Food & Drink

Feeling that I always am getting ripped off at Subway - you tell me.

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 25th, 2013 12:10 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Banned
Mar 5, 2013
271 posts
36 upvotes
Riel

Feeling that I always am getting ripped off at Subway - you tell me.

I haven't been at a subway for the past year, since they had the $3 breakfast deal egg flat bread with small coffee. But have been their 3 times in the 2 weeks.
I always order the combo meal flat bread breakfast, last time I didn't get the yogurt with my meal and asked to be a combo, received flat bread and coffee(was in a hurry, so didn't bother going back to get what they forgot to give me for my order).
Next time, ordered 1 of each avocado breakfast flat bread(sunrise&bacon egg) and asked them to be in a combo but received only 1 coffee and a muffin for $11.64. That seems a bit high for 2 six inch sandwiches on special but already complained about not getting the yogurt in my last combo(they did say they threw the muffin in for free), so didn't say anything about not getting the extra coffee and cookie or yogurt in the second flat bread combo.
Today I feel that I got totally gouged.
Ordered the Breakfast BLT on six inch flat bread for $2.80 and asked to be in a combo, so he added the coffee and asked for the apple slices be included in the combo. It came to a total of $7.55.
How does that add up to be in a combo? That means he charged me $2.22 for the apple slices? Isn't that around regular price for them? $1.79 then tax.
What should of it come out too in total if it was a combo deal?
14 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 5, 2006
5922 posts
154 upvotes
Murica
yes, as the one footer sandwhich really is 9 inches?
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2008
3047 posts
332 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Why not just buy 2 sandwiches? It'll still be cheaper than a combo lol
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2007
1765 posts
570 upvotes
You've let them mess up your order multiple times already and only questioned it once. I don't know how they could even do this in the first place, I'm either in front of the toppings while they're making my sub or at the till waiting to pay and I would surely notice if they didn't include something.

Unfortunately, I can't give you the exact price it should be, but I would be finding a new place to eat! I can tell you that most fast food places aren't setup to easily switch things in and out of the combos and some of the higher prices are probably due to them entering the items separately rather than as a combo.
Deal Guru
Feb 23, 2008
10552 posts
692 upvotes
Brampton
Didn't you get the coupons in the mail? Yes I feel ripped off because when I see their commercial on tv the sub is so big that it cannot fit on the screen. When I buy it man its so much smaller.
Lets Go Blue Jays!!!
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2009
3939 posts
691 upvotes
Aurora
You should go back tomorrow and see what happens! Keep us posted!
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
[OP]
Banned
Mar 5, 2013
271 posts
36 upvotes
Riel
I did go back. It seems each store is different from the next(they are francised after all!) as I couldn't order the avocado breakfast sandwich at one 20 mins away as it wasn't on their menu anymore but could at another.
I probably felt ripped off because I see there is a 3 inch and 6 inch version of this sandwich. Ordered the 3 inch the first time but all the other times must of not said which size I wanted so their standard is 6 inch.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2008
4244 posts
1610 upvotes
Subway is generally overpriced apart from the $5 footlongs
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2009
1420 posts
109 upvotes
Why wouldn't you check or confirm your order at the cash register?
Deal Expert
May 17, 2008
15134 posts
158 upvotes
It is pretty easy to make sure that they give you what you ordered before you leave. I mean, you ordered two coffees and yet you somehow didn't notice that you only had one until.....when?
Oct 23, 2011
367 posts
501 upvotes
Kirkland, QC
It gets annoying when they try extra hard to push their combo on you. Usually this happens when the manager is working the cash. They can keep their junk food all I want is the $5 sub.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13908 posts
2445 upvotes
Toronto
spookstaz wrote:
Oct 24th, 2013 12:03 pm
It gets annoying when they try extra hard to push their combo on you. Usually this happens when the manager is working the cash. They can keep their junk food all I want is the $5 sub.
It's called the upsell They love to do that to squeeze the extra $2.25 out of you. At least with a combo the beverage is self serve. Ask for a small cup.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 24, 2005
9454 posts
991 upvotes
N/A
spookstaz wrote:
Oct 24th, 2013 12:03 pm
how do they try extra hard?
every single time i was asked, it's a simply question on whether i would like to get the combo, and i say 'no thank you'. do they go into a speech about the benefits of getting a combo at the locations you frequent?
“Children see magic because they look for it.”