Automotive

Ferrari SF90 vs Rimac Nivera! Fastest car is...

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 2nd, 2021 10:21 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
3473 posts
1792 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Ferrari SF90 vs Rimac Nivera! Fastest car is...

Sorry Tesla MS plaid looks like it's not the fastest car now on the market...
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
14 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
29337 posts
15153 upvotes
Toronto
I could never understand why people are comparing "apples to oranges" for this kind of runs. :facepalm:

If they insist, then use a F15 fighter jet vs any fast electric cars. Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Sep 25, 2018
781 posts
1427 upvotes
booblehead wrote: I could never understand why people are comparing "apples to oranges" for this kind of runs. :facepalm:

If they insist, then use a F15 fighter jet vs any fast electric cars. Smiling Face With Sunglasses
They do these kind of runs because they know the sponsored car will win.

A fair comparison would be to enter the two cars into a touring car race, and of course, charging time will be included into the overall GT time.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2016
1825 posts
850 upvotes
Ontario
Yours for only $3.5+ million CDN ;)
I wonder what the wait time is for one of those...
·Ï¢årµ§·
Sep 26, 2016
124 posts
113 upvotes
Longueuil, QC
georgecantstandya wrote: +1

This is the modern equivalent of the fast horse vs. automobile races of the 1900s.
https://www.saturdayeveningpost.com/201 ... tomobiles/
Not really, racing is not straight line acceleration. There are a lot of other factors that affect "racing" performance, like turning, handling, brake ...
If 0-100 is everything, F1 season would be done in a week, when each race takes a few seconds
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4570 upvotes
Montréal
The prices are insane for both and obviously esp the Rimac but just shows how laughable retrogrouches are...EVs are only just beginning to be explored and nowhere near plateaued vs this top ICE (even w it being EV-assisted), which got destroyed. It's OVER.
Hard work, inheritance, interest on interest accumulating, and stock and real estate speculation. It's all good.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2015
1455 posts
1756 upvotes
Barrie, ON
tranquility922 wrote: The prices are insane for both and obviously esp the Rimac but just shows how laughable retrogrouches are...EVs are only just beginning to be explored and nowhere near plateaued vs this top ICE (even w it being EV-assisted), which got destroyed. It's OVER.
How can you get so triggered over such an awesome race? LOL, this is why I'll never leave this place.
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4570 upvotes
Montréal
mxthor3 wrote: How can you get so triggered over such an awesome race? LOL, this is why I'll never leave this place.
I think you read it wrong, not triggered at all, race was awesome, I just know there are some ppl who refuse change and I think they're just silly. EV is here.
Hard work, inheritance, interest on interest accumulating, and stock and real estate speculation. It's all good.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2015
1455 posts
1756 upvotes
Barrie, ON
tranquility922 wrote: I think you read it wrong, not triggered at all, race was awesome, I just know there are some ppl who refuse change and I think they're just silly. EV is here.
My bad. Ev is here, ICE is here, pick what you like and go to town :) I'd like to see that car on a set of slicks and a prepped track.. Unreal.
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4570 upvotes
Montréal
mxthor3 wrote: My bad. Ev is here, ICE is here, pick what you like and go to town :) I'd like to see that car on a set of slicks and a prepped track.. Unreal.
It's all good.

Which car? They're both sick.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2015
1455 posts
1756 upvotes
Barrie, ON
tranquility922 wrote: It's all good.

Which car? They're both sick.
The EV, that thing is next level. 8.62 on street tires on some unknown runway? lol. I'd like to see this go up against whatever Koenigsegg has up their sleeve
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19275 posts
2095 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
tranquility922 wrote: I think you read it wrong, not triggered at all, race was awesome, I just know there are some ppl who refuse change and I think they're just silly. EV is here.
Hey bud, out and out performance isn’t the be all, end all. Most f1 drivers would go back to the NA in a heartbeat.

That’s why Porsche is still making manuals for people who still crave the analog experience.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
8368 posts
6402 upvotes
Kitchener
Supercooled wrote: That’s why Porsche is still making manuals for people who still crave the analog experience.
I was unaware that you could get a Taycan in a manual.
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4570 upvotes
Montréal
Supercooled wrote: Hey bud, out and out performance isn’t the be all, end all. Most f1 drivers would go back to the NA in a heartbeat.

That’s why Porsche is still making manuals for people who still crave the analog experience.
True, I don't even consider drag racing to be a real performance indicator. Prefer handling way over straight-line (so I'd rather get a Miata over a bunch of muscle cars). However, this race is a sign of things to come (or already arrived).