Jul 2, 2011
1 posts
1 upvote
BRAMPTON

Fender Pawn Shop Super Sonic Electric Guitar (Apple Red Flake) - $349.99 w/ FS

Deal Link:
Price:
$349
Fender Pawn Shop Super Sonic Electric Guitar (Apple Red Flake) - $349.99 with free shipping

9.5-in. Radius Rosewood Fingerboard
22 Medium Jumbo Frets
Maple Neck w/ Bullet-Style Truss Rod
Distinctive Reverse Body Design
2 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
2898 posts
1011 upvotes
Toronto
" Not eligible for Amazon Prime. Available with free Prime shipping from other sellers on Amazon.
In Stock.
Ships from and sold by Sam Ash.
This item does not ship to Toronto, Canad
a
Deal Guru
May 13, 2004
11301 posts
448 upvotes
Toronto
This thread was worth it for the chance to read the review. Thanks!
Amazon wrote:2 of 3 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars Fender bombs the reissue of one of their best designs., January 13, 2014
By Brian OX
This review is from: Fender Pawn Shop Super-Sonic, Rosewood Fingerboard, Apple Red Flake (Electronics)
I fell in love with this guitar just from the promos. My friend at Guitar Center had to special order one for me a couple times before they could receive it, apparently the stock was super low despite them delaying the release for months. When I picked up my brand new Supersonic, I dug it immediately, aesthetically anyway. For $800 and change it seemed to only have bought a nice sparkle finish, though. The tone was decent but thin, providing a cutting lead, but lacking in girth for rhythm playing or lower tunings. My biggest problem with the guitar was the hardware. Being constructed from half lefty parts and half righty parts, you could tell they were scrounging at the factory. I couldn't even get the pickguard or control plate off without stripping the cheap screws. I had to switch out the string tree just to hold a set of 11s, which actually snapped off the headstock all together. The mishmash of part American, part Mexican, lefty/right parts made the Supersonic next to impossible to play. I spent about three hours inspecting and setting up the guitar with no luck. With the high E hanging off the fretboard, it buzzed up and down the neck until the action was adjusted beyond a comfortable level. Though I wanted it to work out, I ultimately had to take it back to the store where I watched it sell and return multiple times. Six months later, it's still there. Turns out, they nicknamed it the boomerang, it always comes back. I took my money and bought an original, which plays way better, showing the difference between Japanese and Mexican Fender products. Too bad, that guitar really could have shaken some stuff up.