• Last Updated:
  • May 15th, 2018 4:30 pm
[OP]
Jul 15, 2009
211 posts
244 upvotes
Toronto

Fencing recommendations for GTA?

Part of my backyard fence blew over and I'm looking for recommendations for contractors to put up a new fence and gate. Anyone have any recommendations or idea how much it will cost?

I'm really tempted to do it myself, but digging out old concrete blocks and putting in new posts seems like a hell of a lot of work.

Also, is there any reason not to use post holder (like the one pictured below) to elevate the post out of the ground and prevent it from rotting (and also make it easier to replace if you ever need to)?

1 reply
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2005
1215 posts
354 upvotes
anatman wrote:
May 15th, 2018 10:41 am
Part of my backyard fence blew over and I'm looking for recommendations for contractors to put up a new fence and gate. Anyone have any recommendations or idea how much it will cost?

I'm really tempted to do it myself, but digging out old concrete blocks and putting in new posts seems like a hell of a lot of work.

Also, is there any reason not to use post holder (like the one pictured below) to elevate the post out of the ground and prevent it from rotting (and also make it easier to replace if you ever need to)?

I'm interested myself, was planning on doing it myself, but this concrete thing might be too much for me. I've been quoted $450 to replace a post and put back up the fence panel. Anyone have recommendations?