Fees and taxes on a new car

• Last Updated:
  • May 27th, 2018 3:41 pm
[OP]
Feb 20, 2006
436 posts
145 upvotes

Fees and taxes on a new car

I've never bought a car here in BC. I see that there are fees like PDI and AC and tire levies.
So do we pay taxes on those fees too?
Taxes on taxes? Sounds ridiculous to me
I went to car cost Canada and unhaggle to get some idea a out the price I should pay. Any other advice?
Thanks
2 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15137 posts
12229 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
et3rn1ty wrote: I've never bought a car here in BC. I see that there are fees like PDI and AC and tire levies.
So do we pay taxes on those fees too?
Taxes on taxes? Sounds ridiculous to me
I went to car cost Canada and unhaggle to get some idea a out the price I should pay. Any other advice?
Thanks
The most above straight forward new car buy experience we have ever had was recently with a Mazda Dealership
Everything was above board

We even double checked with another dealership to see if the pricing was similar
Only difference was a slight bit less for our trade in... everything else was identical

And of course trade in value is indeed Dealership specific, depending on what they think they can get for your used car

A very enjoyable experience overall... no back room shadiness with mystery numbers and hard pressure sales

Just an above board this is our car, this is yours ... X - Y = $ Z

Where X truly is a constant ... and not a moving target
[OP]
Feb 20, 2006
436 posts
145 upvotes
But is it true that we have to pay taxes on the fees? I just want to make sure that the salesperson wouldnt say that when it's not actually true

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)