guys is also great too but a bit too greasy and the bun becomes a mess. Wendy's single burger is really good for something so basic.
Ephemera

Member since 2005.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2007
5654 posts
2168 upvotes
I don't eat burgers often but if I have to choose, definitely Fresh Burger. They take a no frills approach with an incredibly focused menu. Very unpretentious. The meat doesn't taste like processed glue. They are relatively cheaper than other burger chains serving similar quality burgers.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
4745 posts
4409 upvotes
Five Guys hands down. It is one of the best burger/fries chains in North America:

https://aht.seriouseats.com/2012/09/fiv ... chain.html
https://www.businessinsider.com/five-guys-review-2017-5
http://digg.com/2019/best-fries-ranking
https://www.thedailymeal.com/eat/americ ... -slideshow

OTOH, South Street is the second coming of Lick's (ugh)... Same concept but without the ice cream bar.

Hopefully Shake Shack expands here soon. Long overdue.
No chance of In-N-Out here, they prefer to stay close to home (meaning within 1 day drive of Los Angeles).
Last edited by EastGTARedFlagger on Jun 8th, 2019 11:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9001 upvotes
Toronto
South Street burger, 100% Angus beef, no fillers and all.
Grilled right in front of you.
Over 30 gourmet toppings &
Fresh hand cut Fries (made in house).
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
9926 posts
7090 upvotes
Mississauga
Not a burger joint per se but Union Social Eatery makes a great burger. Don’t think they have any locations outside the GTA though.