Expired Hot Deals

FC-Moto

FC-Moto Additional 10% off everything (except John Doe, SW-Motech, gift cards, and return labels)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 11th, 2021 7:47 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2011
1484 posts
4595 upvotes

FC-Moto Additional 10% off everything (except John Doe, SW-Motech, gift cards, and return labels)

Deal Link:
Retailer:
FC-Moto
This is a good deal because their newsletter offer is only for regular priced items, but this sale works on already reduced items: SSV2021. I've ordered racing suits and other gear from the before and shipping is fairly quick considering it ships from Germany. If you are buying gear that is in low-stock or out of stock, you'll have to wait a while for your order to ship, so just ask them to send you partial shipments of things that are already in-stock. DHL express self clearance is pretty painless - I will make a guide to it soon.

IMPORTANT: make sure you know your euro sizes because return shipping will be expensive
Thread Summary
Steps:

My shipment arrived in Canada today, I called DHL to request the forms that the customs office will need and they emailed me the forms within minutes (this is faster than requesting via online form). I went to a Customs Office (locations can by provided by the DHL rep on the phone or here: https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/do-rb/servi ... c-eng.html). Printed out 2 copies of the DHL forms, 1 copy of my invoice, and brought 2 gov't IDs to the Customs Office. Paid GST/PST on my items and got an invoice. Sent a picture of the document to codhold_ca@dhl.com.
9 replies
May 10, 2021
6 posts
83 upvotes
Just a heads up that ship with DHL and you might get taxed heavy !

Still comes out cheaper than Fortnine for a LOT of stuff
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2007
1003 posts
868 upvotes
Kingston
ebpodeals wrote: Just a heads up that ship with DHL and you might get taxed heavy !

Still comes out cheaper than Fortnine for a LOT of stuff
And still cheaper than UPS! With DHL you can also call them to self-clear customs and that will save the brokerage fees.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2004
1014 posts
422 upvotes
Montreal
I bought a set of paniers and the corresponding rack for my bike a few months ago.
Was way cheaper than getting them from a local store or even from Canadian online stores.

Shipped via DHL, no extra charges.
Sep 1, 2010
89 posts
26 upvotes
Vancouver
MaDgamEr wrote: And still cheaper than UPS! With DHL you can also call them to self-clear customs and that will save the brokerage fees.
Can I ask what you mean by self clear customs? I never knew you could do that. When do you call them?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2011
1484 posts
4595 upvotes
Trance82 wrote: Can I ask what you mean by self clear customs? I never knew you could do that. When do you call them?
https://mydhl.express.dhl/ca/en/help-an ... contact_us select 'self clearance' and you can avoid DHL fees and clear customs on your own - which is just paying tax.

You notify a courier you would like to self clear.
They send you some forms.
Take them to Canadian Customs.
Send the shopping carrier the completed forms after signed by Canadian Customs.
Sep 1, 2010
89 posts
26 upvotes
Vancouver
phoreoneone wrote: https://mydhl.express.dhl/ca/en/help-an ... contact_us select 'self clearance' and you can avoid DHL fees and clear customs on your own - which is just paying tax.

You notify a courier you would like to self clear.
They send you some forms.
Take them to Canadian Customs.
Send the shopping carrier the completed forms after signed by Canadian Customs.
Thanks a ton, I was about to make a big order with them for the first time!

I guess by doing this you are going to pay tax 100% of the time, and not get the chance avoiding the tax? Or do you request self clearance only after they've contacted you that you have to pay them?

Sorry if that's a dumb question, so far I've only ordered my helmet from abroad from Chromeburner and that just showed up at my door with no extra customs charges.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2011
1484 posts
4595 upvotes
Trance82 wrote: Thanks a ton, I was about to make a big order with them for the first time!

I guess by doing this you are going to pay tax 100% of the time, and not get the chance avoiding the tax? Or do you request self clearance only after they've contacted you that you have to pay them?

Sorry if that's a dumb question, so far I've only ordered my helmet from abroad from Chromeburner and that just showed up at my door with no extra customs charges.
Legit companies will always state the amount the goods are worth and you automatically get taxed the appropriate amount plus other fees if you don't self clear. It's only with private sellers that you can avoid paying tax if they send the goods listed as "gifts".

You want to self clear as soon as you have a tracking number.

You'll eventually receive a bill/invoice after you receive an item - if you don't self clear.
Sep 1, 2010
89 posts
26 upvotes
Vancouver
phoreoneone wrote: Legit companies will always state the amount the goods are worth and you automatically get taxed the appropriate amount plus other fees if you don't self clear. It's only with private sellers that you can avoid paying tax if they send the goods listed as "gifts".

You want to self clear as soon as you have a tracking number.

You'll eventually receive a bill/invoice after you receive an item - if you don't self clear.
Gotcha, thanks for the clarification!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2011
1484 posts
4595 upvotes
Trance82 wrote: Gotcha, thanks for the clarification!
Steps:

My shipment arrived in Canada today, I called DHL to request the forms that the customs office will need and they emailed me the forms within minutes (this is faster than requesting via online form). I went to a Customs Office (locations can by provided by the DHL rep on the phone or here: https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/do-rb/servi ... c-eng.html). Printed out 2 copies of the DHL forms, 1 copy of my invoice, and brought 2 gov't IDs to the Customs Office. Paid GST/PST on my items and got an invoice. Sent a picture of the document to codhold_ca@dhl.com.