Expired Hot Deals

Fendrihan

Taylor of Old Bond Street Jermyn Street Shaving Cream for Sensitive Skin (150g) - $20

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 27th, 2021 1:01 am
May 4, 2021
20 posts
37 upvotes
Getting back on topic, I tried TOBS for the first time after years of using Proraso, and found it underwhelming. TOBS seems to require more water to lather, and does not feel as smooth as Proraso. The latter performs noticeably better for me, perhaps due to having more oil which protects the skin. TOBS just feels dry no matter how much or how little water I use. Also, the scent that I had - almond - was VERY artificial. Overall I would agree in saying this cream is probably a little overrated and overpriced. But if you're a regular user $5 off is a decent enough deal.
Nov 26, 2019
5 posts
1 upvote
Safety razor wtf

I switched from cartridge and aerosol to safety and soap and brush a few years ago, and never looking back. Slightly higher upfront cost( handle and brush cost me around $150) but in the long term, will save a ton of money.
I bought 100 DE Gillette silver blue razors from Amazon for $17, and a shave soap puck for $20. The handle and brush could probably last the rest of my life, and the soap usually lasts me two years. The blades can last me a decade at least.
More than anything, however, I enjoy the ritual. Warm towel to my face for a few minutes, lather up that soap, shave twice, and I'm good to go.
Oct 24, 2010
94 posts
100 upvotes
Great White North
toguy wrote: If you just want the lowest cost per shave, buy it and be done with it, then sure. But for many of us, it's not all about counting pennies and/or finding the absolute cheapest way to shave. While I am not one to 'collect' shaving software and / or have shelves full of the stuff, I would say that I like to have at least 1-2 'nicer' creams/soaps other than Arko to shave with every so often.

While I have yet to try this one out, I think I can confidently say that comparing Arko to these types of creams is like comparing a Corolla to a Mercedes.

Corolla to a Mercedes? Now that's funny. It is all subjective. I am not counting pennies and I don't want the lowest cost per shave, I want to enjoy my shave. And I enjoy it with Arko. I don't understand how you can say that you have not yet tried this one out, yet you are stating that it is a Mercedes compared to the Arko Corolla. Perhaps you ought to try it out AND THEN provide your honest opinion of it which will be much more useful to the community here.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
22913 posts
178183 upvotes
GTA
geetar1101 wrote: Corolla to a Mercedes? Now that's funny. It is all subjective. I am not counting pennies and I don't want the lowest cost per shave, I want to enjoy my shave. And I enjoy it with Arko. I don't understand how you can say that you have not yet tried this one out, yet you are stating that it is a Mercedes compared to the Arko Corolla. Perhaps you ought to try it out AND THEN provide your honest opinion of it which will be much more useful to the community here.
Hence why I said "these types of creams" rather than this specific one, meaning I have used similar creams and have noticed a definite difference when using them vs. the Arko.

I'm simply stating this is an option that happens to be on sale, but by no means am I saying it is the only one. And I agree with you that it's all subjective - if you enjoy Arko, keep using it. But for people who may not have tried anything other than that, don't knock something like this until you've tried it.
Apr 29, 2013
429 posts
621 upvotes
Candiac
cloudsuck wrote: Arko is unbeatable!
Just tried this because of your comment. Although it doesn't smell as good as some others (just smells like a fresh soap), it leathers up great and for me glides better than anything I have tried including Taylor of old bond street. It's also dirt cheap.

Thanks
Jun 12, 2007
949 posts
602 upvotes
mikebmt wrote: I'm getting a merkur 34C and some sample blades, and a styptic pen and going to give it a try.

How did $20 shave cream I didn't even want end up costing me this much?!
Oct 24, 2010
94 posts
100 upvotes
Great White North
toguy wrote: Hence why I said "these types of creams" rather than this specific one, meaning I have used similar creams and have noticed a definite difference when using them vs. the Arko.

I'm simply stating this is an option that happens to be on sale, but by no means am I saying it is the only one. And I agree with you that it's all subjective - if you enjoy Arko, keep using it. But for people who may not have tried anything other than that, don't knock something like this until you've tried it.

You say "don't knock something like this until you've tried it." yet you have not tried it. You've tried similar creams, but you've not tried "it". Hence my comment "Perhaps you ought to try it out AND THEN provide your honest opinion of it which will be much more useful to the community here." Saying "These types of creams" is like saying "These types of peanut butters" or "These types of socks". They are all different.