[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2005
1135 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto

Feast of Dilli, Etobicoke Indian Restaurant

Hi guys,

Tried Feast of Dilli (indian restaurant on browns line in etobicoke) for the second time.

This is one of the first places i have thought of recommending. Seems to be run by 2 guys., who i ran into on browns line before it opened. Both were nice and i made sure they said they make all the food there.

My wife and I had take out both times.

Food both times was excellent. We do not normally eat indian, but i have been craving it for the last couple of months. We went to Tich and found it very good(albeit pricey). So when this place opened up i wanted to try it. Was very good the first time, but wanted it a second time to make sure it was not just a one time thing.

1st time take out we played safe to see what it was like.

Butter chicken-very good
Lamb Korma-Excellent(our fav of the meal)
Chana Masala - Average
We ordered the garlic naan bread both times(2 pieces the first time) and was delicious and garlicky.
Samosas - was average, not bad, not great.

Was about 45 bucks after tax. Fed us both and had 2 extra meals. We felt very satisfied for taste/price/amount

2nd time(just finished)

In addition to garlic Naan(3 breads :) ).
Rice - exactly what you would expect
Lamb vindaloo - very spicy, but in a tasteful way.
Chicken tikka Masala - very good, and much better then another Tikka Masala we had recently.
Lamb madras - Excellent and the standout. Rich sauce and tender lamb. Our fav of this meal.

We both agree both meals were excellent and was consistent. The sauce in the dishes are exquisite and rich, and we both loved it(enough for me to make a post!). Will do pics next meal.

I usually do not post anything unless i really like the place and want it to survive. Last time i think i posted about paul and sandy's bbq.

I would say it is definitely worth a try at least once.

Address is 378 Browns line, 6473484567

Let me know your opinions!
Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves.
Confucius

Heatware
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2010
7025 posts
1370 upvotes
Scarborough
We're usually pretty reluctant to order lamb or beef dishes at indian restaurants as the prices are high and portions very small, and half of those r bones. (and some places don't cook the meat well at all, all depends).

Usually we stick with chicken or get fried fish, alongwith plain Naans. Garlic naans are just overpriced same thing (with a hint of garlic paste on top), just paying more.

If you like Indian food, I suggest you try to watch youtube videos and make it at home, u will save a fortune! And have plenty to enjoy over 2-3 days
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2014
1427 posts
627 upvotes
Toronto, ON, CA
transitguy1 wrote: We're usually pretty reluctant to order lamb or beef dishes at indian restaurants as the prices are high and portions very small, and half of those r bones. (and some places don't cook the meat well at all, all depends).

Usually we stick with chicken or get fried fish, alongwith plain Naans. Garlic naans are just overpriced same thing (with a hint of garlic paste on top), just paying more.

If you like Indian food, I suggest you try to watch youtube videos and make it at home, u will save a fortune! And have plenty to enjoy over 2-3 days
The scent will also last for 2-3 days lol
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
8660 posts
2590 upvotes
Mississauga
It's nice to have some variety in that area. Thanks will try it out one day soon.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12039 posts
2644 upvotes
So I tired this place and for me it wasn't the greatest.

Good:
Cheaper than most Indian restaurants
Butter chicken - very good
Garlic naan - also very good

Bad:
Chicken Pakoras - bland and the cuts made for some oddly shaped pieces

Ugly Odd:
Lamb Biryani - This too was a bit bland, but the flavor seemed off to me. It wasn't like an biryani I've had before. I don't have extensive experience with different biryani, but this one had cashews. Maybe this is the difference between Chinese food and chicken balls... I dunno. It wasn't bad, just not what I was expecting. I would order it again (but with more spice).

Overall: Not everything is good, but what is good is great. I would go back.