Off Topic

FBI data shows far more suspected terrorists are trying to get into the U.S. from Canada than from Mexico

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 24th, 2017 11:27 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8548 upvotes
GTHA

FBI data shows far more suspected terrorists are trying to get into the U.S. from Canada than from Mexico

Jana Winter Interview with Diana Swain
Diana speaks to a reporter who obtained FBI data showing far more suspected terrorists are trying to get into the U.S. from Canada than from Mexico. Watch The Investigators Saturdays at 9:30 pm ET (replays Sundays at 5:30 pm ET) on CBC News Network.

Anyone surprised?
8 replies
Mar 4, 2010
641 posts
16 upvotes
Mississauga
Why should we be ?
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
20001 posts
2824 upvotes
Niagara Falls
My God, what is going on with the lady being interviewed. That is one awkward looking interview.

That being said, I never got the impression from President Trump, that he wanted to build a wall at the Mexico border to keep out terrorist but rather that the wall is designed to keep illegal immigrants out.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
34149 posts
3891 upvotes
Winnipeg
^indeed, even he isn't crazy enough to propose a wall along the canadian border, it would be the 8th world wonder
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2003
4914 posts
758 upvotes
Calgary
I apologize for offending sensitivities of alt right, alt left, or anyone in the middle, for humor or perspectives, for my maturity and occasional errors. I apologize for misunderstandings on gender, religion, politics, race or deals.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2003
4914 posts
388 upvotes
Ancaster
Sure build the wall! I think it'd actually increase Canadian tourism LOL. And maybe it'll keep Americans out of Canada instead :P
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8548 upvotes
GTHA
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/02/23 ... 66540.html

Trump has brushed off idea of wall with Canada

One thing they likely didn't discuss: the U.S. building a wall with Canada. Trump has twice brushed off the idea in the past, and his spokesman, after an initial laugh with the White House press corps, avoided directly answering the question.

"I think the president understands our southern border is where we have more of a concern in terms of the number of people and the type of activity that's coming over there — in terms of the cartels, the drug activity," Spicer said.

"But that doesn't mean we're not paying attention to our northern border as well. We will continue to monitor and take steps necessary at our northern border to ensure the safety of all Americans."
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8548 upvotes
GTHA
Wall with Canada? White House spokesman and media share a laugh over question
We will continue to monitor and take steps necessary at our northern border,' Sean Spicer says. To read more: http://cbc.ca/1.3996911

Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
30637 posts
1548 upvotes
Fernando Poo
Always been this way. They should build that wall on the Canadian border and they can pay for it. Keep them contained (the American terrorists that is).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)