• Jun 6th, 2021 12:35 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
4499 posts
1847 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON

Female hose thread for a PEX pipe?

Last year I ran a 3/4" PEX pipe underground from the exterior tap on the rear of my home to our garden. The plan was to transition them to copper underground before bringing that up to make a nice looking setup on either end. The house end to T in to the existing line and a proper faucet at the garden end. However life has been a little busier than planned this spring with a new puppy and other household chores. I know this project is not going to see proper completion this year but I do want to make the PEX line usable to setup a drip system in our garden. I ordered this for the garden end but I am having a hard time with the house end. Ideally I want to just get a female hose thread on the pipe so I can just attach to the existing faucet just as I would a garden hose as needed. Is this possible? I'm not usually one that works with plumbing at all so I'm not familiar with my options and having a hard time finding a fitting to accomplish this. Does it exist?

Ideally it is a tool free connection as I do not own any PEX tools. Any help is greatly appreciated.
3 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2003
4499 posts
1847 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
Thanks those seem to be what I need. I just need to change the second adaptor as the one you linked its 1/2" NPT and I need it to be 3/4" NPT. No idea why I was unable to figure these out myself. Thanks!
Those are all intended for a garden hose and my pipe is pex so I don't think would work reliably.