Real Estate

Festival Condos Vaughan - where’s the hype?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2020 9:29 pm
Deal Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
7653 posts
2437 upvotes
Maple
deal_with_singh wrote: Can you clarify the question? Are you saying the steps as in from who gets closing first etc.? Or do you mean the time line between interim occupancy and final closing?
I was trying to ask, can the builder delay but the sequence they are allowed to take from tentative occupancy? My condo unit, the tentative occupancy Oct 23 but I am not even scheduled to choose colour/finishes yet.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
17408 posts
4206 upvotes
Toronto
aspiretobegreat wrote: With the Walmart moving away from the core VMC, what will replace it?
Distance wise from festival, its a 100m difference (1.1km at the new site vs 1km on the old site).

Whats replacing it? Condos and Towns
https://www.yorkregion.com/news-story/9 ... n-vaughan/
teoconca wrote: I was trying to ask, can the builder delay but the sequence they are allowed to take from tentative occupancy? My condo unit, the tentative occupancy Oct 23 but I am not even scheduled to choose colour/finishes yet.
Are we talking about Festival?
Real Estate Agent, MAcc, CPA, CA
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
3561 posts
2823 upvotes
DisneyKruze wrote: More condos, what else. Drove by the area earlier. The traffic is horrendous for a Sunday pm. Just poor planning along that stretch of Hwy 7. We needed more low rise housing, not more condos.
?? low rise housing results in more vehicular traffic trips

ground related housing is opposite of what we need from a service delivery, affordability and traffic perspective.
Jul 16, 2020
130 posts
23 upvotes
deal_with_singh wrote: Cornerstone that's leading the project is more so chinese dominant - and the chinese market is a large one where they have to be considerate of the potential buyers. The % mix in demographic of who's buying is not something I can comment on however. I do know that the number 4 doesn't sit well with chinese buyers/investors as I believe it means "Death".
is this solely a rental property ? most chinese brought it for rental, .
Jul 16, 2020
130 posts
23 upvotes
what about the highway 400, 401, 403, 407, what does those mean?
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
17408 posts
4206 upvotes
Toronto
Onlyuo wrote:
is this solely a rental property ? most chinese brought it for rental, .
For my own buyers, it’s 50-50. About half bought for personal use (2 bedroom buyers), and the other half for investment
Onlyuo wrote: what about the highway 400, 401, 403, 407, what does those mean?
I’m assuming you’re an international buyer? Or at least outside of or new to Ontario? These are Highway names in Ontario (highway might be called an expressway in some countries)
Jul 16, 2020
130 posts
23 upvotes
deal_with_singh wrote: For my own buyers, it’s 50-50. About half bought for personal use (2 bedroom buyers), and the other half for investment
I’m assuming you’re an international buyer? Or at least outside of or new to Ontario? These are Highway names in Ontario (highway might be called an expressway in some countries)
I know what those mean. Just that some Chinese are concern of the 4, but those wasn't the main factor.

Would Chinese avoid living at 14 floor at unit 1404?
Jul 16, 2020
130 posts
23 upvotes
Onlyuo wrote: I know what those mean. Just that some Chinese are concern of the 4, but those wasn't the main factor.

I doubt
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
44320 posts
4893 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Onlyuo wrote: I know what those mean. Just that some Chinese are concern of the 4, but those wasn't the main factor.

The answer is yes. They would be looking for a 10% below market to consider such a unit.
Artisan woodworker crafting live edge tables, end grain cutting boards, and other home decor
Silver Coins | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio | Heatware
Jul 16, 2020
130 posts
23 upvotes
Jon Lai wrote: The answer is yes. They would be looking for a 10% below market to consider such a unit.
Lol
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
17408 posts
4206 upvotes
Toronto
Jon Lai wrote: The answer is yes. They would be looking for a 10% below market to consider such a unit.
Onlyuo wrote: Lol
Jon is correct here - its not just the chinese market but every culture has their own superstitions.

Indian Customers - They will always prefer "East Facing Homes". Some that are more superstitious will only buy a house where all the numbers for the unit add up to ___ (i.e. Unit 123 would add up to 6). For detached/semi/towns for example Indian customers will also never buy a home that has a frontage that's wider than the back (Referred to as a Lions Mouth Lot [loosely translated])

Chinese Customers - Avoid anything with the number 4, prefer anything with the number 8

There are other clients I've seen who have superstitions like the sink and stove must never face each other..."It's fire vs water"...and the reasoning I've been told by the clients have been that "it will always cause fights in your home".

Trust me, a home is a big purchase to anyone, and needs to be perfect. Every home can't be perfect to everyone, but its always best to try to buy something that can accommodate the most number of people.
Jul 16, 2020
130 posts
23 upvotes
deal_with_singh wrote: Jon is correct here - its not just the chinese market but every culture has their own superstitions.

Indian Customers - They will always prefer "East Facing Homes". Some that are more superstitious will only buy a house where all the numbers for the unit add up to ___ (i.e. Unit 123 would add up to 6). For detached/semi/towns for example Indian customers will also never buy a home that has a frontage that's wider than the back (Referred to as a Lions Mouth Lot [loosely translated])

Chinese Customers - Avoid anything with the number 4, prefer anything with the number 8

There are other clients I've seen who have superstitions like the sink and stove must never face each other..."It's fire vs water"...and the reasoning I've been told by the clients have been that "it will always cause fights in your home".

Trust me, a home is a big purchase to anyone, and needs to be perfect. Every home can't be perfect to everyone, but its always best to try to buy something that can accommodate the most number of people.
but then if the unit number is 888, its adds up to 24, that means "easily death" . or 18 could mean 18th level below hellFace With Tears Of Joy
Mar 2, 2017
309 posts
340 upvotes
Markham
deal_with_singh wrote: Jon is correct here - its not just the chinese market but every culture has their own superstitions.

I love this, because it all goes out the window when a property is priced aggressively all of the sudden none of it matters, everyone is a fan (it's like real life magic). I've seen it first hand multiple times. 🤣
Realtor, Investor, CPA
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
44320 posts
4893 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Onlyuo wrote: but then if the unit number is 888, its adds up to 24, that means "easily death" . or 18 could mean 18th level below hellFace With Tears Of Joy
Well, I can tell you that Chinese don't have the superstition where the digits adding up to a certain number matters that DWS described, so your case would not apply - Chinese would buy up 888 and probably bid it up to 5% over market.
Artisan woodworker crafting live edge tables, end grain cutting boards, and other home decor
Silver Coins | Philips Wake-Up Light with Radio | Heatware
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
17408 posts
4206 upvotes
Toronto
RichmondCA wrote: I love this, because it all goes out the window when a property is priced aggressively all of the sudden none of it matters, everyone is a fan (it's like real life magic). I've seen it first hand multiple times. 🤣
Haha I've seen it both ways, some will still not look at it despite it being underpriced, where as others will completely forget about their beliefs haha.
Jon Lai wrote: Well, I can tell you that Chinese don't have the superstition where the digits adding up to a certain number matters that DWS described, so your case would not apply - Chinese would buy up 888 and probably bid it up to 5% over market.
Yep! 888, 1888, 2888 are all units that I could see Chinese buyers bidding up just for the sake of the number. It was the same when I had my WSD Coins Business - Any time a coin had a serial number with 2's and 8's...it could potentially command double haha.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)